ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third Tier 1 General Extension and Application deadline

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aubajwa

Third Tier 1 General Extension and Application deadline

Post by aubajwa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello and Good Afternoon,

Hello,

My ILR is due by Nov. 2015; and I do have full Tier 1 general visa (extended two times) till Nov. 2015.

However because UKBA announced close of Tier 1 general extensions by April 2015; I am just thinking to apply for third extension by Nov. 2014 (just to be on safe side).

My questions are:

- Can I apply for third extension (Tier 1 General).

- When can I apply for my third extension before my current visa expires. i.e. Can I apply in Nov. 2014 for third extension whereas my current visa is still valid till Nov. 2014....

I am just concerned here that UKBA may refuse third extension on the basis of "very early" submission of application in regard to current visa expiry (almost a year before).

Thanks
Asmat

O_Relly

Re: Third Tier 1 General Extension and Application deadline

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Yes, you can apply a 3rd time, and you could do it any time, and you should get 3 yrs. however, I would deem this un-necessary, if you will complete the 5 yrs in Nov 2015. But if extending and having an additional 3 yrs would give you peace of mind, then absolutely.

This question appears to be asked and answered many times, just search this forum a bit and you will have seen many people do this successfully.
Cheers,
OR

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello,

I am just about to apply for my 3rd extension.

However some friends have confirmed me (based on their experience) that homeoffice will only give extension if for some reason I do not fulfill the requirements of ILR.

In my case since I can easily make up 5 yrs ILR period; homeoffice could reject my third extension. It's 50-50 chance.

In that case I need to come with a solid reason as for 'Why I am applying for 3rd extension'; as homeoffice will ask this question if I apply in person.

Can anybody please clarify this issue?

Thanks

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

I don't think so that's true !!!why should they deny u an extension?
Gurus plz comment.

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:05 am

O_Relly wrote:Yes, you can apply a 3rd time, and you could do it any time, and you should get 3 yrs. however, I would deem this un-necessary, if you will complete the 5 yrs in Nov 2015. But if extending and having an additional 3 yrs would give you peace of mind, then absolutely.

This question appears to be asked and answered many times, just search this forum a bit and you will have seen many people do this successfully.
Hello O_Really,

I have just read guidance notes in detail.

It says the earliest application date would be 28 days before the visa expiry date.
In this case i feel if Any application (for 3rd extension) submitted before my current expiry (Nov 2015) would be refused and I would lose my visa fee.

Is that assumption correct?

Thanks
Asmat

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 am

?

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 am

duplicate.
Last edited by t1s2010 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 am

first, you won't your existing leaves even if they deny you third extension.
Second, you can apply anytime before expiry. If get from date of decision if applying too early. From end of existing expiry, if in last 28-days of expiry.

Lastly, I don't have documentary prove to support rejection/acceptance of third extension. However, I doubt they will reject. Case worker does not know if a person meets ILR condition at time of extension e.g. 'continuous residence' will be fulfilled or say 'earning criteria', say 'conviction' and so on. All these are for ILR which case-work at extension will not be aware of.

In short, I don't think if you say you have money, well settled in job and thus you want extension for peace of mind; there is any chance of rejection.

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:41 pm

t1s2010 wrote:010
Thanks for suggestions.

I would wait and see when the April 2015 comes nearer.

Thanks
Asmat

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:59 am

yes, you can extend for a third time or however many times you want (before april 2015)

you understand the 28-day "earliest application" rule incorrectly. this rule has nothing to do with Tier 1 extensions. you can apply for another tier 1 extension at any time, no matter how much leave you have left.

the 28-day rule in this instance has to do with the date of ILR application -- but it is not "no more than 28 days before visa expiration". It is no more than 28 days earlier than you complete a requisite 5-year stay in the country (on the basis of which you are applying for ILR).

you can still apply for ILR even if you have 2 years left on your most recently extended tier 1. obviously in your scenario after a third extention you will have quite a bit of time left on it when you become eligible for ILR.

you simply cannot apply more than 28 days before you complete the 5 years needed for ILR.
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

aubajwa

Post by aubajwa » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 pm

sagareva wrote:yes, you can extend for a third time or however many times you want (before april 2015)

you understand the 28-day "earliest application" rule incorrectly. this rule has nothing to do with Tier 1 extensions. you can apply for another tier 1 extension at any time, no matter how much leave you have left.

the 28-day rule in this instance has to do with the date of ILR application -- but it is not "no more than 28 days before visa expiration". It is no more than 28 days earlier than you complete a requisite 5-year stay in the country (on the basis of which you are applying for ILR).

you can still apply for ILR even if you have 2 years left on your most recently extended tier 1. obviously in your scenario after a third extention you will have quite a bit of time left on it when you become eligible for ILR.

you simply cannot apply more than 28 days before you complete the 5 years needed for ILR.
MANY THANKS SAGAREVA FOR CLARIFYING THE ISSUE AND SAVING MY TIME... :-)))