ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born to irish father

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

courny

child born to irish father

Post by courny » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

would appreciate if any one can help.
Me an irish citizen living in UK and have a child with my non eu wife. resident in UK for <5 years. will the child be entitled to irish citizenship? will the child be entitled to UK citizenship?

and what regulations apply if my child is born in Belfast to naturalized irish father and non eu mother?

thank you all for any help with this.

lordvon
Newly Registered

Re: child born to irish father

Post by lordvon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:51 pm

courny wrote:would appreciate if any one can help.
Me an irish citizen living in UK and have a child with my non eu wife. resident in UK for <5 years. will the child be entitled to irish citizenship? will the child be entitled to UK citizenship?

and what regulations apply if my child is born in Belfast to naturalized irish father and non eu mother?

thank you all for any help with this.
A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.