ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds...Urgent Query, Help Please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

celvit
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds...Urgent Query, Help Please

Post by celvit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi respected members
I am switching from PSW to Tier 4 and my visa is going to expire on 1 sept. The problem is that I thought I only needed 2000 pounds for the maintenance while now when I have talked to the college they said you don't have established presence and therefore will need around £10,000 for maintenance covering a period of 9 months plus remaining course fee. So i put extra money in account but it will only be 15 days on the day of application i.e 1st sept.
My question is is there anyway that during my application I can ask ukba to give me some more time to complete the necessary time for the funds to be maintained i.e 28 days. I will need 13 more days after my application to submit the statement and will it be considered??
Desperately need your help..I will really appreciate if anyone can guide me
Thanks in advance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Maintenance Funds...Urgent Query, Help Please

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:56 am

You will get a refusal as the money has not been in the account long enough.
You have two choices

Apply knowing you will be refused but do it before your visa expires. This will give you a right of appeal. Soon as you get refused appeal but knowing you will put in a fresh application with the funds etc all being ok

Wait for the funds to clear the apply out of time but within your 28 day grace period. You do not get a right of appeal if you go down this route.

The cheapest but highest risk method in option 2 but it will get you to your visa in the quickest time scale.

dmp

Re: Maintenance Funds...Urgent Query, Help Please

Post by dmp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Celvit
You can also use money held in an account hold by your parents if possible, otherwise options given by frontier Mole.