ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liverpool PEO ILRTier1G+1Dep 23/08/14 Success!!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aravindb4u

Liverpool PEO ILRTier1G+1Dep 23/08/14 Success!!!!

Post by aravindb4u » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:55 am

First of all thanks to almighty and all members of this forum for providing rich knowledge. What a relief now ILR approved :lol: :mrgreen:

Background
- SET O form , Tier 1 G 5 year route with 1 dependant (old rule so 2 year needed for ILR).
- Initial Tier 1 G was in-country.

Nightmares I had haunting me every night before ILR
- Had total of 90 days absence in total 5 years, with the longest being 69 days, all personal visit. So no employer letters for these.
Tell u what, they dont even care about explanation letters, as long as ur holiday in single year is < 180 days
- Didnt have P60 for initial 2 years.
I was prepared to argue/discuss with CW, if they ask for this. I was prepared to insist that, " By law, it is not a requirement to submit 5 year p60 for Tier 1 G route, so you cant ask me about it". But chill they know better and didnt ask for it
- Wife done "Trinity College London" 's GESE grade 5 degree (B1 speaking & listening). Had recent news about test investigations.
Although some tests are under investigation, Trinity college test GESE grade 5 is absolutely fine and the easiest one to do. So I would recommend doing this.
- During booking PEO I selected SET (O) --> Tier 1 General. Not sure if this was the correct one to choose. This was haunting me for a while.
But dont worry and chill out as long as u paid right fees, thats all they care about really :)
- ILR dont have maintenance requirement. But there was question about finances in section 5, and evidences of "Your finances" in page 61 of the form.
Your last 3 months bank statement would suffice for this. But you would be submitting this anyway for salary proof. So that would suffice.

App form doubts I had

- Payment sheet page - did not fill as online payment is already made
- Section 5.3 = 12 months NET salary total / 12
- Section 6.1 = Date of first Tier 1 General stamping date, eventhough it was in-country stamping
- Section 6.2 = All reasons as "Family visit". Had a total of 90 absences in total, longest being 69 days.
- Section 6.3 = left blank. Be confident guys, leave it BLANK. CW didnt seem to show big fuss about this.
- Section 7.11, table left blank as didnt have any absences > 6 months
- Section 7.12 = India, Family ties
- Section 9A, B1, Qualification duration of study. Didnt remember exact dates, so just put From Month/Year, To Month/Year
- Section 12 = Signed by dependant, as the bank statement copies are on joint name with dependant. So consent from her to check any bank statements

Tips before application

- Prepare yourself well. ie, prepare for worst and expect the best always :D
- Some PEO are open on saturday and is quite relaxed on saturdays. Liverpool PEO was best, as staff are very friendly n relaxed and have an open plan office, so can see what CW are doing.
- Read through sticky bits in this forum and search for all PEO experiences & ask gurus/experts in doubt and be polite always :)
- I bought two folders from poundland for £1.I put all originals in one and photocopies in one. Cw was very pleased about this :) . Moreover my folder was in diff color (ie dark blue), So when my folder was moved between tables I could clearly see my folder as what process is currently in and what CW is checking in it :)
- Take photos for just 20p in correct format using your mobile and epassport.com. Simple steps and you could save a lot if applying in group and have peace of mind that they are of correct format in that website.
- Prepare for PEO by looking directions, ensure train tickets, take extra blank SET O form just in case if u want to correct something,extra money if u wanna take photo in any booth nearby just in case.
- Prepare for any questions CW might ask depending on ur case.

Documents submitted

I had 3 folders. One all originals, second all photocopies. Third I had extra docs, kept with myself, which had any extra docs that CW might ask just in case.

- Main applicant old passport,- Main applicant current passport,Dependant current passport
- Biometric card of main + dependant
- 2 passport size photographs taken recently of both, with full names written on back
- Filled Set O form
- Application Payment sheet (Total £2986 :shock: :shock: :( )
- Appointment confirmation email print out
- PBS calculator summary
- 12 months pay slips
- Employer letter detailing the same (and confirming authenticity of pay slips), confirming that earnings are in GBP (for UK experience)
- 12 months joint bank statement of me and dependant (has incoming salary of main applicant for 12 months - salary bits highlighted)

- Main applicant UK masters degree qualifications + academic transcripts (proves English language skills of main applicant)
- LIUK of main applicant + dependant
- GESE grade 5 Trinity college of London B1 speaking & listening certificate of dependant (Has dep's full name and candidate #)

- Cohabitation docs from council tax, bank statements, electoral cards, nhs blood donation, Credit cards, nhs letters spread over 2 years

- Cover letter explaining points and absences in each year. Had only a total of 90 days of absences in whole 5 years. None employment related, all personal. Reason put as family visit in all. Dependant had 0 absences.
- Photocopies of all the above except SET O form

PEO process
- My appointment was at 11:00. Went early just in case if there are any train delays due to bad weather.
09:25 - Enter the building, at gate they have airport style security checking. They give a token once done. This token is to check payments
- Initially payment sheet and appointment are checked. Once this is done ur case is ready for registration and a new token given.
- 10:20 . My token is called for case registration and all my docs requested. (I gave my blue folder)
- I can see my folder moving to the table for case registration.
- 10:40 - The office was like post office, open plan, CWs chit chatting, going for a coffee, joking about friday nights, usual office stuffs.There were 4 CW and 2 senior CW sitting at back. Out of the whole lot, one CW seem to be bit serious and right on job from the beginning. She was asking few questions with an applicant and seem to be not satisfied with his answer. He was showing something email copy scanned in his i phone to the CW. The CW seem to be not satisfied. The applicant was bit tensed, but he finally got granted. One other applicant case was rejected I believe and she went out the building crying.I was praying that the serious CW should not pick my case. You know what, right after finishing one case she went straight to the folder queue and picked my blue folder. My god I was thinking, why cant she go for a break, after finishing one case and have coffee, like others :shock: . But she seemed to be very sincere. I thought ok my fate is in her hands now and i started preparing.
- 10:45 CW checked my photos first. Then she started checking for my biometrics. CW can only start if our biometrics are done. But my biometric token was not called yet. CW was not too happy because my biometric details was not done yet. I was thinking, "Please chill out and go and have a coffee for god sake". :roll:
- 10:50 - we were called for biometric. Biometric given. Lady there taking biometric, told they have to record times for every application at each stage. So I guess they have some form of time recording and reviewing for customer service satisfaction thingy. So at their best CW and team are working to get u out of the building very soon. So dont believe they will want to look into unnecessary details like 5 year p60, absence letters and all, as long as u r within the limits.

- 10:55 - Handed over my biometric details + passport to CW so she can start her process. Was closely watching her and praying.
- She checked my photos first
- Then straight away went to section 9A to check my payslips. Calculated my total pay (was using mainly num key pads in her computer) :)
- I mentioned my absences in my cover letter. Just skimmed through it (ie quick 2 secs, not more than that) and kept aside. I was bit relieved at this point.
- checked my degree then. Was entering in system and waiting for response.
- Checked LIUK for both of us. Again entering in system and waiting for response.
- Dependent B1 speaking & listening certificate next. Entering n waiting.
- Just skimmed through cohab docs
11:40 - Surprise, surprise, surprise, :o :D . She was printing something, I believed its approval letter. Now she called us, and said those 3 magical words that would give us eternal happiness, "ILR is approved" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

She said biometric will arrive in 7-10 working days, could be before that. She asked us to check our docs and handed it back. At that time I was in all praise for my "serious CW" and started to like and admire her. Just when we turned back and taken few steps, there was a loud voice , "Excuse me" !!!!!!!!!!. She called us back. I was like, "what now??????" :x She said while entering in biometric card, place of birth she cant enter full place name in that field, as my place name was too long. (ie instead of XXX,YYY, she can only enter XXX). I said Im not too bothered about it and XXX is fine, put whatever u like there I dont mind :lol: :lol:

I left the building very soon then, before she would change her mind and call us back again :D :lol:

Conclusions

- If you have < 180 days absence in any single year, just mention it in your cover letter. No questions asked. Leave 6.3 blank confidently. (I had a detailed personal letter prepared and ready, kept with myself, just in case they asked)
- No need for 5 year p60 for Tier 1 G
- trinity college london B1 GESE grade 5 is acceptable
- While booking PEO, choose SET O --> Tier G (or Other), anything is fine as long as u pay right fees.
- CW know better about immi law than we expect and dont give too much fuss about unnecessary details as we fear. Staff are friendly, polite and professional and wanted to give best service in limited time.
- Prepare well with unique folders and take photocopy with u to make CW life easy.
- Many people r not aware of some PEOs opening on saturday. Its good on saturday and bit relaxed.

What a relief now. Thanks all of you. Any questions please ask and Im happy to help you out. Good luck with your process. :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks

hsr1972

Re: Liverpool PEO ILRTier1G+1Dep 23/08/14 Success!!!!

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am

Congratulations for your ILR ......so what you advise is they don't ask any evidence or employer letter if you are within 180 days in any of the year so it is not required? Second question is Sec 5.3 how to arrive a monthy figure is it Total Grass Salary of the Year Divided by 12 months ? Could you please share your covering letter template and absence letter template if you have ? Overall process how much time does it take ? Did you submitted Original degree Certificate or english medimum letter because you would have proved already in initial tier1 application ? Kindly respond to my query.

Thanks
hsr_72

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:49 am

- No letter required for absences in < 180 days in any single year
- 5.3 Total NET salary /12
- No absence letter provided. Just covering letter.

- Original UK degree certificate provided (to prove English skills)
- Overall process is 2 hrs 15 min

Cover letter is simple,

Date

To
UKBA Home office,
Liverpool PEO address

Hi Sir/Madam,

Re: Application for Indefinite leave to remain.

I , FULLNAME, applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) along with my dependant wife, FULLNAME for your careful and kind consideration. I am applying under the Tier 1 General,5 year route and my dependant on 2 year PBS dependant route (Pre July 2012 rule) Please find the list of following documents attached. I have also attached the photocopies of the same for your convenience.

-Doc 1
-Doc 2
-etc

Please note that my first Tier 1 General was granted on DD/MM/YYYY.

Please find the following list of my absences and reasons during my lats 5 year. I can confirm that none of my absences were greater than 180 days in any single year.

Year 1, Date left, Date returned, Total days absent, Reason for absence
Year 2, Date left, Date returned, Total days absent, Reason for absence
Year 3, Date left, Date returned, Total days absent, Reason for absence
Year 4, Date left, Date returned, Total days absent, Reason for absence
Year 5, Date left, Date returned, Total days absent, Reason for absence

I believe the above information are complete and true to the best of my knowledge. Please do let me know should you require any additional information. Thanks for your careful and kind consideration.

Your faithfully,

(signature)
(Full name)

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks arvind for sharing ur experience.I will be completing 2nd week of Jan 2015 5 years but i am planning to go 28 days before but my query is when you are calculating number of absence backward dates you will get number of days gap because of First Date of Entry to UK ? In this case should i consider the delayed start to UK as an absence or not ?

Could you please also advise which book need to refer for LIUK test? Kindly respond to my query ?

Thanks,
hsr_72

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am

hsr1972,

I am not too sure about initial gap for entry. For me its an incountry Tier 1 for initial stamp. So donno abt it.
I did LIUK 2 years before, old syllabus, so again my old materials not applicable for u. sorry.

Thanks

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:58 am

Ok thanks for your time and responding my query. One more last question with regarding to Cohab docs , If i give one or 2 letters in a year like council tax, utility bill or poll card is this fine ? Kindly respond to my query.

-hsr_72

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Utility bill and poll card are absolutely fine.

One cohab proof having both of ur names for every 4 months. (if it has single names then 2 proofs, one on each name)

So for 2 years (ie 24 months), there are 6 x 4 months. So you got to have

Year 1

- 1st 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]
- 2nd 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]
- 3rd 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]

Year 2

- 1st 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]
- 2nd 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]
- 3rd 4 months [ one proof with both names OR 2 proofs one for each of you ]

Dont try to give same type of proof each month.

For example, Year 1 1st 4 months I gave council tax, bank statement. Then for the 2nd 4 months gave NHS letter, utility bill. Then for 3rd 4 months gave Bank statement, poll card.

You can also submit HMRC letters, NHS prescriptions, phone bills, credit card statements, insurance policies. :)

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Hiya, Congratzzz
Please let me know what is Cohabitation docs, what is required for? I m going peo next month and just read ur doc submission get worried about Cohabitation docs.

Please tell me what is required for?

regards

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi tsadeel79,

If you are applying with a dependant wife, you have to prove that you both are living together for past 2 years, by showing some letters on both of ur names in same address. These are called cohabitation documents.

You dont have to worry about it if u dont have a dependant. Are you applying alone or with a dependant?

Cheers

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks
Yes with 1 dependent wife she is is on teir1 dependent came in 2010.
To prove this I planning marriage certificate and her some bank statememts. Is that enough?

We don't have any letter on both name. Plz advice!

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:27 am

Mate,

Marriage certificate is no use. I assume u already showed it to ukba while getting dep visa in 2010.

What u need is proof of living together in past 2 yrs.

Proofs have to be from various diff sources, like bank stmts, council tax, nhs letters, gas bill, water bill, electricity bill, HMRC, credit cards, insurance letters.

Need not be on joint names. Can be on single names.

Viewpoint

Post by Viewpoint » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi aravindb4u, congrats for your ILR and thanks for your detailed info in this forum.
Could you please clarify the Set(O) form questions?
1.If I filled different address in 1.18, then what to do in 1.19?
2.What I need to fill in the 5.6 table? (i.e Amount)

Thanks in advance.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:58 pm

1. Not sure about 1.19 (I think it only applies for people applying via an immigration adviser/solicitor, if you are applying by yourself then just leave it blank).

2. 5.6 is not applicable for Tier 1 General, so I left it blank.

Cheers

Viewpoint

Post by Viewpoint » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:33 pm

I apply myself at PEO office and I am a Tier1(G) as well.Thank you very for your reply.

kash790

Post by kash790 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 am

One quick question. Do I need to fill one SET (O) form ( for myself and 1 dependant)?

Thanks

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

Only one Set(O) form enough for both.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes just one form is enough

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 pm

arvindb4u .I have a query regarding the photocopy of Bank Statement, If i Provide only photocopy of the salary credit in the bank
statement is it sufficient ? or should i provide photocopy of all the pages of Bank Statement ? Kindly respond to my
query?

-hsr_72

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 am

I think you need photocopy of all statements.
However when i went PEO, the cw was surprised that i have provided photocopy. she didnt expect one.
It depends on cw. But in application form it is clearly mentioned that we have to provide photocopy of all evidences.
So I would go with complete set of photocopies. Better to be safe than sorry. :-)

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 am

Hello aravindb4u, which is the latest version of SET (O) form?

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi arpit.tayal,

I have applied a week back, not sure if Home office have released a new version. Better check in their website.

Ta

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Ok guys, BRP arrived today. Checked all my details are correct and photocopied BRP pages.
Cool, my journey is over.
Bye for now and good luck all of you :) Next stop British passport :)

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:30 pm

arpit.tayal wrote:Hello aravindb4u, which is the latest version of SET (O) form?

The latest version is,
SET(O)
Version 07/2014
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

aravindb4u wrote:Ok guys, BRP arrived today. Checked all my details are correct and photocopied BRP pages.
Cool, my journey is over.
Bye for now and good luck all of you :) Next stop British passport :)
Congrats aravindb4u.

kfazia
Newly Registered

PEO ILR Tier1G + 1Dep, Ltd Company Contractor::Approved

Post by kfazia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi

I referenced this forum while preparing for my ILR application and just thought I could provide some feedback that could benefit people whose cases are similar to mine.

I work as a Ltd company contractor and pay myself a mix of salary+dividends. My initial Tier 1 general was approved in Jan 2009 but my wife and I didnt land in the UK until Apr 2009. I also spent quite a bit of time out of the UK after the initial entry so had to do an extension last year to clear the 180 days hurdle.

2. Used a combination of personal and business bank statements, payslips and dividends generated by accountants and letter from accountants stating how much I've received in salary and div for the period in consideration
3. Utility bills, council tax bill and mortgage letter over 2 years for cohabitation
4. Life in the UK pass notification
5. Didnt include anything for qualification or English language proficiency as had proven those on previous applications. I did have my certs as well as the missus' in an "extra docs" folder I kept for exigencies anyway
6. Old and new passports as well as current BRP cards
7. Had loads of company docs in my extra docs folder - cert of incorp VAT reg cert, HMRC notifications for corp tax returns, invoices, remittance notes from customers, etc.
8. More spare docs to support co-habitation
9. Had SET(O) form, original docs, passports in one folder, copies of all docs in another folder, a spare set of SET(O) forms and extra docs in another folder
10. Case was registered at 1011 and got the approval letter at just about midday. Nothing more was asked for apart from what I submitted originally
11. On SET(O) form, listed all absences in the section required
12. Listed time spent in a Crown dependency in the section required
13. Listed time spent outside UK in following section, going back only to the day in 2009 which marked the start of my 5 year continuous stay in the UK
14. Left section asking for stays above 6mths blank

Really grateful to God that it was all hitch/complication and delay free.