ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ThisYear

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Believe, I'm still pinching myself :D Thank you so much.

God has promised that wherever the soles of our feet has stepped, we will possess it and that has been my mantra even when my faith was low. HE is faithful to fulfil His promises. Thanks for your input and bible quotes! They have lifted up my spirit at various times. You too will soon dance!
Believe2013 wrote:And The Oscar goes to (drum roll)
Thisyear. I am so happy for you and I join in with the others in celebrating - congratulations! Our God is awesome he can move mountains, keeps us in the valley, hides us from the rain, he heals us when we are broken.......
All the best in your future plans @thisyear
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:57 pm

I agree with you in faith dapsonlee and you are definitely in my prayers. The Lord works in mysterious ways even when it may seem nothing is happening, He is quietly moving in the background and making crooked paths straight.

They are confused.com :roll: .....BUT as joint heirs of the Son, only goodness and mercy will follow us all!! Amen.

dapsonlee wrote:
ThisYear wrote:My honourable MP dapsonlee!

Amen ThisYear please continue to keep us in your prayers.. :)

I am just here thinking randomly, the home office had changed it's name 3 times since we got onto this forum, home office, UKBA, then back to home office and finally to UKVI... What a journey feel like Dr. who with a telephone booth travelling back and forth in time. God knows what name will be next but I do pray from the bottom of my heart those of us on this lengthy journey will never experience and name change as freedom will be ours through Christ..
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

favour

Post by favour » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello All,

Please I need advice from the good people here who has gone for appeal before or have experience on appeal, my appeal date is in october. we have about a week more to put supporting documents together. I have spent several hours on the forum but its difficult to follow peoples stories because so many topics is being discussed at the same time.
My full story is in the link below.
Application- tier 4, May 2013
Varied to flro- July 2013
refused without appeal-Nov 13
JR -Nov 13
Appeal right-July14
Appeal -July 14
Hearing date- October 14

[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 68651.html [/url]

Thank you in advance

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm

favour wrote:Hello All,

Please I need advice from the good people here who has gone for appeal before or have experience on appeal, my appeal date is in october. we have about a week more to put supporting documents together. I have spent several hours on the forum but its difficult to follow peoples stories because so many topics is being discussed at the same time.
My full story is in the link below.
Application- tier 4, May 2013
Varied to flro- July 2013
refused without appeal-Nov 13
JR -Nov 13
Appeal right-July14
Appeal -July 14
Hearing date- October 14

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 68651.html

Thank you in advance
I have a hard time following stories on here too, I don't have advice but I have an appeal hearing on September 9 so I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

We were hoping the decision would be overturned before it got to that stage but the home office confirmed in writing today that they will not overturn the decision and our appeal will go ahead in a couple of weeks.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:59 pm

@Favour,

Favour as your name implies, you shall find from everyone present in the court on that day. I had my appeal base on 7 years rule, please not that I have always been on visa.

There is actually nothing to prepare for, the HO presenting officer was only asking questions and all the questions were just affirmation of my written supporting statement. Take your time to write your statement and do not lie in your statement, because you will not have the statement in front of you.

However, your solicitor would be allowed to cross examine the HO presenting officer to further stretch your point. And if you have a witness, they will be called in after you've given your evidence and afterwards will be allowed to sit behind you at the public place.

It is a very relaxing atmosphere just be yourself, and relax. I am still awaiting the outcome of my appeal by the way, I'm seriously praying and keeping my fingers crossed that its in my favour.

I wish you a successful outcome, and remember prepare your statement well, you will not be given opportunity to talk much rather than to answer the questions that is being asked.

Again all the best!

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

priscaltony wrote:@Favour,

Favour as your name implies, you shall find from everyone present in the court on that day. I had my appeal base on 7 years rule, please not that I have always been on visa.

There is actually nothing to prepare for, the HO presenting officer was only asking questions and all the questions were just affirmation of my written supporting statement. Take your time to write your statement and do not lie in your statement, because you will not have the statement in front of you.

However, your solicitor would be allowed to cross examine the HO presenting officer to further stretch your point. And if you have a witness, they will be called in after you've given your evidence and afterwards will be allowed to sit behind you at the public place.

It is a very relaxing atmosphere just be yourself, and relax. I am still awaiting the outcome of my appeal by the way, I'm seriously praying and keeping my fingers crossed that its in my favour.

I wish you a successful outcome, and remember prepare your statement well, you will not be given opportunity to talk much rather than to answer the questions that is being asked.

Again all the best!
That is such a helpful insight. So do you not actually read your statement out in court? How long did your appearance last and did you have witnesses or a solicitor?

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Ems1927 wrote:
priscaltony wrote:@Favour,

Again all the best!
That is such a helpful insight. So do you not actually read your statement out in court? How long did your appearance last and did you have witnesses or a solicitor?
@EMS1927,
Don't think so but I didn't read out my statements and didn't even have a copy with me, mine lasted about 30minutes and my witnesses lasted about 10minutes each. I had two witnesses, and yes I used a solicitor who was very helpful and wonderful. I wish you too a big best of all lucks.

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Thank you in advance[/quote]

I have a hard time following stories on here too, I don't have advice but I have an appeal hearing on September 9 so I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

We were hoping the decision would be overturned before it got to that stage but the home office confirmed in writing today that they will not overturn the decision and our appeal will go ahead in a couple of weeks.[/quote]

Dear @Ems1927

My appeal date on sep 23...can you please tell me how you get confirmation for not overturn the decision from home office..should need to ask that or they will do normally?....can you please explain???????

favour

Post by favour » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Thank you very much for everybody that has taken time to respond to me. I do appreciate your support and prayers.
@priscaltony, I did not even realise I need to write a statement as my solicitor did not advice me to, I will work on this.
I also do not realise one can take a witness to court.

I did have the intention of asking for reference letter from about 5 people, who are british (children's GodParents) and have know us for years, I intend including their letters and pictures showing them and the children or us together.

Is it advisable to have witnesses? if yes, who could it be? the people writing those letters are english people not sure they will be willing to go to court.

favour

Post by favour » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:02 pm

@satsug and Ems1927, I wish you all the best and God's favour.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:00 am

Hello everyone,

First, congratulations to all those who have been granted, won their appeals and received their BRP. Enjoy your Visa Stress Free Life.

Secondly, a brief overview of what happens in court.

No Lawyer (First Tier)
This is actually my own personal situation because I could not afford a lawyer.
The the clerk informed me that they would only question me and not my children because they were all minors (the three of them went for the hearing with me). The eldest was 17.

1. I actually questioned this decision on the day and the court clerk informed me that normally they would not question minors, however if I insist they would do this. She further explained that the situation may be too stressful for the children and sometimes children end up saying things that are contrary to the parents. (MY OPINION- I DO NOT THINK THE PRESENCE OF THE CHILDREN IN THE COURT ROOM MAKE ANY POSITIVE IMPACT - A friend who went with all hers and thought that the way the children behave in court has positively influenced the judge- the appeal was refused. Another friend her son above 18 said something contrary to what she said) although while looking for advices before the date I was told to take all the children. I took my children but they did not go into the court room. The judge acknowledged there presence.

2. When I entered the court room, I was told to sit in a chair opposite the Presiding Judge the HO solicitor was to my left (diagonal) and the court clerk was sat (diagonal)in front of the Judge. No more than this people

3. I had a ll the copies of the documents in front of me (I actually had a big folder which I opened in front of me and flicked through when responding my statement was also in front of me) so to answer the question whether you are allowed to read you statement, YES you are allowed, because the judge will ask you if there is anything you want to say,why you think you should be granted. I had my my statements so that I do not forget things that I wanted to say.

4. If you are someone who gets tongue tied or anxious, the best option is to read your statement.so that you do not leave /forget important things you what tp tell the jugde or call his/her attention to.

5. You are the one in this situation, therefore you are the best one to speak for yourself.

6. Most of my cross examination was carried out by the judge because the HO sol kept on saying he had no questions for me until the very end.

7. Prepare reasonable answers for questions that can be raised .Fr instance, the judge asked why I do not want to return to my country- I responded that I would have loved to but I have left there a while back although I grew up there and spent a long time there, but most of my friends have equally migrated here and others to other countries(note I provided letters from friends) I then concluded my answer by stating that my children has been here for the length of time, although the first two were not born here the youngest one knows no other home. I emphasized that when he went on holiday to my home country wanted to come back his request was I want to go back Home he did not say England. I then told the judge that although I am the applicant but the right for that leave should be considered based on my children because it is no longer about me but about them.

8. I also know that they do say do not send new evidence, please if you discovered something new that will support your case them prepare it and send it with a note explaining why you did not send it earlier. Even if it only on you cour day prepare several copies to hand to both the HO sol. and the judge.

9If you are using any evidence please make sure you can back it up. do not contradict yourself.

10. The judge will ask you questions based on what you have provided although this may lead on to other questions. e.g. The only question the HO sol asked me was why would I not take my kids back to study in my country, I answered that yes I would love to but the quality was far below what they have enjoyed here though the systems are similar. Based on my answer the judge said, Why can you not teach them yourself? you are a qualified teacher. I responded that I would love to do that, but I have no landed property, no savings and it would be very very hard to get a job, and this may cause irreparable damages to my children's ....

11. suggestions
- It is a daunting situation especially before you attend however the environment itself is not too daunting
- Prepare by being as relaxed and calm as possible
- Remember the Judge is a HUMAN BEING like you, he / she just happen to be the one favoured with that position
- Keep your mind at ease by knowing that it is either a yes /no although we hope it is a yes but remember the prepare for both.
- If you are scared in the court smile at the court clerk for reassurance.

12. PRAY.

IF YOU HAVE A LAWYER, he would do most of the questioning however you will still be given the opportunity to make a statement. MY OPINION -it is not the lawyer that is in the situation it is you so if he tells you there is no need to say you statement in the court ask him/ her if there is a law against it, if not let the judge here from you.

I apologise if this is all over the place I just need to put in a few words :D for those worried about the court issues.

I hope this helps and not stress.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 am

favour wrote:Thank you very much for everybody that has taken time to respond to me. I do appreciate your support and prayers.
@priscaltony, I did not even realise I need to write a statement as my solicitor did not advice me to, I will work on this.
I also do not realise one can take a witness to court.

I did have the intention of asking for reference letter from about 5 people, who are british (children's GodParents) and have know us for years, I intend including their letters and pictures showing them and the children or us together.

Is it advisable to have witnesses? if yes, who could it be? the people writing those letters are english people not sure they will be willing to go to court.
@Favour, it will make your case stronger if you get statements from these people (Godparents), they need to state in the letter your relationship with them and the how long they have known you and the kids. There statements should say more of the children than you.

You need to prepare yourself a statement of support, unless your solicitor has already prepared you one. My solicitor prepared her own statement and so did I prepare mine. It is you that wears the shoes and knows where it pinches most. If you can get one of the witnesses who gave you letter to go with you it will help your case. Understand my friend Al haqq said he had all his statement in front of him, but don't forget that he represented himself with no representative. If you have a representative, it is their responsibilities to have all the bundles with other supporting documents that will help your case. The judge did not ask me any questions, only asked my solicitor if she needed to cross examined the presenting officer. There where questions from the home office presenting officer, and can I also stretch here that rules have changed since Al haqq had his appeal and so has procedure. The atmosphere is calm and nothing daunting about it, there is no need for panicking.

Ask you solicitor for a copy of his/her statement and let him/her know that you need to include your on statement and that of your witnesses. Pictures are also good/important to include, get letter from school if your kid/s are/is in school and school report. The sitting arrangement is as Al haqq explained the only thing is that your solicitor will sit facing the HO presenting Officer and you will sit right in the middle of the court room. I was even asked to take an oath, which they say they don't normally do, the judges are always in a hurry and time conscious.

I hope this is helpful, I don't normally post here as the forum as never helped my case anyway, but I do come and read to see what help I can give based on my experience. So if you have further question/clarification feel free to ask and I will be happy to help, no question is stupid in a situation like this.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Awwwwwwhhhhh @MrLaolu and @ThisYear Im so so happy for you my darlings!!!!!!!! This has been such a journey for us all and I feel priviledged to have shared this journey with my forum family!!!!

Shout outs to our MPs :-) and the rest of the crew!! Love you guys!!!! Xxxxxxxx

Newbies welcome to the forum family!!

Happy Friday! XXX
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

djbonnet
Newly Registered

Post by djbonnet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Atlast!!!! finally I am so thrilled and love to share my good news to all good people here that today I have recieved a decission from home office and they have finally decided to grant me 30 months visa on 10 years partner routeee... I am so happy freeesom atlast and thanks to all fellow member of all encouragment i got ..

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 pm

djbonnet wrote:Atlast!!!! finally I am so thrilled and love to share my good news to all good people here that today I have recieved a decission from home office and they have finally decided to grant me 30 months visa on 10 years partner routeee... I am so happy freeesom atlast and thanks to all fellow member of all encouragment i got ..
Congratulations!!

More good news :mrgreen:

What was your situation? British child? Previous visa etc... :D
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

djbonnet
Newly Registered

Post by djbonnet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:42 pm

flozo64 wrote:
djbonnet wrote:Atlast!!!! finally I am so thrilled and love to share my good news to all good people here that today I have recieved a decission from home office and they have finally decided to grant me 30 months visa on 10 years partner routeee... I am so happy freeesom atlast and thanks to all fellow member of all encouragment i got ..
Congratulations!!

@flozo64 I came to uk in 2003 on student visa .. long story short I became an overstayer in 2007. Then in 2009 I started living with my partner whose BC and in 2010 we registered our wedding and then in 2011 I applied for flr M but refused in 2012 then with all reconsideration application again refused in 2013 and then attended a tribunal in stoke last year october while my wife was 7 months pregnant with twins but the judge dismissed the appeal and according to the judge my wife can travel untill 36 weeks and should live with me in my home country ... challenged the decission on paper but again got refused. May 2014 our beautifull twins were born and in june 16 I again applied for flr fp on basis of my childrens and wife and finally got it in 9 weeks

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:51 pm

djbonnet wrote:
flozo64 wrote:
Congratulations!!

@flozo64 I came to uk in 2003 on student visa .. long story short I became an overstayer in 2007. Then in 2009 I started living with my partner whose BC and in 2010 we registered our wedding and then in 2011 I applied for flr M but refused in 2012 then with all reconsideration application again refused in 2013 and then attended a tribunal in stoke last year october while my wife was 7 months pregnant with twins but the judge dismissed the appeal and according to the judge my wife can travel untill 36 weeks and should live with me in my home country ... challenged the decission on paper but again got refused. May 2014 our beautifull twins were born and in june 16 I again applied for flr fp on basis of my childrens and wife and finally got it in 9 weeks

Your case is slightly similar to ours. My husband is from Pakistan and came on a visit visa, after a flr(m) application was refused we lost in first tier and they didn't allow us to go to upper/ Our son is now 15 months.

Your case has given me hope! Praying we will be lucky like you. Looking forward to visiting Pakistan this year (if we are successful) :)
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Well done!! Congrats!!

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Congrats to ThisYear and djbonnet for your success.
@ThisYear for obvious reasons I became so emotional and tearful when I read your speech. It brought back all the memories of agony and despairs of the last few years but thank the good Lord for the deliverance.
And to our bro and sis still waiting like Dapsonlee,Kukuwife,Nilemarques and others I continue to lift you up in my prayers and and I'm convinced that in the nearest future there will be celebrations in your home. You will then say "when the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream".

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm

[quote="verbina"]Awwwwwwhhhhh @MrLaolu and @ThisYear Im so so happy for you my darlings!!!!!!!! This has been such a journey for us all and I feel priviledged to have shared this journey with my forum family!!!!

Shout outs to our MPs :-) and the rest of the crew!! Love you guys!!!! Xxxxxxxx

Newbies welcome to the forum family!!

Happy Friday! XXX[/quote]

Hello stranger!!! Good of you to pop by! Hope you're good and having the best of time with your daughter.

@Djbonnet.. Congratulations and all the best!
Last edited by nilemarques on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:49 pm

[quote="MRLAOLU"]Congrats to ThisYear and djbonnet for your success.
@ThisYear for obvious reasons I became so emotional and tearful when I read your speech. It brought back all the memories of agony and despairs of the last few years but thank the good Lord for the deliverance.
And to our bro and sis still waiting like Dapsonlee,Kukuwife,Nilemarques and others I continue to lift you up in my prayers and and I'm convinced that in the nearest future there will be celebrations in your home. You will then say "when the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream".[/quote]

Amen and Amen my brother!!! A further update. Called the UT today and they confirmed that my consent order has been signed by the judge and a letter for me confirming that is on it's way. Yaaay!!! So my 3 month countdown for a decision starts..

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:14 pm

nilemarques wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:Congrats to ThisYear and djbonnet for your success.
And to our bro and sis still waiting like Dapsonlee,Kukuwife,Nilemarques and others I continue to lift you up in my prayers and and I'm convinced that in the nearest future there will be celebrations in your home. You will then say "when the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream".
Amen and Amen my brother!!! A further update. Called the UT today and they confirmed that my consent order has been signed by the judge and a letter for me confirming that is on it's way. Yaaay!!! So my 3 month countdown for a decision starts..
Awwwwhhh keeping my everything crossed for you babe!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="MRLAOLU"]Congrats to ThisYear and djbonnet for your success.
And to our bro and sis still waiting like Dapsonlee,Kukuwife,Nilemarques and others I continue to lift you up in my prayers and and I'm convinced that in the nearest future there will be celebrations in your home. You will then say "when the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream".[/quote]

Amen and Amen my brother!!! A further update. Called the UT today and they confirmed that my consent order has been signed by the judge and a letter for me confirming that is on it's way. Yaaay!!! So my 3 month countdown for a decision starts..[/quote]

Awwwwhhh keeping my everything crossed for you babe![/quote]

Thanks Verbz. Am sure you're one of our guardian angels!!!! Lol!!!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Big Congratulations to you and your family. Greetings to the wonderful twins
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:07 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:Congrats to ThisYear and djbonnet for your success.
Many thanks mrlaolu
Your expectation will manifest very soon