ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! COLLEGE REVOKED! Query reg eng test, funds, progress

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neelamparvar
Newly Registered

URGENT! COLLEGE REVOKED! Query reg eng test, funds, progress

Post by neelamparvar » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi All!

The college which I was attending got suspended in July and revoked this week. As I have 60 days to switch over to a different course I have following queries and will be grateful if you clarify regarding it:-

1. I cleared PTE (pearson test of english) academic and IELTS both last year in April. It has validity till April next year (2 year period). I want to know with validity of this test still there will I still be expected to clear a fresh english test inspite of these two been valid?

2. I entered UK in end of december last year (2013). I have stayed in UK for more than 6 months. Now I believe one has to either show 2 months maintanence funds if they have established presence or 9 months if no presence. How does this apply to students whose visa got curtailed? Will I be expected to show 2 months money as I have stayed more than 180 days or will I be expected to show 9 months money as my visa has got curtailed?

3. The course I attended was related to management. I have attended classes regularly without taking any leave. My exams are scheduled to take place next week and results will come after 3 months (that is after end date of my 60 days curtailment). At present I have no proof of progress and only proof of progress possible if my exam results come which is 3 months from now. In a situation like this will any college provide admission rather are they allowed to do so by UKBA (in the sense make an exemption for the student as for no fault of theirs the visa got curtailed and on sympathetic grounds are allowed to join college without progress) or will colleges just simply ignore any academic progress done in UK (as college got revoked) and instead chose to see what I did before coming to UK and if yes will they insist on viewing original documents or will scanned copies be sufficient?

Any replies will be highly appreciated.

searoze

Re: URGENT! COLLEGE REVOKED! Query reg eng test, funds, prog

Post by searoze » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:56 pm

1. I cleared PTE (pearson test of english) academic and IELTS both last year in April. It has validity till April next year (2 year period). I want to know with validity of this test still there will I still be expected to clear a fresh english test inspite of these two been valid?
You dont need fresh English Language Test if previous one is valid at time of admission.
2. I entered UK in end of december last year (2013). I have stayed in UK for more than 6 months. Now I believe one has to either show 2 months maintanence funds if they have established presence or 9 months if no presence. How does this apply to students whose visa got curtailed? Will I be expected to show 2 months money as I have stayed more than 180 days or will I be expected to show 9 months money as my visa has got curtailed?
Yes, you have established presence as student so you need to have only 2 months plus uni fee.
3. The course I attended was related to management. I have attended classes regularly without taking any leave. My exams are scheduled to take place next week and results will come after 3 months (that is after end date of my 60 days curtailment). At present I have no proof of progress and only proof of progress possible if my exam results come which is 3 months from now. In a situation like this will any college provide admission rather are they allowed to do so by UKBA (in the sense make an exemption for the student as for no fault of theirs the visa got curtailed and on sympathetic grounds are allowed to join college without progress) or will colleges just simply ignore any academic progress done in UK (as college got revoked) and instead chose to see what I did before coming to UK and if yes will they insist on viewing original documents or will scanned copies be sufficient?
Have you received your 60 days letter ? If yes then you should try for new admission ASAP. If not then your 60 days start from the day you receive letter from HO.
Apply in different uni's, every uni has their own policy about admissions. You surely will get admission. DO NOT consider any private college again.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong