ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

residency question for non eu wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

courny

residency question for non eu wife

Post by courny » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Dear all,

I would like some help if possible. I am a naturalized irish citizen working in dublin at the moment but planning on moving to work in the UK in the next few months. My wife is a pakistani citizen at the moment and has been resident in Ireland for a year now on stamp 4 permit. what i would like to know is:

1: if i move to the uk will she still be eligible for irish citizenship on 3 years time, if she keeps her irish permits on track and living with me in uk on a visit visa as there is no immigraiton control. also when it comes to applying for her citizenship i assume i have to provide payslips other documents. and if i was to provide payslips from UK and tax documentation form UK wont they figure out that i have not been resident in ireland and hence not living with my wife?

2. is there different policies that apply for a non eu spouse of an irish citizen living in northern ireland ? so if i am working and resident in belfast and she is also legally resident there, am i correct in assuming that she can apply for irish citizenship after 3 years of reckonable residence.

any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
regards

lordvon
Newly Registered

Re: residency question for non eu wife

Post by lordvon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm

courny wrote:Dear all,

I would like some help if possible. I am a naturalized irish citizen working in dublin at the moment but planning on moving to work in the UK in the next few months. My wife is a pakistani citizen at the moment and has been resident in Ireland for a year now on stamp 4 permit. what i would like to know is:

1: if i move to the uk will she still be eligible for irish citizenship on 3 years time, if she keeps her irish permits on track and living with me in uk on a visit visa as there is no immigraiton control. also when it comes to applying for her citizenship i assume i have to provide payslips other documents. and if i was to provide payslips from UK and tax documentation form UK wont they figure out that i have not been resident in ireland and hence not living with my wife?

2. is there different policies that apply for a non eu spouse of an irish citizen living in northern ireland ? so if i am working and resident in belfast and she is also legally resident there, am i correct in assuming that she can apply for irish citizenship after 3 years of reckonable residence.

any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
regards
1. As long you have the proof of address that you are still in Dublin in "proxy",example bills , banks statement and specially as long the UK border control didn't put any entry and exit stamp on your wife passport when she entered UK and as long you renew her GNIB card yearly. if INIS find that your wife is outside the country more than 3 months ,they will refuse her application of Irish re entry visa even if she is a spouse of Irish national.
2. northern Ireland - they consider it a part of the Republic and as long she has continuous stamp on her passport for three years as well.