ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join spouse visa examination time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samia12
Newly Registered

Join spouse visa examination time

Post by samia12 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:04 pm

I applied for my join spouse visa in the first week of march and they recieved the documents on 19th march, after waiting for 2 months and getting the same reply "application awaiting examination" they finally have started working on my application. Last week we got a reply from them that my application was under examination by a visa officer. Now what to expect? does examination also take months?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Saima,

usually they will get back to you within two weeks after they start work on ur application.

Can u tell me please how do u contact the department of justice in relation to ur application status ?

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:07 pm

I only have their email address visamail@justice.ie

parklize
Newly Registered

Re: Join spouse visa examination time

Post by parklize » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm

May I know your end of visa application? Since I have the same situation that have no reply even though 4months passed... :x

merykane
Newly Registered

Post by merykane » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi,

That's a bit scary. We applied 10 weeks ago and we still haven't heard of them. They don't reply to the emails either. Have you managed to get the visa at the end?

Good luck to all of you;

Take care

Laetitia

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 am

merykane wrote:Hi,

That's a bit scary. We applied 10 weeks ago and we still haven't heard of them. They don't reply to the emails either. Have you managed to get the visa at the end?

Good luck to all of you;

Take care

Laetitia
I know what you mean. We handed in our application in May but it took 3 weeks to even get to dublin. They told us it could take between 3 to 6 months and that only acts as a guideline meaning it could take longer. Its a very hard time for us as my husband and I are apart and we have no clue as to when we will be able to start our lives as a married couple.

All the best in your application and please post an update when you recieve your decision as we are now at 11 weeks since our application was received in Dublin

merykane
Newly Registered

Post by merykane » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

We finally got the good news today. Now I don't know what to do and who to contact. The visa people don't communicate over the phone. I sent them an email hoping it won't take 2 more weeks for them to reply.

Does anyone know what the next steps are, how to get the passport back, where to go?

Yhanks again

LM

T & G

Post by T & G » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 pm

[quote="merykane"]Hi,

We finally got the good news today. Now I don't know what to do and who to contact. The visa people don't communicate over the phone. I sent them an email hoping it won't take 2 more weeks for them to reply.

Does anyone know what the next steps are, how to get the passport back, where to go?

Yhanks again

LM[/quote

Congratulations!
if you had applied your visa through the embassy you should contact that embassy and ask for your passport back.at the same time you have to arrange for a courier such as DHL or FEDEX couriers and give them all the details of the embassy( address, phone, name of the person who should send your passport back etc.) and then the courier will pick your documents for you.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am

merykane wrote:Hi,

Yhanks again

LM
Congratulations on your approval.

I think you should contact the local embassy where the application was submitted. They will advise you on what to do next. Its much faster than waiting for a response from INIS.

Meanwhile, we are hoping our decision will be out soon. Was yours a join irish spouse visa or a spouse of eu citizen visa?

Regards,

Cynthia

merykane
Newly Registered

Post by merykane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am

We apply directly in Dublin since there is no ambassy or consulate in Congo. I managed to reach the immigration office yesterday but the lady told me the visa officers don't take phone calls.
The visa is Join family (EU nationals). We are not married but have a 27 months old daughter.

Good luck to all of you.

merykane
Newly Registered

Post by merykane » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Quick update on the situation. The passport was sent by registered letter on the same day and received a day letter. They don't communicate very well but they are really efficient!

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

merykane wrote:Quick update on the situation. The passport was sent by registered letter on the same day and received a day letter. They don't communicate very well but they are really efficient!
Congrats again. I think its much quicker if the application is submitted directly to Dublin. We sent out several emails to them and finally, we got the response we have been waiting for...our visa has been approved. This has been a very long 4 months.

All the best as you guys settle into your new lives

sanval
Newly Registered

Post by sanval » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 pm

hi all , i am working as a doctor in ireland . my wife has applied for spouse visa along with my son. we still have not heard anything from the justice department. it has been more than 5 weeks now. can anyone explain the process and expected time for the application to be processed?

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:12 am

sanval wrote:hi all , i am working as a doctor in ireland . my wife has applied for spouse visa along with my son. we still have not heard anything from the justice department. it has been more than 5 weeks now. can anyone explain the process and expected time for the application to be processed?
Hi,

From my understanding, i think it depends on where the application was submitted. In my case, i applied for a spouse visa in MAy and it got approved last week. It took about 13 weeks from the time the application was received in dublin. The average waiting time as per the guidelines from INIS is 3-6 months