ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what does this mean?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lucyard
Newly Registered

what does this mean?

Post by lucyard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 pm

I called the citizenship helpline and I spoke to a lady who said my file is currently worked on and that she knows I have been waiting for a decision for a while and that hopefully within one week I shld get a letter from them. I applied in 2011 but due to some traffic offence. Which was reversed in court my applicat
ion was held without any decision. Is it possible for some1 at the help desk to know when you will receive a letter? Anyone has an idea what this means. I pray for good news as I have almost lost hope

janet0001

Re: what does this mean?

Post by janet0001 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Of course,it must have been approved by the minister,just for the case worker to issue u the letter of approval and request for the citizenship payment. They held ur application for 3 yrs as a probational period to see that u don't come to adverse attention of garda again. Start saving ur money...Welcome to the club in advance.

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:51 pm

janet0001 wrote:Of course,it must have been approved by the minister,just for the case worker to issue u the letter of approval and request for the citizenship payment. They held ur application for 3 yrs as a probational period to see that u don't come to adverse attention of garda again. Start saving ur money...Welcome to the club in advance.
Thanxs for your response janet0001 will keep d forum update once I get a letter.thanxs

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi lucyard,
What was ur traffic offence?

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 pm

lucyard
Could you please tell us when was your last correspondence with them before your phone call?
usually when they say a case is being processed, they mean it's in second stage processing.
yes a lady at the helpdesk of the citizenship division during the work hours is able to search your reference number and tell you exactly what is in that letter and basically everything about you.
it could be an approval or it could be an acknowledgment of receipt of something you sent them.

Best of luck

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Darr81 wrote:Hi lucyard,
What was ur traffic offence?
It was for no insurance and driving licence which I had and the case was reversed in court. I sent them copies of order from court

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 am

bebo1901 wrote:lucyard
Could you please tell us when was your last correspondence with them before your phone call?
usually when they say a case is being processed, they mean it's in second stage processing.
yes a lady at the helpdesk of the citizenship division during the work hours is able to search your reference number and tell you exactly what is in that letter and basically everything about you.
it could be an approval or it could be an acknowledgment of receipt of something you sent them.

Best of luck
@bebo1901 I was told november abt the traffice offence in which I sent them the copies of order from court to explain that the case was reversed. I was then acknowledge and didn't hear anything from them until I called up a lady 3weeks ago. She said she will luk up my file and ring me back. She rang back 2days after and told me my file is currently being worked on and hopefully I will receive a decision soon. Then I rang again dis last thursday in which the lady I spoke to said she knows I have been waiting so long and that my file is currently worked on and shld receive a letter within a week
Am hoping for a decision at this stage so I will know where I stand.

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:14 am

I think you will receive the decision next week, she may have hurried up your file a little bit after you called her the first time. goodluck to all of us next week :)

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 am

bebo1901 wrote:I think you will receive the decision next week, she may have hurried up your file a little bit after you called her the first time. goodluck to all of us next week :)
I hope so too bebo1901. Goodluck to us all:-)

aquaris
Newly Registered

Post by aquaris » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 am

dear lucyard,

will you plz let us know about the decision you get as i am in the same situation you have i was stop in 2009 as well to not producing a insurance disc at garda check point which later in court that decision revers and the case was adjourned without any conviction or fine i already explain this to department but still waiting since 2011. can you plz update us thank you so much

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

aquaris wrote:dear lucyard,

will you plz let us know about the decision you get as i am in the same situation you have i was stop in 2009 as well to not producing a insurance disc at garda check point which later in court that decision revers and the case was adjourned without any conviction or fine i already explain this to department but still waiting since 2011. can you plz update us thank you so much
Sure aquaris will let u know once I get a letter

aquaris
Newly Registered

Post by aquaris » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi,

Any news. Or still did not get it did u rang them again

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:53 am

aquaris wrote:Hi,

I received nutttin yet. Will ring them by tuesday. I hope its not the same old story of we are working on it and will get back to u In due course response they always give :? :? We keep u posted on tuesday. Thanks it does look like there was any other approvals elsewhere too for now

aquaris
Newly Registered

Post by aquaris » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:57 am

lucyard wrote:
aquaris wrote:Hi,

I received nutttin yet. Will ring them by tuesday. I hope its not the same old story of we are working on it and will get back to u In due course response they always give :? :? We keep u posted on tuesday. Thanks it does look like there was any other approvals elsewhere too for now
Lucyard,

Hi mate did u get any reply yet have u rang them. I extend my garda card send them by reg post last week.