ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character in Naturlisation FORM 8 - Vetting secion

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

banana07
Member of Standing

Good character in Naturlisation FORM 8 - Vetting secion

Post by banana07 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 am

Hi, quick question, on form 8, for good character section: have i been convicted for any offense.. etc

Does fixed charge parking ticket by county council that was paid immediately and there where no court or convection or gardai involved in it (just that random ticket issued by traffic warden for parking in loading area) count? I.e should i tick it as convection while its actually not? The section is not clear.. it makes you either a criminal or angel..
Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

thepiratequeen

Re: Good character in Naturlisation FORM 8 - Vetting secion

Post by thepiratequeen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 am

Did not effect my husband.....hadn't even thought of that. Good luck

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:59 am

We have discussed this question many times on this forum, a bit of research would have answered your question. Anyway, I will answer it again, any parking / speeding ticket that you have paid on time and if there is no court conviction is not coming under the umbrella of crime/convection.

You should NOT tick it as convection. However keep the paid fine receipts safe in case they find out and they might ask you to send them receipts.

Good Luck

robert_mar
Newly Registered

Post by robert_mar » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:05 am

CalvinKlien wrote:We have discussed this question many times on this forum, a bit of research would have answered your question. Anyway, I will answer it again, any parking / speeding ticket that you have paid on time and if there is no court conviction is not coming under the umbrella of crime/convection.

You should NOT tick it as convection. However keep the paid fine receipts safe in case they find out and they might ask you to send them receipts.

Good Luck
but should it be ticked at the question 'have you committed any offence against the laws of Ireland?

Thanks

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:13 am

I thicked no to all questions - and I had 1 speeding fine in 2005, one fine for using my mobile in 2011 and parked on double yellow lines. Got my passport beginning of August 2014. I paid them ASAP never been to court. So I would tick NO.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 am

DO NOT CLICK ON "YES". JUST SAY "NO" MEANS YOU HAVE NO CONVICTION.

abdelkader22
Newly Registered

Post by abdelkader22 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 pm

hi is any one have a convictions got approval or may be you know some one has got it pls let us know

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:19 am

if you have conviction, it's highly unlikely you will get approval. The Garda Pulse will flag your conviction so in other words big NO NO

abdelkader22
Newly Registered

Post by abdelkader22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 am

CalvinKlien
thanks for your reply when you said is going to be big NO NO, is it for ever, are they that tough :?

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:44 am

I talked to a local gaurd the other day on these issues.. he said:
1- its all dependent on how the employee/minister sees the conviction. vetting unit usually gives a summary of the guys convictions, offenses etc, and if the minister/INIS employee see that the conviction is not crazy one, then they will ask you to submit further documents/clarifications, and if satisfied they will pass it.. if not, they, either: defer the application until whatever the minister decides (ask you to submit again is x period of months) or just totally reject it.. if you share what the convictions and dates, I might ask the gaurd if they are considered as extremely serious or passable
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

abdelkader22
Newly Registered

Post by abdelkader22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:54 pm

hi banana
thanks for your reply

its 2004 driving with no insurance district court find €300, 3 years endorsement and 4 penalty point
2009 district court have insurance but not on the car i was driving find €400 with no endorsement no penalty point, only €400 .
THANKS AGAIN

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm

dear Abdelkader22,

if i am not mistaken , i think you have applied before and got rejected, if yes you did apply can you tell us when and when the rejection was. if you never applied before , then i encourage you to apply , and only then you will know your faith . like the other poster said it depends on the nature of the conviction and how long ago , you never know you could be approved after being asked for receipts of fines paid and of course you need to show that you are a person of good character now . worst case scenario is they refuse your application but that does not mean it's forever , if they refuse you then wait a little while , do some community work or volunteer to show that you are a reformed person , then apply again .. and you will be surprised with the outcome .
so no it's not forever that you will be judged on your previous mistakes , also now there's an automatic filter in the vetting bureau system that will not show offences under the road traffic act if it has been i think more than 5 years . so you could be lucky this time .
you have to start somewhere better than sitting there and asking will they refuse you or not , it will take time but in the end you will be granted naturalisation .

Good Luck .

abdelkader22
Newly Registered

Post by abdelkader22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 pm

adelmurray

thanks a million for you great reply. :D :D :D :D :D