ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext Rejected, Appeal Allowed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherazahmed
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Ext Rejected, Appeal Allowed

Post by sherazahmed » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

I applied for Tier 1 General Ext in June 2014 and rejected as i did not sent Class 2 National Insurance document with application. There was no direct debit from my bank account for Class 2 National Insurance as well.

Now i have applied for appeal and got a hearing date for early March next year. I have received Class 2 National Insurance document from HMRC and even paid that fee. What i want to know can I produce that new document at hearing time as that was not included in original application ? Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Ext Rejected, Appeal Allowed

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:04 am

sherazahmed wrote:Hi Everyone,

I applied for Tier 1 General Ext in June 2014 and rejected as i did not sent Class 2 National Insurance document with application. There was no direct debit from my bank account for Class 2 National Insurance as well.

Now i have applied for appeal and got a hearing date for early March next year. I have received Class 2 National Insurance document from HMRC and even paid that fee. What i want to know can I produce that new document at hearing time as that was not included in original application ? Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Can i ask why you were asked to show Class 2 National Insurance?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Katy22
Newly Registered

Post by Katy22 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:59 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:

Many Thanks
The OP was probably self employed and responsible for paying his NICs. Were you paying national insurance at the time of the application and omitted to include the evidence? Do you still have leave remaining on your visa because if you do you can reapply with the evidence of payment. I don't know if you will be allowed to include new evidence on appeal but I think so. Maybe a senior member will give a more accurate response.

shiraz9212
Newly Registered

Post by shiraz9212 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:02 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:

Many Thanks
Being self employed I need to show that i was paying NI for earnings.

shiraz9212
Newly Registered

Post by shiraz9212 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Katy22 wrote:
UKBALoveStory wrote:

Many Thanks
The OP was probably self employed and responsible for paying his NICs. Were you paying national insurance at the time of the application and omitted to include the evidence? Do you still have leave remaining on your visa because if you do you can reapply with the evidence of payment. I don't know if you will be allowed to include new evidence on appeal but I think so. Maybe a senior member will give a more accurate response.

At the time of application I did not receive any letter or istructions from HMRC to pay NI. They sent me a letter but was not delivered to my address. After receving rejection, I called HMRC again and asked for Class 2 NI latter, they sent to me and I have paid the required amount as well. According to HMRC they issue Class 2 NI latter after 6 months of registeration and payments are normally due with Tax Return, in my cas January 2015. My Visa has already expired.

Court has given me march 2015 hearing date and asked to send documents within 3 weeks, that i have already sent. Documents included are Class 2 NI payment latter and Tax Return.