ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ThisYear

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Wow MRLAOLU! !!! You came out victorious at last. So so happy for you and your family. You indeed fought the good fight. Praise be to God. Congrats once again sir!
MRLAOLU wrote:Hello everyone
Exactly two years after I made an application for FLR O I received BRPs for myself and family. It has been a torturous 2 years and so many things have happened along the way but we give God all the glory for taking us to this expected end. Thanks also goes to everyone on this forum for sharing their life's experiences with one others. My timeline is as follows:

Application made: 20/08/2012
Refused:23/05/2013
Appeal Heard:21/02/2014
Appeal Allowed:17/03/2014
BRP issued:05/08/2014

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Amen! Thanks dapsonlee. ...I'm so hoping it is.
dapsonlee wrote:
ThisYear wrote:Hello good people,

seems there's been a number of approvals in the last few weeks. ....congrats to all those who have finally escaped the uncertainty of UK VI.

Well, I called the contact centre a few minutes ago and was told a "decision" has been made and sent this morning! I have been a right mess since trying to decipher what this means. People on this forum have been told "a package" has been sent to them, ultimately meaning their visa! I just don't know what to make of this phrase :(

The tide has fallen in your favour already ThisYear. Every patience does have it's rewards, that package will definitely be your breakthrough in Jesus name. Amen. I will join Kukuwife on this one also to congratulate you in advance. 2014 has so been a beautiful and glorious year...
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Exactly two years after I made an application for FLR O I received BRPs for myself and family. It has been a torturous 2 years and so many things have happened along the way but we give God all the glory for taking us to this expected end. Thanks also goes to everyone on this forum for sharing their life's experiences with one others. My timeline is as follows:

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230
Big congratulations to you and your family mrlaolu. The Lord has done you well rejoice and be glad. Keep praying for us that remain all the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:25 pm

[quote="MRLAOLU"]Hello everyone

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230[/quote]

MRLAOLU!!!! What can i say?? I am filled with joy and i can't stop praising his Almighty name!! Congratulations to you and your family. It indeed has been a trying time for you and your family. Now is the time to rejoice and be merry. A quick question if i may! Do you have any conditions on your BRP?

@Thisyear. I sense good news around the corner. Let it be the good news we are all waiting for. Everything crossed for you!! Lol!!

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Its now 15 weeks since i sent my FLR(FP) Application. Is it true that cases that receive quick response from the HO are usually more successful than the cases they waste more time on ?
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 am

[quote="Ems1927"]Hi everyone. As our court date gets nearer and no sign of an overturned decision we get more nervous . It's under a month away now.. I know I asked already, but is there anyone at all who can talk me through what will happen at court? How long will it take? Will we be asked questions separately? Is there chance of an answer there and then? Any experiences or knowledge would be amazing.. Thanks[/quote]

Hi there!!
This might be of some assistance.

http://www.righttoremain.org.uk/legal/r ... -tribunal/

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 am

That's big victory for you Mr Laolu
Congratulations to you. I expect another positive and much deserved victory for you @thisyear. You guys have shared the anguish and joy with many for almost 2 years on this forum - my warmest congratulations to you both!
Good bless
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:38 am

Thank you very @Dapsonlee, Kukuwife, Thisyear, Nilemasques and everyone for your kind words and show of support. We 've all come a long waybon this matter and I trust our Lord that we will rejoice with you and family very soon.
@Nilemarques the only condition is that I'm not entitled to public funds. I hope that answers your question.
nilemarques wrote:

MRLAOLU!!!! What can i say?? I am filled with joy and i can't stop praising his Almighty name!! Congratulations to you and your family. It indeed has been a trying time for you and your family. Now is the time to rejoice and be merry. A quick question if i may! Do you have any conditions on your BRP?

@Thisyear. I sense good news around the corner. Let it be the good news we are all waiting for. Everything crossed for you!! Lol!!

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:55 am

icehouse256 wrote:Its now 15 weeks since i sent my FLR(FP) Application. Is it true that cases that receive quick response from the HO are usually more successful than the cases they waste more time on ?
Nope, it's not true it all depends on the caseworker treating your file and the complexity involved..and if it's your 1st flr(fp) application it may take longer than usual that don't mean it won't be positive, however if a case is taking longer at times they may request for more documents b4 they grant you so continue keeping documents and don't cancel either your gas or water or phone or council tax and all as they may come handy soon, I wish you the best of luck and be positive and also try and be calling the ukvi every monday at least. The lord is your strenght.

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:19 am

After 2yrs..wow the lord is good oo..congrats bro am sure this just made your year 2014

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 am

[quote="MRLAOLU"]Thank you very @Dapsonlee, Kukuwife, Thisyear, Nilemasques and everyone for your kind words and show of support. We 've all come a long waybon this matter and I trust our Lord that we will rejoice with you and family very soon.
@Nilemarques the only condition is that I'm not entitled to public funds. I hope that answers your question.

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="MRLAOLU"]Hello everyone

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230[/quote]

@Thisyear. I sense good news around the corner. Let it be the good news we are all waiting for. Everything crossed for you!! Lol!![/quote][/quote]

Thanks @ MRLAOLU. It does answer my question and congrats once again!!

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:19 am

icehouse256 wrote:Its now 15 weeks since i sent my FLR(FP) Application. Is it true that cases that receive quick response from the HO are usually more successful than the cases they waste more time on ?
That's a very long time! Why is your application taking so long? Did the ho tell you it may take longer than usual? Making me a little worried for our application :shock:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:13 am

omobajay wrote:
Nope, it's not true it all depends on the caseworker treating your file and the complexity involved..and if it's your 1st flr(fp) application it may take longer than usual that don't mean it won't be positive, however if a case is taking longer at times they may request for more documents b4 they grant you so continue keeping documents and don't cancel either your gas or water or phone or council tax and all as they may come handy soon, I wish you the best of luck and be positive and also try and be calling the ukvi every monday at least. The lord is your strenght.
Thanks for the clarification Omobajay, Yes this is my first flr(fp) application, but it is my second time applying for flr, first time was flr(m), was refused cos of financial requirement. This wait is really frustrating.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 am

flozo64 wrote:
That's a very long time! Why is your application taking so long? Did the ho tell you it may take longer than usual? Making me a little worried for our application :shock:
Yes its a very long time, and no...but i guess its what they meant in the letter they usually send to all flr(fp) applicants. Just as Omobajay as said, it all depends on the caseworker and how complex the case is. So be positive.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 am

Congrats to everyone that has been granted mr laolu, thisyear and I'm sorry if had miss anyone out. Enjoy ur freedom and keep praying for us all

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:24 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
flozo64 wrote:
Yes its a very long time, and no...but i guess its what they meant in the letter they usually send to all flr(fp) applicants. Just as Omobajay as said, it all depends on the caseworker and how complex the case is. So be positive.
Like you we also applied for flr(m) first - then did the whole appeal process. Wishing you good luck, hopefully good news will be coming soon....
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm

@flozo64: I also went through the while appeal process after the flr(m), how long have you applied and do you have any children ?

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm

icehouse256 wrote:@flozo64: I also went through the while appeal process after the flr(m), how long have you applied and do you have any children ?
Applied for the flr(m) back in 2012 and went to first tier but weren't allowed to go to upper. We have one son and applied flr(fp) 3 weeks ago.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
omobajay wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Omobajay, Yes this is my first flr(fp) application, but it is my second time applying for flr, first time was flr(m), was refused cos of financial requirement. This wait is really frustrating.
Exactly why it is complex, you have been refused previously on flr(m) so therefore the caseworker will still dig into why you were refused before and now that you have applied again..as long your situation then and now haven't changed apart from the financial requirement then you should be fine, just keep calling them like every monday to put pressure on them that's all but it should be out soon I guess, be positive, it is well

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:08 pm

flozo64 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:@flozo64: I also went through the while appeal process after the flr(m), how long have you applied and do you have any children ?
Applied for the flr(m) back in 2012 and went to first tier but weren't allowed to go to upper. We have one son and applied flr(fp) 3 weeks ago.
Your situation and mine are exactly the same and the first flr(m) application i sent was also sent in 2012, I also was not allowed to go to upper tribunal, the only difference between your case and mine is that we don't have any children yet. Was your first flr(m) refused on financial requirement too ?

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 pm

@Omobajay: Yes our situation still remains the same, except that we do now meet the financial requirement, though its not needed in the flr(fp) route, but we included pay-slips, employment letter and bank statements anyway. The only fear i have is that we do not have any children and the fact that they are refusing people in theses situations based on the fact that they cannot prove any insurmountable circumstance why their family life cannot be continued outside the UK.

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
flozo64 wrote:
Your situation and mine are exactly the same and the first flr(m) application i sent was also sent in 2012, I also was not allowed to go to upper tribunal, the only difference between your case and mine is that we don't have any children yet. Was your first flr(m) refused on financial requirement too ?
Yes it was financial too. I am now working full time but still below the threshold.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Yes it was financial too. I am now working full time but still below the threshold.[/quote]

@flozo64: Be positive, and you don't worry....you have a strong chance because you have a BC...just keep praying and being positive. When you went to the first tier tribunal, i suppose you were being asked questions in regards to your relationship with your partner ? That was what we encountered, it was more or less like we were invited for an interview by the HO. They asked questions that would make the judge doubt our relationship, to be sincere, i never expected that we would be asked questions based on our everyday life etc.....we were frightened and some of our answers were mismatched.

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

icehouse256 wrote:Yes it was financial too. I am now working full time but still below the threshold.
@flozo64: Be positive, and you don't worry....you have a strong chance because you have a BC...just keep praying and being positive. When you went to the first tier tribunal, i suppose you were being asked questions in regards to your relationship with your partner ? That was what we encountered, it was more or less like we were invited for an interview by the HO. They asked questions that would make the judge doubt our relationship, to be sincere, i never expected that we would be asked questions based on our everyday life etc.....we were frightened and some of our answers were mismatched.[/quote]

We made the mistake of saying my husband's family supported our marriage, so the judge said I could leave my education and relocate. The judged acknowledged that Pakistan is dangerous but I could just avoid the dangerous places (is that possible? lol) Judge basically told us to move abroad.

So this time we used a solicitor and didn't mention his family at all. :roll:

Praying for a good result, living in limbo is hard. Hopefully we both get our freedom soon...
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:07 pm

flozo64 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:Yes it was financial too. I am now working full time but still below the threshold.
@flozo64: Be positive, and you don't worry....you have a strong chance because you have a BC...just keep praying and being positive. When you went to the first tier tribunal, i suppose you were being asked questions in regards to your relationship with your partner ? That was what we encountered, it was more or less like we were invited for an interview by the HO. They asked questions that would make the judge doubt our relationship, to be sincere, i never expected that we would be asked questions based on our everyday life etc.....we were frightened and some of our answers were mismatched.
We made the mistake of saying my husband's family supported our marriage, so the judge said I could leave my education and relocate. The judged acknowledged that Pakistan is dangerous but I could just avoid the dangerous places (is that possible? lol) Judge basically told us to move abroad.

So this time we used a solicitor and didn't mention his family at all. :roll:

Praying for a good result, living in limbo is hard. Hopefully we both get our freedom soon...[/quote]

I know, living in this limbo is the most frustrating thing that could happen in ones life. The major mistake i made during our own hearing was that when i was asked the last time my wife visited my home country, i didn't state the correct year, due to the tension and fright, i said a different year, but i also specified that i never had a good relationship with my father, and he intact is not aware that i am now married, but judge never mentioned anything about us going back to live outside the UK, all he was worried about were the discrepancies in our answers, which he said made him doubt our relationship.

As regard to the judge asking you to go back to Pakistan after acknowledging it himself that it was dangerous is what i don't understand, but i don't think thats reason enough for you to have any problem this time. There is nothing impossible for God to do, i know you and i will share our good news here soon.