ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Corrections to submitted application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vibez_well

Corrections to submitted application

Post by vibez_well » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi,

I've just submitted an in-country application for Tier 4 visa and also made the payments. While preparing the documents, I noticed that I had selected the wrong answer for one of the questions.

How do I make changes to the submitted application ?

Kingz84

Re: Corrections to submitted application

Post by Kingz84 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Vibz

What corrections do you need to make ? Should either write to them or call them up as your application has been sent already. Isit a major error?

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi !

I submitted the online application application. It is a critical error...

What I did was that I made the correction on the printed form and explained it in the covering letter. Hope that works.

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi !

Thought I will update this info for the benefit of all applicants who make such an error.

On the printed form, I made the necessary corrections with a pen.
I elaborated all the errors and the corrections made - Included all info like the section, page number etc.

End of the letter, made a declaration that all info was correct etc.

It worked, visa was approved in normal time.

Cheers. :D

Alley23
Newly Registered

Post by Alley23 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 am

vibez_well wrote:Hi !

Thought I will update this info for the benefit of all applicants who make such an error.

On the printed form, I made the necessary corrections with a pen.
I elaborated all the errors and the corrections made - Included all info like the section, page number etc.

End of the letter, made a declaration that all info was correct etc.

It worked, visa was approved in normal time.

Cheers. :D
Hi there, did you wrote a separate letter and attached it to the printed form, or did you wrote your explanation at the "additional informations" section?

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am

Alley23 wrote:did you write a separate letter and attach it to the printed form, or did you write your explanation at the "additional informations" section?
I included a covering letter along with the printed forms explaining all the errors and corrections.

Alley23
Newly Registered

Post by Alley23 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm

vibez_well wrote:
I included a covering letter along with the printed forms explaining all the errors and corrections.
I see. Cos I made some mistakes as well and I was cracking my head on how to correct the mistakes. Thanks for letting us know :)

Pratt
Newly Registered

Post by Pratt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Dear Experts ,

I have filled Tier 4 depedent Visa for my 3 yr old child and they have rejected visa and then the appeal also.

I misunderstood the question and written the answer in Q51 of Tier 4 as "No".

They have told the reason as "In the application ( ref :…..), Father Name replied ‘No’ in response to question 51 questioning as to whether he had any dependent children. No explanation has been provided as to why Father_name would not declare you as his child in his Tier 4 Application."

If I file the fresh Application for him again. They might caught me again on the same question.

Could you please let me know I have to do so that My Son gets the Visa.

One possible Option is : I can say I misunderstood the question Q51 and committed the mistake.

Can you please share your comments. I shall be highly thankful to you.

Best Regards,
Pratt

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,

Am not sure what the question is... If it is to confirm that your son is your dependent, then check yes in that box !

If you are planning to file a fresh application, then an explanatory letter may not be required (?)

Cliff002
Newly Registered

Post by Cliff002 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Hello there, I have made a mistake to for my Tier 4 to be switched to Tier 2. Unfortunately I had filled the wrong start date and end date for my tier 4 visa ( I had filled in my passport start and end dates instead). Can I know how do you write your cover letter? (hand written or computer typing?) . Is there any format in writing one?

Thank you

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Cliff002 wrote: Is there any format in writing one?
Thank you
I didnt follow any particular format - just the normal business letter format. Make sure you mention the relevant details. What error - what error and the correction; section no etc.

all the best.