ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About company dissolved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saanboy
Newly Registered

About company dissolved

Post by saanboy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi all,
I have got Tier 1 (Entrepreneur ) Visa last year in September end with my business partner. It was from PSW (£50K root, Partnership). My partner went out from the UK and he is not back yet (more than 7 months)! So all company documents went to his house and I never realize the Annual return submission. Hence our company dissolved!
We have not had any trading so far with that company but ready for trading now! So, I am going to restore a company!
Once we have got Visa me and my partner also open a another company for similar motive. And that company is Active.
Now my question is that, hats the best way to deal with this situation for future trading. We have not create any job so far for the business.
I want to get better solution from the exports or other visa holders for this scenario please.
Thank You

Hope145

Re: About company dissolved

Post by Hope145 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Not sure I understand your question! Depending on the circumstances for the company been dissolved you can restore it either by a court order or administrative restoration. Where you meet the administrative restoration criteria companies house will restore it like as if it had not been dissolved so that saves you from HO problems. Check companies house website for further details. As for the other company, hope you are listed as a director there just Incase.

P.S am not an expert just personal opinion

saanboy
Newly Registered

Post by saanboy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Hope145 wrote:Not sure I understand your question! Depending on the circumstances for the company been dissolved you can restore it either by a court order or administrative restoration. Where you meet the administrative restoration criteria companies house will restore it like as if it had not been dissolved so that saves you from HO problems. Check companies house website for further details. As for the other company, hope you are listed as a director there just Incase.

P.S am not an expert just personal opinion
Dear Hope145,
Thank you for your great idea
I have apply to companies house for administrative restoration.
Hope Everything, will fine!
Please advise me if you have any details of export so i will try to consult them!
Thanks

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Well I do not know your circumstances. As an accountant, I don't recommend to restore it because of the following;

-It is really hard and very rare. You need a court order [within 6 years from the date of dissolution].
-It has other implications. I am referring it to the penalties and surcharges for non-compliance, you mentioned above that you were not aware of that and you havent submitted anything.

In addition, any interested parties may come back to you i.e. HMRC, Companies House, Creditors etc. to demand their outstanding bills [more likely to be penalties, interest and surcharges].

I hope this may help.

Regards

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm

There are two ways to restore a dissolved company, administrative restoration or through court order. If the company meets the criteria to apply for administrative review specified on the companies house website then the company is eligble to apply for administrative review and therefore doesnot require a court order(this information is publicly available on the companies house website).

You may wish to seek correct expert advice now that you have applied if you feel the need, i don't have expertise beyond this! Best of luck!