ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family settlement financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

letmeatom
Newly Registered

Family settlement financial requirement

Post by letmeatom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Is it in any way, at all, possible for a Canadian national to have their Family Settlement Visa application approved without meeting the financial requirement?

We are both young. I am 24 and am a British citizen, live here with my son, but I don't earn a high wage. He is 23 and has little income. What are the chances that an appeal for him to move here with the intention of us to be wed as soon as possible and study and work in the UK permanently? Does this ever happen or do we *have* to meet the requirement no matter what?

Rayking

Re: Family settlement financial requirement

Post by Rayking » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

If he's to settle here,then you'll have to meet the financial requirement. I'm afraid,there's no other way to go about it,except if he's just gonna visit and go back and he can't work or do any other important stuffs.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

There's the Surinder Singh route, it's free, involves a lot up upheaval, google it and come back to us...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

letmeatom
Newly Registered

Post by letmeatom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:34 am

Okay, thanks for the information.

So how exactly does the Singh thing work? I move to the EU, he joins me there, we stay for 3 months, get married and attempt to move back into the UK?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:24 am

You would need to re-locate for more than 3 months. Probably 6-12 months and be employed there. As you've been advised, Google it for the full information and come back with any questions. Have you met in person?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 am

He could also consider the Youth Mobility Visa which would be for 24 months. A lot can happen in 2 years, but assuming there are no big changes to the rules or your relationship, he could then apply for FLR as an unmarried partner or spouse. By that time hopefully you would both be earning enough to meet the income requirement.

Only thing is he must have £1890 in savings and no negative immigration or criminal history.