ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rule for start of programme

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kuzaaah

28 days rule for start of programme

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Guys.. I need advice seriously. My current Psw ends on 29th August but my PhD programme starts on 29 Sept 2014. Can I make an in country application?

Cheers

riz1986

Re: 28 days rule for start of programme

Post by riz1986 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm

yapp you can ! since its one or two days difference u shld be okay

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:52 am

Unfortunately, the immigration office of the school is asking me to do out of country application

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm

They are getting much tougher on this rule. Up until 1Aug 2014 the caseworker guidance stated one calender month. It has been rewriten to match the 28 day rule.
It is somewhat harsh to leave to apply for only a couple of days difference, the other question - how would the University police it?
They can not stop you making an in coutry application once they issue the CAS.

Given the more strict caseworker guidance you may be taking a big risk appling in country..... other gurus might be able to advise on application from EEA country rather than going home.

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:43 pm

If you look at the calendar ,the day on 29th September is Monday that means your course would have started after 28 days if Saturday and Sunday were working days,But actually Sat and Sun(weekend)are not considered as working days in the UK,and we all know all the colleges,universities and schools are closed during the weekends,you may argue this if you decide to make in country application

dmp

Post by dmp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Kuzaaah
Yes, You Can however you need CAS to switch your visa. In this climate, its difficult for HTS/HEI to issue CAS to you because of over 28 days gap. Try hard look for some more HTS/HEI...

Best Luck!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.