ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My mom has been refused family visit visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bayissi
Newly Registered

My mom has been refused family visit visa

Post by bayissi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello my name is Bayissi and I work in London for 4 years. I am French and my mother is Gabonese (center Africa). My son is born last April 2014 and I wanted my mom to come and meet her but her visa has been refused. She works in Gabon, provided her payslips, working agreement (she's been working in the same company for 30 years). She provided her properties documents... the decision explained that I did not have enough resources to welcome her in London. I am in maternity leave so I provided the document as long as my proof of address and only one bank statement on which I didn't have that much money left. But i am wondering how come they can assess my resources based on one bank statement????
Can I make an appeal? Or should my mum apply again?
She will travel to France in few days (as every summer, as my little brothers live there), should she apply from France?
Thank you so much for your help, I am so confused...She provided all documents supporting her resources so I don't understand how they can refuse the entry by saying I don't have enough resources to receive her?

O_Relly

Re: My mom has been refused family visit visa

Post by O_Relly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:15 pm

If your mum had claimed in her application form that you would be paying for the cost incurred during her stay, then it is the applicants responsibility to convince the ukvi that sufficient funds are available.

...and atleast last 6 months banks stmts with a reasonable balance is good to provide (Unless your mum is claiming that she will sponsor her entire trip herself)

An appeal should be viable, if you are able to show savings that are accessible to fund your moms stay.
Cheers,
OR

bayissi
Newly Registered

Post by bayissi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 am

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

This is the strange point because my mother doesn't need any sponsorship an we did not mention any of it. She provided all proof of her resources and funds and they said it is ok. But not for me...

An appeal it supposed to last at least 28 days. And the sect they gave on the letter specifies that we can ask for an administration review or an appeal to the tribunal...

Which kind of appeal can I do?

Thank you for your help

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:05 pm

That appears like a mistake, if you mum had claimed that she would be sponsoring her own trip and had provided all proof, and that your bank stmt, was only to provide accommodation proof, then appears clearly they are in the wrong.

Sure looks like you can appeal the decision, by explaining this. I do not know if an appeal, or administrative review is a better option. Let's wait until a moderator or someone else with the right knowledge to provide the correct answer.

Good Luck.
Cheers,
OR

bayissi
Newly Registered

Post by bayissi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:53 am

Thank you for all your advices.

We will make an appeal from Paris where my mum will start her holidays. I will provide my payslips and bank statements even though I am not sponsoring her.

Thank you so much