ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Extension Applica Form-PBS Dependent Form (or FLRM

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Dependent Extension Applica Form-PBS Dependent Form (or FLRM

Post by shanmukh145 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Hello,

My wife entered UK in Nov 2010 on Tier 2 (ICT) and switched to Tier 1 - General dependent in Nov/Dec 2012?.

I am due to get ILR in Sep 2014. However I have been advised by UKBA customer care that she has to wait for 5 years to get ILR, as per new rules.

Could someone please advise me on the below?

Can she apply for dependent extension while I am applying for ILR?

o If yes then which form (Tier 1 Dependent or FLRM) should I be using?
o If No then how many days should I wait to file her application? Should I wait until I receive my ILR?

Appreciate quick response and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Shanmukh

Amber
Mood:

Re: Dependent Extension Applica Form-PBS Dependent Form (or

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 am

Assuming you're settling as a PBS applicant it's - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply and PBS dependant application form.

I am just wondering can I apply visa to my wife once I got ILR?
If yes what application I need to use for my wife extension and how many years she will get extension?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 pm

3 years
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 pm

[quote="Amber_"]3 years

Is this 3 years grant through PBS dependant application only?

My worry is if I have to use only PBS dependant application then I should again applying Visa to make 5 years period to Apply my wife ILR ( bcz she got my dependant afer Jul 12 rules, in Dec 12). So whether I can apply her extension through FLRM after I have got ILR. if yes, will she grant 5 year VISA?

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 am

[quote="Amber"]Assuming you're settling as a PBS applicant it's - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf[/quote

Hi can someone please advise me as I am bit confusing after going briefly through Set(o) form and new Tier 1 dependant extension form. shall complete this form separate for applying my wife Visa along with My ILR?
(Or) shall I complete the dependant details in Set (O) form?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 pm

How could your spouse apply on SET(O) with you if she needs to wait 5 years?

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

Amber wrote:How could your spouse apply on SET(O) with you if she needs to wait 5 years?

can someone please advise me on the following occasion as a matter of urgency?

from the above thread I am applying ILR and my wife applying as Tier 1 dependent (extension , upto 5 years) visa along with my application. I am not sure whether I should do both at same time? but unfortunately, I have booked my appointment on this Friday for both of us at same time

thereby i have paid (£ 2986 ) amount for myself and my wife . I just realized that the amount would be separate for each applicant plus premium service charge? while scheduling appointment, I have selected Main applicant and 1 dependent and paid the above figure as given me a quote

as per the Application form, the amount would be different for each person and premium service, if I could wrong

If you are a single applicant on form SET(O) and no dependents are applying with you, the normal specified fee is £1093 for standard applications made by post or courier plus additional premium charge

this below amount is applicable for myself and any dependent on the same form, which I have realised while I go through application, if I could wrong again
Number of applicants Standard
Yourself and 1 dependant £2186 + 800 premium service- 2986

Tier 1, 2, or 5 Dependent standard fees as follows as per application
Tier 1 – (General) standard £1,607

so total amount would be- 1093 + 400 premium service
Dependent- - £1607 + 400
Total would be = £ 3500

I would need your immediate advise what should be done as my Appointment is on this Friday

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Any advise below please

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:34 am

They should do both at the same time ask before you submit it.

ursamyn

Post by ursamyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:03 am

Shanmukh145, Listen to Amber, he/she is very senior on this forum, and know what they are talking about.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Thanks for the reply Amber. fingers crossed

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Amber wrote:They should do both at the same time ask before you submit it.

Many thanks for your kind advise. My ILR Application has been successful on the same day. I am waiting for my BRP card and my wife BRP card. I am not sure how many years my wife will get the VISA. I have asked my caseworker and they said they will round up the VISA for the remaining period to complete 5 years period.
It did take 2.30 hrs. waiting time to give my documents back. As recommended, I have informed before I drop my Application and payment details. The lady was bit confusing this process and finally charged me additional amount after I have been agreed for the additional amount.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:53 pm

PBS dep leave should be for 3 years.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 am

Amber wrote:PBS dep leave should be for 3 years.
hi Amber, yes i have received my wife BRP card. unfortunately, she had a VISA for 3 years period .

does she definitely need 1 more extension to round up for 5 years and eligible for ILR ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 am

Why unfortunately 3 years? That's correct! Yes she'll have to complete 5.

RizwanAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by RizwanAhmed » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

Need advice from any senior member of forum PLZ>>>>!!!!!

I got my ILR in Feb 2014 on 10 years residency some personal reason I couldn’t apply for my wife FLR(m) before April 2014. I applied on 2nd Oct 2014 at PEO and got approval for my wife. On that letter the case worker did not mention for how long he gave visa to my wife. Just mentioned your BRP will be delivered within 7 days etc….

Is that normal practice to not mention visa duration?????

At the end on letter after his signature there is rectangular box and in that box is mentioned “ If you are planning to apply ILR use SET(M) form and further information please visit http://www.gove.....”

Any idea what is that? Did he consider her within old rule? Or new? As he gave information for ILR in that box which is the last thing mentioned on that letter

Any advice plz?????

Thanks

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 am

Probably under new rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 am

Amber wrote:Why unfortunately 3 years? That's correct! Yes she'll have to complete 5.

Hi Amber Thanks for your advise earlier. now i am in a confusion mode what type of Extension does my wife required now as i am on British Passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 am

Amber is no longer on the forum.

Your wide will need to apply for a FLR(M) extension which will be for 2.5 years. She will also have to pay £500 immigration health surcharge plus the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Amber is no longer on the forum.

Your wide will need to apply for a FLR(M) extension which will be for 2.5 years. She will also have to pay £500 immigration health surcharge plus the visa fee.

Thanks for the reply. can she apply ILR after Mar 18 (where she would be finished 5 years of my dependent) ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:32 pm

shanmukh145 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. can she apply ILR after Mar 18 (where she would be finished 5 years of my dependent) ?
No, she needs 5 years residence on her current visa path. This is due to the rules changes in April 2014 and you getting ILR based on long residence. Here clock reset to zero when she applied for FLR(M) after April 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 am

CR001 wrote:
shanmukh145 wrote:

No, she needs 5 years residence on her current visa path. This is due to the rules changes in April 2014 and you getting ILR based on long residence. Here clock reset to zero when she applied for FLR(M) after April 2014.
Thanks, sorry not clear, my wife is on PBS dependent visa since Feb 2013. I have got ILR in Aug 2014, where she had given Visa until Aug 2017. Now we are short of 6 months to round up 5 yrs and eligible to apply ILR after 5 years. I am sure rules have been changed but can she not apply PBS dependent extension by providing docs similar as my main PBS documents despite I am on British passport as I got ILR through PBS
Hope you got clear information of my wife current situation and please let me know if that is possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry, another member had posted about long residence ILR in this topic.

She will need aPBS extension to make up 5 years before she can apply for ILR
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shanmukh145
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh145 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:Sorry, another member had posted about long residence ILR in this topic.

She will need aPBS extension to make up 5 years before she can apply for ILR

ohh np, Thanks for the clarification she need an extension to round up 5 years through PBS dependent category. Please may i know what applications shall i use?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

is the above application right? if so, shall i still need to provide my earning etc as i couldn't ask to provide such documents except Maintenance funds. Please advise me on this occasion