ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any good law firm recommendation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 pm

I am not surprised, you really have to be careful with some lawyers and solicitors. Some are amazing, some are inept.

prathameshdalvi32
Newly Registered

Sunrise Solicitors

Post by prathameshdalvi32 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I would personally recommend Sunrise Solicitors. It is my own experience.
They offer excellent service and all their fees are on the website.

marksen
- thin ice -

Post by marksen » Thu May 16, 2013 10:58 am

There are so many advisors in the website. I don’t really know which the good one is? I want to find someone who is good and experienced at it?! Anyone knows?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Marksen. This thread is almost 1 year old! I've removed your self-promoting link and any further posts containing this will result in a ban due to spam advertising.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 am

sushdmehta wrote:
D4109125 wrote:http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingan ... icitor.law

You can use this to search for a solciitor by area of law and location. Some solicitors may offer a free 10 minutes.

Alternatively seek advice from an immigraiton adviser regulated by the OISC

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... er_finder/
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Richard202
Newly Registered

How to find a Good Immigration Solicitor

Post by Richard202 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 am

Just a tip.

There are crooks in every profession. At the Legal Ombudsman website (http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/) you can search if the Solicitor you are thinking of using has ever had a complaint upheld against them, and brief details.

Thats not to say they're all bad. I'm sure many have mended there ways, or were victims of circumstance. But its still nice to know.

Richard

karimoualnan
Newly Registered

Re: Any good law firm recommendation?

Post by karimoualnan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:08 pm

https://www.change.org/p/home-office-st ... cle-friend

Please sign and share this petition for my uncle.

Thank you.

Karim

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:05 am

As much as i have enormous sympathy for you, and know how much you assist other people on the forum, i am unsure whether myself or anyone else is entitled to make an exception in you case, and allow you to effectively advertise on the forum.

It is a rule and we cannot break it, or else we will have to break it for everyone.

Even though I am a member of the legal fraternity, i don't advertise myself of the forum, even when members ask for my details.

It is alright to assist people, or get them to PM you if they require advise, but to effectively advertise your self is not something, I am prepared to accept. I am therefore of the view that you post, so far as it appears to me that you are engaged in advertising, ought to be edited, inorder to comply with forum rule.

I must warn you that this is a violation of forum rules, and you must desist from doing so.

I must say in passing, that i have observed your post and it of utmost assistance to member, however the rules are the rules and one cannot violate them, otherwise the forum will become chaotic.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for finding a broken link.

I've changed the link now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ScottCastle2013
Newly Registered

Post by ScottCastle2013 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 am

I useThey are amazing, very informative, polite, knowledgeable, and most importantly(for me) lol PATIENT! =) I am a U.S. Citizen, and was getting my UK Citizenship claimed by right of my Father being a Natural born UK citizen and was displaced during WW II. They walked me through the process, made all the calls to immigration and to the passport office. took about 4-5 months and I had the passport in my hand in the U.S. Their e-mail is I think the whole thing cost about 500 BPS that includes the courier fees and passport fees and purchase. I think I had gotten a good deal though the passport office I think had a deal at the time that cut my costs a little.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:34 am

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:16 am

Is sushdmehta an immigration solicitor or adviser?
lets get together for migrants' rights

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 am

No
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:07 am

I am desperately looking for an immigration lawyer to deal with my ILR (Tier 1 - G) salaried plus self employment application. I am not in a position to prepare my application myself or I should say I can't trust myself at this stage as this ILR application for me will be sort of final step of a long journey and efforts from 2003 and I put everything I had to go through all processes in past several years. Now living with children and wife who are well settled here and I absolutely cannot afford a delay in the outcome of my application or any shocking surprises for myself or my family. I understand no one can guarantee 100% success but I want to be sure that I am selecting the best and one of the experienced most lawyers to prepare and submit my application. I was in same circumstances when I got extension two years ago, which was successful at PEO. Home office is little more strict about self employment applications and my only weakness is that I am unaware of which additional documents to add in the application so that chances of delay in decision remain minimum. Please name someone who you had first hand experience with and you found them very knowledgeable and experienced. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated. Please don't provide links for OISC or Law Society etc as I have gone through them and couldn't figure out as who could be the best one.

I heard stories where people ask for massive fee but they don't even have updated information of the UKBA policies and rules etc. But there are definitely genuine people out there in this trade and I am looking for one of them (who must be experienced in self employment Tier1G ILR cases). In fact I am very much impressed with the knowledge of some of the people here on this forum and I would prefer them as compared to some big law firms but unfortunately I can't find if they provide these services professionally.
lets get together for migrants' rights

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:08 pm

shahmir wrote:I am desperately looking for an immigration lawyer to deal with my ILR (Tier 1 - G) salaried plus self employment application. I am not in a position to prepare my application myself or I should say I can't trust myself at this stage as this ILR application for me will be sort of final step of a long journey and efforts from 2003 and I put everything I had to go through all processes in past several years. Now living with children and wife who are well settled here and I absolutely cannot afford a delay in the outcome of my application or any shocking surprises for myself or my family. I understand no one can guarantee 100% success but I want to be sure that I am selecting the best and one of the experienced most lawyers to prepare and submit my application. I was in same circumstances when I got extension two years ago, which was successful at PEO. Home office is little more strict about self employment applications and my only weakness is that I am unaware of which additional documents to add in the application so that chances of delay in decision remain minimum. Please name someone who you had first hand experience with and you found them very knowledgeable and experienced. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated. Please don't provide links for OISC or Law Society etc as I have gone through them and couldn't figure out as who could be the best one.

I heard stories where people ask for massive fee but they don't even have updated information of the UKBA policies and rules etc. But there are definitely genuine people out there in this trade and I am looking for one of them (who must be experienced in self employment Tier1G ILR cases). In fact I am very much impressed with the knowledge of some of the people here on this forum and I would prefer them as compared to some big law firms but unfortunately I can't find if they provide these services professionally.
Please do click on the links already provided by Vinny to find a suitable person to assist you.
If all your tax affairs are in order and the income you declared to HO for your extensions and the income you declared to HMRC and paid tax on is the same, then you should be fine. Also, as long as your absences are within the allowed limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jerrybend
Newly Registered

Post by Jerrybend » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 am

Anyone got a good solicitor for Ilr revoked?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:16 am

The Terms & Conditions of forum membership does not permit recommendations of specific legal advisors.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.