ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breaking continutity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asmiali

Breaking continutity

Post by asmiali » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Dear sir,

Absences from the UK whilst unemployed cannot be considered to be employment related, therefore would break continuity.

Settlement, Family and Nationality Operational Policy & Rules |Operational Systems Management | Home Office

Can someone please shed any light on this. I was in the process of changing jobs and took a two week holiday in the middle. Does this break continutiy?

riz1986

Re: Breaking continutity

Post by riz1986 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:42 pm

u can argue u hv booked ur holiday in advance .....went on holiday came back on a valid visa and got another job

asmiali

Re: Breaking continutity

Post by asmiali » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Riz,

Brilliant idea. I will make sure I have the evidence to prove that I had the job before I left the country. The other point is that I had extra days of leave available from the original company which were paid to me on the day I left in advance. That should cover that as well.

Thanks.