ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa refusal need urgent help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarah1122
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa refusal need urgent help

Post by sarah1122 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 am

Hello,

Recently my and my husband's tier 4 student visa has been refused. The reason that the UK visa and immigration department has provided for refusal is as follows:

"You have provided bank statements in your husband's name and therefore you have not met the requirements of paragraph 13 of Appendix C of the immigratiom rules. You have therefore not achieved 10 points under paragraph 10 to 14 of Appendix C and do not meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under tier 4 (general student). I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the immigration rules."

Although I had provided relevant bank statement from my father, as my parents are the sole sponsors of my study and stay in UK along with their affidavit clearly stating that they would sponsor all the expenses during my stay and birth certificate as an evidence of my relation to my parents. Funds shown were in excess to the requirement.

My Husband would be travelling with me as a dependent and he had also shown his personal bank statement showing sufficient funds to support his stay.

My sole sponsors for my studies and stay are my parents not my husband, which I believe has been misunderstood by the visa and immigration department.

I am very worried as my classes would start in Septemer. Kindly advise what should be done next, so that I may get a visa and fly at my earliest.

riz1986

Re: Tier 4 visa refusal need urgent help

Post by riz1986 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:28 am

just go for admin review and u shld be okay .

sarah1122
Newly Registered

Post by sarah1122 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am

riz1986 wrote:just go for admin review and u shld be okay .
Thank you for your reply. Officially 28 days are required for Admin review. I do not have that much time and have to fly as early as possible.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:02 am

You either wait for the admin review or you get another CAS and apply again. There are no other options.
If are applying again submit an explanatory letter making clear who is your sponsor for funds etc.
One question - does the letter from your father state he is supporting you both and is there the funds for that in the account?

sarah1122
Newly Registered

Post by sarah1122 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You either wait for the admin review or you get another CAS and apply again. There are no other options.
If are applying again submit an explanatory letter making clear who is your sponsor for funds etc.
One question - does the letter from your father state he is supporting you both and is there the funds for that in the account?
yes there is a letter from my father with his bank statement showing enough funds and my husband has shown his statement showing enough funds for his living expenses only.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 am

If you are relying on a mixture of funding from husbands account and father then I can see why you were refused.
You are going to struggle to get a visa for your husband as you can not demonstrate you have enough money in your own right to pay for your own funding hence your fathers letter /funding. To then expect to bring your husband in based on your minor funds is stretching it.
If your father has the funds in his account to cover both of you that would have been fine, as it is now I don't see a positive outcome even with with the administrative review.
Good luck.

sarah1122
Newly Registered

Post by sarah1122 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 am

Frontier Mole wrote:If you are relying on a mixture of funding from husbands account and father then I can see why you were refused.
You are going to struggle to get a visa for your husband as you can not demonstrate you have enough money in your own right to pay for your own funding hence your fathers letter /funding. To then expect to bring your husband in based on your minor funds is stretching it.
If your father has the funds in his account to cover both of you that would have been fine, as it is now I don't see a positive outcome even with with the administrative review.
Good luck.
Then they should have mentioned the reason. The reason they gave as I statement in my first post 'You have provided bank statements in your husband's name and therefore you have not met the requirements.....'

Focus on the word 'statements in your husbands name' statements is plural. My husband only gave only statement for himself and my father gave his for me. To me seems like they haven't seen my fathers statement at all.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 am

While I agree with your thinking and on the strict wording of the letter it would appear that would be the case. I think when it is reviewed the issue of how your husband is funded will be the issue.
Funding you via your parents but them not funding you both is an unusual position. Hence even with the admin review even accepting your points above I believe you will struggle with getting a visa.

sarah1122
Newly Registered

Post by sarah1122 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 am

Frontier Mole wrote:While I agree with your thinking and on the strict wording of the letter it would appear that would be the case. I think when it is reviewed the issue of how your husband is funded will be the issue.
Funding you via your parents but them not funding you both is an unusual position. Hence even with the admin review even accepting your points above I believe you will struggle with getting a visa.
Thank you for your post. But you see in the policies/rules person can either pay for himself or his parents or guardian can bear the expenses. If my father shows funds for my husband, he is not his direct parent therefore my husband showed his bank statement.

If you have seen anything in written please let me know the link or attach here.