ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family reunification for Green Card holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neuron

Family reunification for Green Card holder

Post by neuron » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:34 am

Hello everyone,
My wife and I are non-EU nationals. I am currently in the process of obtaining a Green Card, and we should be moving to Cork in December. As far as I can understand, my wife can come with me immediately, and we can apply for familiy reunification then.

My questions are:
1) What is the exact procedure for family reunification? What sort of documents do we need to submit (e.g. a court-stamped translated copy of our marriage certificate, copy of my Green Card/GNIB, copy of my employment contract)? Is there an application form that can be downloaded and filled out in advance?
2) Is there a fee to be paid?
3) Can we apply somewhere in Cork City, or do we have to go to Dublin (or maybe mail the documents)?
4) What is the usual waiting time? I heard 12 weeks usually, 6-8 if we're lucky. My concern is that her entry visa to Ireland will be stamped for 90 days, and reunification isn't approved in that time frame. I guess she would need to go back home, and wait for approval, and then re-apply for an Irish visa to come back again?

Thank you!

EDIT: Spelling.
Last edited by neuron on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Family reunification for Green Card holder

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 am

My questions are:

1) What is the exact procedure for family reunification? What sort of documents do we need to submit (e.g. a cour-stamped translated copy of our marriage certificate, copy of my Green Card/GNIB, copy of my employment contract)? Is there an application form that can be downloaded and filled out in advance?

a. Translated copy of ur marriage certificate,
b. copy of ur Green Card/GNIB,
c. copy of ur employment contract.
d. Your payslips.
e. Proof of address in the form of tenancy agreement / utility bills in Ireland.
f. Some wedding photo graphs.
g. Invitation letter from you.
h. Your relationship history.
i. Copy of your passport.

2) Is there a fee to be paid?

Yes, a visa fee would apply and you can check it with your concerned Irish embassy. You can also email them requesting the requirements of a join spouse visa, they will send you a detailed list of required documents.

3) Can we apply somewhere in Cork City, or do we have to go to Dublin (or maybe mail the documents)?

You cannot apply for your wife visa in Ireland. You need to apply for a visa in your local irish embassy. The same embassy where you will get ur visa from.

4) What is the usual waiting time? I heard 12 weeks usually, 6-8 if we're lucky. My concern is that her entry visa to Ireland will be stamped for 90 days, and reunification isn't approved in that time frame. I guess she would need to go back home, and wait for approval, and then re-apply for an Irish visa to come back again?

Usually it will take 6 to 8 weeks but could be more. What ever u said above is not right. Her visa would be extended for 30 days on Irish airport and within 30 days you need to go to the local garda office and extend ur wife visa further.

neuron

Re: Family reunification for Green Card holder

Post by neuron » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks for your answers. But I need to get one thing straight - is family reunification a visa?

I know that, while we're outside of Ireland, and my Green Card comes through, we need to apply for single-entry visas to land in Ireland (60 EUR per visa). Then when we come to Ireland, we need to apply for family reunification, so that my wife can stay in Ireland.

What is the procedure for that?

(Or am I understanding things wrong - we apply for visas while home, and then both go to the Garda as soon as we arrive, to register for GNIB cards, and that's it? )