ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 interview in country extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chexgold
Newly Registered

Tier 4 interview in country extension

Post by chexgold » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Hey Mole and Vaishali,
Thanks for your discussions.
I am stuck in the same situation, where I have completed my masters, followed by PSW March 2012 - expired on 4th April 2014, applied for switching category Tier 4 general on 1st April 2014 ACCA - BPP University.
Today received a letter for an interview on 11th September.
I think Vaishali you must have attended the interview by now and got the Visa.
Mole, I got a question for you.
1. I showed the required funds for 28 days before the time of application - (before 1st April 2014) - now i have around £5000 left as I spent other money- would there be a question about maintenance or currently available funds?
2. As you said everyone is not called for an interview
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -gsr-sty02
this is new link and updated rule ? or not everyone gets an interview?
3. I have been in the UK for nearly 9 years now - which excludes my study visa period of 2 years so far doing Masters from the university of greenwich
4. I will be eligible for ILR in next year August if I get the visa
5. I have all the up to date record of being genuine student and BPP is listed as premium sponsor in the list.
Please reply

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 interview in country extension

Post by bruteforce » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:41 pm

3. I have been in the UK for nearly 9 years now - which excludes my study visa period of 2 years so far doing Masters from the university of greenwich
Why are you not including the above mentioned 2 years in your long stay? You may well be eligible for ILR if you include those 2 years, provided the gap is within the allowed limit.

razwan
Newly Registered

Post by razwan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:57 am

Hi please can you tell how you have been informed about regarding your interview date and location i m worried i just letter saying interview required not mention any
date.

Please reply

Thanks

chexgold
Newly Registered

Post by chexgold » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:36 am

bruteforce wrote:
Why are you not including the above mentioned 2 years in your long stay? You may well be eligible for ILR if you include those 2 years, provided the gap is within the allowed limit.[/quotIe]
My apologies, its typo- i was trying to clarify that I have only spent 2 years so far as student in the UK

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 am

If you have been legally present in the UK in those 9 years and now been studying for 2 years then you are well over 10 years required to apply for ilr on that basis.

mir_ali110
Newly Registered

Post by mir_ali110 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:20 pm

chexgold wrote:Hey Mole and Vaishali,
Thanks for your discussions.
I am stuck in the same situation, where I have completed my masters, followed by PSW March 2012 - expired on 4th April 2014, applied for switching category Tier 4 general on 1st April 2014 ACCA - BPP University.
Today received a letter for an interview on 11th September.
I think Vaishali you must have attended the interview by now and got the Visa.
Mole, I got a question for you.
1. I showed the required funds for 28 days before the time of application - (before 1st April 2014) - now i have around £5000 left as I spent other money- would there be a question about maintenance or currently available funds?
2. As you said everyone is not called for an interview
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -gsr-sty02
this is new link and updated rule ? or not everyone gets an interview?
4. I will be eligible for ILR in next year August if I get the visa

As part of the Tier 4 student visa application process it is likely that you will be asked to undertake a short 'credibility interview'. This was initially introduced in October 2013, with a significant increase in the number of applicants undergoing interviews in August 2014. UK Visas & Immigration will be verifying that you can speak English to required level, and whether you are a genuine student.
The interview may be facilitated by a UK Visa and Immigration partner agency and will normally take place be via video-conferencing with the Home Office staff in the UK. The interview may be situated some distance from where you live, so you may be required to travel. It will take approximately 10 minutes.
The purpose of the interview is to check your credibility as a genuine student. You may be asked about the following areas:
your reasons for deciding to study in the UK and the benefits you believe this will give you;
your studies in the UK so far, including location, content of the course so far and current application for further study;
the reasons for selecting your chosen course, including the content of the course, and how this relates to your previous qualifications, experience and career plans post-study;
other Universities or Colleges that you may have researched as part of your selection for this course. If you only considered the University of East London, you will need to explain why you believed this was the most suitable choice for you;
your reasons for choosing to study this course at the University of East London;
who is funding your studies in the UK and the reasons for this;
understanding the conditions of a Tier 4 visa;
if you are applying with dependents, about the legitimacy of your relationship.
The interview will also assess that you are able to communicate clearly and that your English Language oral (speaking and listening) proficiency is sufficient to study in the UK. It is therefore important that you speak clearly providing full information to the questions you are asked.
Top Tips:
1) Give full answers to explain your situation in detail
The interviewer will not have access to your visa application form, or any other information about you. This means that you have to explain your answers fully – do not assume that the interviewer already knows about your situation. For example, if you have studied before, you will need to tell them this as they would not already know.
2) Answer as naturally as you can, as though you are chatting to a fellow student
Some questions are only asked to check your English language fluency, there is no right or wrong answer. Questions may include where you have travelled to before, or other topics not related to your course of study.
3) If you are genuinely planning to study, the interviewer is not trying to catch you out!
The purpose of the interview is to check that can demonstrate in conversational English that you genuinely want to study. The decision as to whether to grant or refuse your visa application is not made by the person interviewing you – the transcript forms a part of the information used to assess your application. The interviewer is unlikely to have detailed prior knowledge of your country and will not have prior knowledge of your plans, motivations and experiences, so if it is relevant to the question – tell them about it!
4) Prepare for the interview well, but do not rehearse specific answers
To help you prepare, think fully about why you are choosing to study your programme , and the questions listed above. However, part of the purpose of the interview is to check you can speak English naturally, so do not give fully rehearsed pre-prepared answers. If you have any friends, family or colleagues who speak English, talk with them in detail about your plans and motivations for study in the UK – this is the kind of conversation you will have in your interview. It might also help to watch British films to get accustomed to the accent!
A report of this interview will be sent to the UK Visas and Immigration case worker, who will consider it alongside your visa application and supporting documents. You may be called for a further interview if the caseworker needs more information.
After the interview, try writing down everything you were asked and how you answered. This can be very useful if there is a query at a later date
5. I have all the up to date record of being genuine student and BPP is listed as premium sponsor in the list.
Please reply

chexgold
Newly Registered

Post by chexgold » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks for the info in detail, i went to the interview place on harrow road..... bless me ... its on the remote place. any station paddington, royal oak or warwick, 8 minutes walk. the office is being setup in some stupid location, along with some other embassys including canada and european countries.

i spoke to one of the guy who completed his bachelor's and after psw enrolled in masters, well english speaking guy. 15.30 was his interview time and came out at 16.30? asked him plenty of questions and the guy on the other hand is typing the answers.

straight forward case....???? why intervied for an hour?

The guy told me that it was looking like that the interviewer is a case worker!!, or if it is same type of questions why would he asked so many questions?

f**K me!!! I will be the next

after all this still you f******ing dont know whats the out come and they will send you home and ask you to wait for the post reply.

regrads,