ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to submit driving license which was used for the test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sgc

Forgot to submit driving license which was used for the test

Post by sgc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Submitted my form AN today via NCS with passport and Life in the UK test pass certificate as supporting documents. Forgot to submit driving license which was used for the test. The AN docs say it's expected the same doc used for the test is used for the form.

Called the NCS who said they wouldn't worry about it. Also, according to this there shouldn't be an issue:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 54657.html

I'm guessing the worst case scenario is the UKBA requests the missing doc and not outright reject the app on that basis?

vivdubes

Re: Forgot to submit driving license which was used for the

Post by vivdubes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Chill it is non issue.. they can and would check your identity in many ways. I dont see this to be an issue at all, still if you want to worry then there are many worse things to be worried about :lol:

sgc

Post by sgc » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:28 am

Spoke with the NCS again to verify.

The NCS has a special agreement with the Home Office. There is a general checkbox/list they check that essentially confirms everything's okay with the application; reportedly nothing specific about driving licenses. Thus they normally don't send a driving license over or even take photocopies of it unless there are points on it, not even if it was used as proof of identity for the Life in the UK test, and at most they would just look at the driving license to confirm the photo resembles me and immediately hand it back, so it wouldn't affect the application in any way.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 am

sgc wrote:Spoke with the NCS again to verify.

The NCS has a special agreement with the Home Office. There is a general checkbox/list they check that essentially confirms everything's okay with the application; reportedly nothing specific about driving licenses. Thus they normally don't send a driving license over or even take photocopies of it unless there are points on it, not even if it was used as proof of identity for the Life in the UK test, and at most they would just look at the driving license to confirm the photo resembles me and immediately hand it back, so it wouldn't affect the application in any way.

Good that you are not going to lose sleep over this non issue any more. It was never an issue.