ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I claim benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah74

Can I claim benefit

Post by Shah74 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:40 pm

Afternoon All,

Can any of the senior members kindly let me know if I can apply for any benefits.

Recently got ILR ( Long Residence) . Family ( Wife/ two daughters and son ) on tier 1 general . My son was born here -will apply on MN1 for his registration soon. Not sure if I can or not apply for any benefit. My wife doesn't work - my salary based on work is between 25000/30000 per annum.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Shah74

Casa

Re: Can I claim benefit

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:49 pm

You can apply for child benefit but it's doubtful whether you qualify for any other benefit with the level of income that you have. Check this link out. https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators
Bear in mind that your wife and I assume two of your children are still under immigration control,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shah74

Re: Can I claim benefit

Post by Shah74 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 am

Morning Casa,

Thanks for quick reply. Appreciate that.

Kind Regards
Shah74