ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National moving to Slovakia with Indian Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manpreet Singh
Newly Registered

British National moving to Slovakia with Indian Spouse

Post by Manpreet Singh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:41 am

Hello all,
I am a British National and my husband is an Indian National and at this moment we are both living together in India and we have been married from last 2 years.We want to move to Slovakia on the basis of EU directive for the free movement of EU nationals and their Non-EU family members.I have already sent an email to the Slovak embassy New Delhi and they are asking my husband our marriage certificate,tickets to Slovakia, Accommodation proof.This is in fact the excessive documents which I thought my husband should not provide as spouse of British National.As we have a family in Slovakia so they can send us an invitation letter and accommodation proofs as well.

So I need to ask for you that which visa he should apply?Entry visa or schenegen visa?and what are his chances of getting visa and does previous UK refusal will have any effects on this application? Waiting for your timely reply.Thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:04 pm

The requirements for a visa in the circumstances you describe are very simple.

Applicant's passport.
Evidence of relationship to EU citizen.
Evidence of EU citizen's nationality.

Manpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Manpreet Singh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks for your timely reply.but I would like to know that do we have to appostille our Indian marriage certificate from India as our marriage took place in India or from UK.Also is it compulsory to get it translated into Slovak language before submitting it to the slovak embassy new Delhi. Slovak embassy is also asking for tickets to Slovakia and invitation from family members as we have our family in Slovakia but as per eu directive we don't need to show this but they are still asking.also can you tell us that Will my husband's previous UK visa refusal will have any negative impact on this application.Thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Depending on the EU country, they may ask for marriage certificates to be translated, apostolised or legalised. You will need to find this out for yourself.

They may request evidence that you plan to travel together (a statement of fact should be enough). Previous refusals should not affect the application.

Manpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Manpreet Singh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks for your reply.Your reply was really helpful to us.We had called Slovak embassy and they said that we have to appostille our marriage certificate for sure from India as our marriage took place in India but in this immigration board I read somewhere that embassies can ask to appostille marriage certificate from uk as well. Is it true or appostille from India will be enough.please share your valuable experience with us. Also Slovak embassy is asking for my bank statements and financial docs,tickets,invitation and accommodation proofs from relatives as we have relatives in Slovak who are ready to send us invitation letter.can embassy ask these many documents from spouse of eu national as it doesnot say like this in the directive.waiting for your reply.thanks in advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 pm

The requirements for appostillisation of certificates vary between member states. Therefore, you will need to find out the exact Slovak requirements.

For your first three months you can reside in another EU state without any conditions (other than a valid passport). Therefore no financial information can be required.

Manpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Manpreet Singh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 am

Thanks for your reply.so do u mean my spouse(Indian national) does not have to show any pay slips or financial documents to get slovakian entry visa as spouse of eu national.If yes then he can leave that section empty on the schnegen visa form and what if embassy still ask for it.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Manpreet Singh wrote:Thanks for your reply.so do u mean my spouse(Indian national) does not have to show any pay slips or financial documents to get slovakian entry visa as spouse of eu national.If yes then he can leave that section empty on the schnegen visa form and what if embassy still ask for it.
The visa form ought to distinguish between normal applicants and EU family members. You don't need to provide financial information.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Just apply for a normal short term schengen visa.

deogan
Newly Registered

Re: British National moving to Slovakia with Indian Spouse

Post by deogan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 am

hi all

I lost my last user name and password so sending this reply from new id.I made this query about moving to slovakia with my british wife and i have finally got the schengen visa from austrian embassy from 09/09/2014 to 10/12/2014.it is a multi purpose visa with number of days allowed are 20.

I have few queries regarding this listed below:-

1) we will be staying in austria for a day only and then we will come to slovakia and need to know can me and my wife get ourself registered as soon as we arrive in slovakia and can we apply for the residence permit.

2) can we both make a joint application for residence permit or it has to be a seperate application

3) do i have to come back to india and apply for the residence permit or i can apply while i be in slovakia for 20 days

4) how long i am allowed to stay in slovkia as spouse of british eu national,for 20 days as the visa suggests or 90 days as being the spouse of eu.

5) what are the documents required for non eu national to get the residence permit in slovakia.

please give me your value able suggestion as i be travelling soon there.

thanks in advance

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 pm

If you plan to move eventually to the UK, then your British spouse will need to work. You will need to apply for a Residence Card and will need to keep all evidence that your wife is working.

deogan
Newly Registered

Post by deogan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks for your reply.

But right now I am more concerned about how to get the residence card in slovakia as I have only 20 days to stay there as the entry visa suggests.

Please can someone reply to my above mentioned queries regarding my stay in slovakia as eu spouse.

Thanks in advance.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 pm

If you are there in Solvenia with your EU citizen spouse, then you can safely ignore the duration of the visa. It is only an entry visa, and is not relevant for your subsequent stay.

easy_rider
Newly Registered

Post by easy_rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:32 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:For your first three months you can reside in another EU state without any conditions (other than a valid passport). Therefore no financial information can be required.
Is this also possible if EU citizen apply for residence card for himself/herself and family member in first three months? Do we still have to prove any bank account, insurance or work contract for getting a residence card?

deogan
Newly Registered

Post by deogan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So does it mean that i can stay longer legally in Slovakia for longer and get the residence card as i don't want to overstay my schenegan visa,so please suggest me accordingly and the chance i have to stay there legally.

Thanks in advance

easy_rider
Newly Registered

Post by easy_rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 pm

deogan wrote:Thanks for your reply.

But right now I am more concerned about how to get the residence card in slovakia as I have only 20 days to stay there as the entry visa suggests.

Please can someone reply to my above mentioned queries regarding my stay in slovakia as eu spouse.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Deogan,

I am almost in the same position with you. I am trying to get an clear info before moving to EU state with my EU citizen wife.

As EUsmileWEallsmile mentioned in his post that you can stay freely with your EU citizen family member in other EU state for 3 months. Do not bother yourself with your schengen visa if you will apply in these 3 month duration for residence card.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:07 pm

The visa may be needed for travel to an EU member, depending on the citizenship of the family member. The Residence Card is applied for once you arrive and the EU citizen is either working or self-sufficient

deogan
Newly Registered

Post by deogan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks all for your value able suggestions.

If some one one has any more information to share about the process and stay in EU with the EU family member then please share as I will be in this process soon from next week to be precise.The most concerning thing i have right now is that i do not want to overstay my schenegen visa so please share the info you have.

Thanks people for sharing your thoughts.

Very much appreciated.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 pm

It is not possible for you to overstay your Schengen visa. The visa is only for crossing the border.

easy_rider
Newly Registered

Post by easy_rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Registering your non-EU family members in another EU country
During their first 3 months in your host country, your family members who are not EU nationals cannot be required to apply for a residence card confirming their right to live there - although in some countries they may have to report their presence upon arrival.

After 3 months in your host country, your non-EU family members must register their residence with the relevant authorities (often the town hall or local police station).

To obtain a residence card, they will need:

a valid passport
your registration certificate as an EU national or any other proof of your residence in the country
proof of the family relationship with you (such as a marriage or birth certificate)
for (grand)children, proof they are under 21 or dependent on you
for (grand)parents, proof that they are dependent on you
for other family members, proof that they are dependent on you or there are serious health ground requiring you to take personal care of them
for unmarried partners, proof of a long-term or durable relationship with you
No other documents may be requested.

The authorities should make their decision to issue a residence card or not within 6 months. If they do not do so, you can call on our assistance services. In any case, your non-EU family members cannot be expelled if their visa expired while their application is being processed.

If their application is rejected, the authorities must give them the decision in writing, stating the grounds for the decision and its implications, and specifying how your relatives/partner can appeal and by when.

If their application is accepted, the residence card will often be issued free of charge. If fees are charged, they may not be more than those charged to nationals for similar documents, such as identity cards.

The document should clearly state that it is the residence card of an EU national family member.

The residence card should be valid for 5 years (or for your planned length of stay, if shorter). Any change of address may need to be reported to the authorities.
Deogan, I copied this informations from official website of the EU. If you would like to check it you can find it here: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm

As I mentioned before I am also trying to get clear information before moving to EU. If I get more info, I will share it with you or you can check my topic.

Good luck.

deogan
Newly Registered

Post by deogan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks people

The info u have provided is very helpful. Will let u know how things work out when i be in slovakia

Thanks again n keep sharing

easy_rider
Newly Registered

Post by easy_rider » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:48 am

I wish you a luck in your new home/country. I hope things will be easy and ok for you.

I would appreciate if you can keep inform us about the application process. I need to know that.

Best regards.