ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cool mind

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by cool mind » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:33 pm

fielddrive wrote:
cool mind wrote:
fielddrive wrote:It looks like my credit card was charged today. The available balance has been reduced by £1093. :D

I was a bit worried my card may get declined and to be on the safe side I left a note with the card issuer to expect such a transaction. Lets see how long it takes for the charge to appear in my account
Hello field drive,
Did you written 16 digit with 4 digit then space order after each 4 digit or without space just written the 16 digit long number.
I wrote in this format:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Used dashes '-' to separate
Thanks but can we write the 16 long digit numbers continuous without space or dash.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:46 pm

cool mind wrote: Thanks but can we write the 16 long digit numbers continuous without space or dash.
Officially, bank card number format has always been separated with dashes in the old days or spaces more recently to make them legible. However, I do not see any reason why they'd not accept any one of the three ways, no space, space, dashes.

The third party guys who process payments probably come across many different types of formats during a course of a single day so they'd know all of them.

Hope this helps!

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes because in guidance note they only written that there must be one box blank when writing personal detail like name and address but nothing said about bank card.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm

fielddrive wrote:
cool mind wrote: Thanks but can we write the 16 long digit numbers continuous without space or dash.
Officially, bank card number format has always been separated with dashes in the old days or spaces more recently to make them legible. However, I do not see any reason why they'd not accept any one of the three ways, no space, space, dashes.

The third party guys who process payments probably come across many different types of formats during a course of a single day so they'd know all of them.

Hope this helps!
Hi Coolmind ,

Its Again you :P and its again me here to add comment on your question :lol:

i think i will also agree with Fielddrive

It doesn't make any difference as we all agreed that Home office is dealing with so many payments in day ....in essence they need money and they should know what is the use of long digit numbers AND how to deal with it provided the long digit number is correct ........hope this is not the first time you are applying for an extension of your visa 8) ....please don't take this comment hard take it easy :)

Btw when r u applying ?

All the best
Regards ,
S.Akaram

dessy33
Newly Registered

Post by dessy33 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I will appreciate if someone can kindly upload my details onto Google drive spread sheet please.

My details are as follow;

Application sent: 04/07/14
Acknowledgement received: 11/07/14
Biometric letter received: 21/07/14
Biometric enrolment : 22/07/14
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP:

Thanks

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:26 pm

@S.akaram
Thanks for reply. I will again repeat which you already know that sometime the question look silly but second opinion to confirm first is a wise act. Remember"two heads are better than one". I hope your spirit to answer here always be alive. Where shahjee is disappear :shock:

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi All ,

Congratulation to z33 and Mkrupani ,
Enjoy your freedom ,

Thanks for updating ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 pm

cool mind wrote:@S.akaram
Thanks for reply. I will again repeat which you already know that sometime the question look silly but second opinion to confirm first is a wise act. Remember"two heads are better than one". I hope your spirit to answer here always be alive. Where shahjee is disappear :shock:
Hi cool mind,
I am here, just a bit caught up at work. I am replying to PM's though, so still live and kicking.
I fully agree with you that some times the questions can sound a bit silly, and you say, come on you surely know the answer to that, but hay all of us have been there isn't it. I remember alot of kind people helped me , when I needed that help just to double check, and I still pray for them, that they spend their time and energy to answer my queries.
May the spirit of this forum be alive, and we shell keep helping each other.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

vimi wrote:Hi Vimi under which catergory u get ur ILR?

Option b2 is only available for your wife if u get ILR other than Long Residence as rules has changed from 6th April 2014 for dependent of ILR(Long Residence) applicant.

For FLR(M) you have to show income threshold.£18600 is for one dependent please check how much u need to show for 2 dependent.

Senior members correct me if i am wrong.

Kind Regards
Hello

Thank you for replying.

I got my ILR on LR route (10 yrs student). Now my hubby n kid visa expiring in oct but they will complete 10 years in dec. Im going to put FLR M then followed by Set LR. i was asking if i have to meet the income thres. ??? even its withing few weeks i will put Set LR.

Thanks again

Vimi[/quote]

Hi Vimi,
I fully agree with Nasir bahi regards to option b2.
It was a complete wrong advice by who ever gave that to you, don't know how members could be that irresponsible by giving completely wrong information out, we have been debating this issue for so long now, and members are still confused regards to the extension of stay for the Dependents of the SET(LR), from the 6th of April 2014, there are new rules and doesn't matter when the dependent has arrived in the country, they have to go through rules under Appendix FM, as Nasir bahi rightly pointed out the income trash hold applies, and the dependent have to wait for 5 years to apply for the ILR.
Anyways your case is simple, you just need to kill the time till their 10 years complete and than your husband can vary his application to that of SET(LR) and yes you have to pay two set of fees for that. Once you apply for SET(LR) you will get your money refunded for the FLR(M) if not you can chase the Home Office for that, and that is easily refunded. Where were your kids born, here or abroad ? as than you have to decide what is going to happen to them ??
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Malavan wrote:Dear friends,

I received my Ilr on Saturday and going to Liverpool for my mrs Flrm.
inshalah if everything goes well I have to apply for my 4 month old baby but im not sure can I apply for him British passport straight away or not?

Any advice please?
Hi Malavan,
All the best with your Mrs FLR(M), regards to your baby, if he is born in this country than you have to apply through MN1 for his registration as a British citizen.
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi Shahjee,

Sent you a pm regarding my query on FLR(M).

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:34 pm

gondal777 wrote:specially shah jee plz help me and call on my number 07872334339
Hi Gondal bahi,
Firstly I am really sorry to have make you wait so much for your query, I was seriously caught up at work, you see one has to work to survive :lol:
Regards to your query, it is looking good for your Mrs, as you have done all the right things by applying before the April 2014 rule change, and hence she has a 2 years FLR(M) visa. And she was a PBS dependent prior to July 2012, hence covered by the transitional arrangements in place.
The only question that is bugging me is that has she spend enough time in the country to qualify for the ILR through SET(M), so I would suggest keep an open mind but stay positive, I am pretty sure she qualifies for ILR through SET(M), as she was a PBS dependent prior to July 2012, hence qualifying period to get ILR for her is 2 years, and she has already spend 2 years in the country as PBS dependent.
So I will strongly suggestion not to send it through post, ideal scenario is if you can book a PEO appointment and at least you get a face to face hearing, and you have the opportunity to explain your case in a better way. You don't need any covering letter for the PEO appointment.
I wish you and your Mrs all the best, my prayers be with you.
Kind regrads
Shahjee

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi guys,
By the grace of Almighty Allah
I have received my docs today
My timeline is as follows:-
Applied on 28/04
Acknowledgement 30/04
Bio.inv 16/05
Bio enrolled 19/05
Approval 26/08
Documents recd 27/08
BRP waiting
I came in to this country on 18th of May 2004.
My case was straight forward as student until august 2011 and then student visa extension refused without the right of appeal. I went for Judicial review and won the case in December 2012. Home office gave extension for 2 months applied again and got student visa till 31 December 2014.
I have applied on 28th of April almost 18 days earlier to my 10 years. Also I have posted a special delivery next day envelope with my application.

I was a silent reader of this board but everyone is very helpfull.
I am asking from members that I have recieved just a letter stating that I will receive my Brp in 10 days but it is nothing saying about approval of visa or anything else.
is this the letter everyone received before getting their Brp?
Thanks
Muhammad

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi Vimi,
I fully agree with Nasir bahi regards to option b2.
It was a complete wrong advice by who ever gave that to you, don't know how members could be that irresponsible by giving completely wrong information out, we have been debating this issue for so long now, and members are still confused regards to the extension of stay for the Dependents of the SET(LR), from the 6th of April 2014, there are new rules and doesn't matter when the dependent has arrived in the country, they have to go through rules under Appendix FM, as Nasir bahi rightly pointed out the income trash hold applies, and the dependent have to wait for 5 years to apply for the ILR.
Anyways your case is simple, you just need to kill the time till their 10 years complete and than your husband can vary his application to that of SET(LR) and yes you have to pay two set of fees for that. Once you apply for SET(LR) you will get your money refunded for the FLR(M) if not you can chase the Home Office for that, and that is easily refunded. Where were your kids born, here or abroad ? as than you have to decide what is going to happen to them ??
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

@shahjee

Thank you bro for replying. I am still a bit confuse on the point of appendix fm. In my case r u saying that my hubby and kid who isn't born in the UK should send the flr m then LR ??? Because as u mentioned to kill time, so that means I send an extension in the form set m then when they complete 10 years which will be after 2 weeks . So it comes back to my first question again whilst I apply on set m do I have to meet the income thresh. Sorry if I sound confuse .. I really am on this.

Thanks again

Vim I

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:19 pm

muhammad51272 wrote:Hi guys,
Applied on 28/04
Acknowledgement 30/04
Bio.inv 16/05
Bio enrolled 19/05
Approval 26/08
Documents recd 27/08
BRP waiting
My case was straight forward as student until august 2011 and then student visa extension refused without the right of appeal. I went for Judicial review and won the case in December 2012. Home office gave extension for 2 months applied again and got student visa till 31 December 2014.
I have applied on 28th of April almost 18 days earlier to my 10 years. Also I have posted a special delivery next day envelope with my application.

I am asking from members that I have recieved just a letter stating that I will receive my Brp in 10 days but it is nothing saying about approval of visa or anything else.
Thanks
Muhammad
Please can anyone answer?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm

muhammad51272 wrote:
Applied on 28/04
Acknowledgement 30/04
Bio.inv 16/05
Bio enrolled 19/05
Approval 26/08
Documents recd 27/08
BRP waiting

Thanks
Muhammad
Congratulation brother on this achievement. This is a usual process and everyone gets the similar letter. This means your application has been approved and you should get your BRP in the next few days.
Could you please tell us how long did you have to wait for your appeal process. Your case looks similar to mine and I am going to apply my SET ILR application on 10th Sept.I have got refusal on my Tier 1 general application back in 2010 and was awaiting for my appeal for 8 months and eventually my appeal was allowed.

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks arsal for your reply
My case was refused in September 2011 and then I have applied for Judicial review and it took almost 15 months from the right of JR to oral hearing which has 2 oral hearings after which High Court judge allow my case and ordered home office to consider my application from the date I have applied so there isn't any breaks in my 10 years.
If you want any other information don't hesitate to ask me.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 pm

thanks Shahgee for guidance for my friend...
Kind regards

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

hi Gurus
I am living in UK for Past 10 Years and applying for ILR this week. I got few questions about SET LR form.

(1) I am submitting following Documents;
passports, BRP, Life In UK Test Certificate, University Certificate (English Language).
Apart of these, Do I need to send any other documents?

(2) Section 5- As I am not sending any Bank statement or any utility bill, Do I need to sign consent Form Page 22.

Thank you
AngelStha

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
muhammad51272 wrote:
Applied on 28/04
Acknowledgement 30/04
Bio.inv 16/05
Bio enrolled 19/05
Approval 26/08
Documents recd 27/08
BRP waiting

Thanks
Muhammad
Congratulation brother on this achievement. This is a usual process and everyone gets the similar letter. This means your application has been approved and you should get your BRP in the next few days.
Could you please tell us how long did you have to wait for your appeal process. Your case looks similar to mine and I am going to apply my SET ILR application on 10th Sept.I have got refusal on my Tier 1 general application back in 2010 and was awaiting for my appeal for 8 months and eventually my appeal was allowed.
Waiting for senior members who got their ILR, for answer about BRP letter that if they have received the same?
Regards

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 am

muhammad51272 wrote:Thanks arsal for your reply
My case was refused in September 2011 and then I have applied for Judicial review and it took almost 15 months from the right of JR to oral hearing which has 2 oral hearings after which High Court judge allow my case and ordered home office to consider my application from the date I have applied so there isn't any breaks in my 10 years.
salam brother muhammad
was ur case refused due to payment issue if not what was the issue, and did u write any supporting letter or did u sent it through the solicitor.
thanks a lot for ur advice in advance

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 am

Bigboy86 wrote:
muhammad51272 wrote:Thanks arsal for your reply
salam brother muhammad
was ur case refused due to payment issue if not what was the issue, and did u write any supporting letter or did u sent it through the solicitor.
thanks a lot for ur advice in advance
wasalaam bigboy

Actually my case was a bit tricky and that trick was played from my side on behalf of my solicitor.
When I was due to apply my student visa extension on last day of my visa every college refused to give me CAS letter because of not having an english certificate even having a postgraduate level 7 diploma.
It was the last day of my visa so my solicitor advised me to send the application form without filling the college details and write a covering letter that missing documents to follow.
I did the same because I have no choice and I didn't want to be overstayer.
Anyway done the b2 in 2 days and arranged a CAS letter from a college, send all documents in 20 days to the home office.
Home office invalid my visa after 1 month and 4 days even having all the documents with them before the decision.
I applied again on the same day but got the refusal with removal directions.
So we went to the High court and based the "acknowledgement letter" which was saying "case worker will contact you for missing documents if any" which he doesn't and refused my application even having all documents in hand before refusals.
It take a long time to win this battle.
but in my case judge gave directions to secretary of state that it should be included immediately in rules that any person who is applying for his visa extension and for any reason if he has missed his last day of visa he should have 28 days to apply after visa expiry on exceptional circumstances so this rule added to immigration rules after my case.
this was my story.
Anything else feel free to ask.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:02 am

Hello Shahjee,
Thanks very much for taking time to help me with my question regarding SET(LR) form. Honestly, after discussing matter with I am more confident about the whole process. I have no gaps at all in my visa ( always applied before expiry date. However, I have requested for SAR after reading on this forum just to be on safe side. But regards to the question D14 ( Second or third lines) below;

D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.

Do I need to write that I do not hold any other country Nationality AND
I have not lived in any other country for more than 5 Years ( not counting UK i guess) in the D14 2nd and 3rd line. Just want to ensure that I am answering the question in the right way. You said you have filled this section for your MRS form so is it the right way( above) to answer the questions? Please kindly advise.

Also, can I apply for my MRS at the same time or should I wait till I get my ILR? Need advise.

Thanks very much for your all help and support. God bless you my Brother.

Kind Regards
Bharat

KASHER
Newly Registered

Just Got Documents Back

Post by KASHER » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.

fielddrive

Re: Just Got Documents Back

Post by fielddrive » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 am

KASHER wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.
congrats @KASHER

please share your timeline