ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after ILR PEO appointment for work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mal85
Newly Registered

Travel after ILR PEO appointment for work

Post by Mal85 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello there,
I know several questions around this has been asked around here but i wanted to be absolutely clear given my scenario.

Basically, my husband and i are applying for ILR together on 6th Oct at the PEO office. The same evening / next morning i am due to fly to the US got a global conference with my office colleagues for 4 days. Now, i know that we are not meant to plan any travel without receiving the BRP (which is meant to come in within the following 10 days?) however i am a Singapore citizen meaning i dont actually need a visa to enter the UK for up to 6 months (but can't work and stuff..) The only point where i can see myself having problems is at the UK immigration at point of return when i say i have ILR but no substantial proof for this.

The global conference is something i really do not want to miss as much as the ILR application means to us - Will my work trip be considered an 'urgent travel' reason?

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can work around this?
Really appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Mal

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Travel after ILR PEO appointment for work

Post by iworker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:37 am

have u thought about extending your same day appointment till you come back.
Since the fees are now same weather or not u apply with your partner, i would say if you still have a visa, why not apply once u are back.