ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YMS to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mhib
New Zealand

YMS to Tier 2

Post by mhib » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:06 am

Hi, Just a background, I am currently on a YMS visa and my current employer is keen to keep me in after my visa expires. The advise they received was that they have to run an RLMT, give me a CoS (restricted) and then I will have to apply for visa from my home country.

Can anyone advise on the odds of the process being successful? The company has already started the RLMT as my job is not within the shortage list.

Can anyone advise on the odds of the process being successful, also can anyone break down the process. One issue I do not understand is when will the government (if ever) review the RLMT. Will I be rejected if they were not satisfied with it? and will that happen at the CoS stage or at the Visa application stage?

The last think i want is to go all the way back home, and then have my visa rejected.

Please help, and thanks so much

mhib
New Zealand

Re: YMS to Tier 2

Post by mhib » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi All, any ideas or suggestions

gajang
Newly Registered

Post by gajang » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 am

Hi. I am in same situation, and recently received my restricted CoS, after RMLT. About to apply for the Tier 2 visa in my home country (Aust).

As long as everything is legit, it should be fine - I have 2 friends have have changed from Tier 5 YMS to Tier 2, with the same employer.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 pm

The biggest issue is in relation to the fairnes and openess of the RLMT. This will be tested fully when your sponsor gets visted at some point in the future.
That assumes your current employer is currently licenced. If they have to apply for a licence first your chances of success will deminish greatly.
The number of sponsors that get issues after appointing YMS to tier2 is fairly high especially in the small to medium businesses just because they rarely understand or understand the degree of scrutiny they are subject to in these circumstances.
As long as the RLMT is bomb proof then there will be no issues. Pre selection is the biggest pitfall and unless there is not one single suitable candidate in the UK there is always a question about pre selection.
It is the sponsor who takes the initial risk but if they lose their licence due to gerrymandering the RLMT you can lose out to.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 am

Hi, The company I work for is a large company which is a registered sponsor. Running the RLMT they did manage to get myself and a couple of UK based applicants. Due to high work load they intend to hire all. Not sure if this is acceptable though. The biggest issue is that I not sure if their HR understand the process very well.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:05 am

If they recruited all the suitable candidates in the Uk plus you there can not be an issue. If is the cae your 100% safe.
If they did not recruit one suitable UK in favour of you then there is a problem.
Will it get picked up in the future, there is no telling.....

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks alot