ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application Documents not returned.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

atkin
Newly Registered

Visa Application Documents not returned.

Post by atkin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi,
I made a visa application as a sponsor for a Filipino citizen . The visa and appeal were refused .
The refusal letter disputed most of the information and documents sent. This was like an attack on my character as it suggested the application was false. I can put this behind me but for the fact that all the birth certs and death cert were not returned. This is like a kick when you are down . I have tried to call and sent e mails but no reply. A call to the Ombudsman's office and they say I must wait 6 weeks before they can act.
Anyone know if it possible to take legal action for the cost and time for getting these documents.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visa Application Documents not returned.

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Where did you made the application for the Filipino citizen ? What country / Embassy ?

ON what basis you applied the visa ? Marriage / visit etc ?

T & G

Post by T & G » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Where did you made the application for the Filipino citizen ? What country / Embassy ?

ON what basis you applied the visa ? Marriage / visit etc ?
Does it really matter on what basis he applied for a visa? No matter it was short stay or long stay visa. they dont have the right to lose any document, especially the certs.. it happened to me just a few months ago..after refuse my husbands visa, he arranged for a courier to pick his documents up from the embassy and two original documents- the birth cert of my daughter and the diploma of my husband were missing.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 am

the type of visa matters! as some of these visa have clear note saying no originals will be returned *he should have sent copies only until they ask for originals*.. you still will get them back, however, due to bureaucracy, it may take ages and hassle!

man.. only originals required on marriage, natrulisation/passport.. all others usually only copies as they wont return the originals!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

atkin
Newly Registered

Post by atkin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:29 am

I applied for a shot stay tourist visa. I sent copies of the original certs and stated I wanted them returned.
The documents that were returned were not copied and I did not need them returned . I got the impression that the application was not even looked at properly. The refusal letter was signed with a squiggle and no printed name.The certs were mentioned in the letter so I have proof .The application was made in the Irish embassy Manila and sent by courier to Dublin.
I complained to the Ombudsman and they say they cannot act until 6 weeks.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 am

ah its Honorary Consul, not embassy! all documents get sent to Singapore (the embassy) and they decide on it there.. ask the Honorary Consul to send to the embassy in Singapore to return documents - the process (diplomatic bag) goes once every week/2weeks, and comes back every week/2weeks.. so expect at least a month before you get anything back!

for C class visa, generally:

- It is advisable that you keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc will not be returned.

If there are specific documents that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a list of these with your application.

atkin
Newly Registered

Post by atkin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:57 pm

The documents were sent to Dublin. This office I am dealing with directly as they issued the refusal letters.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:05 pm

well, then its as simple as going to their offices in dublin - nobody can deny your access to a public office. and this will actually embarrass them

atkin
Newly Registered

Post by atkin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 pm

banana07 wrote:well, then its as simple as going to their offices in dublin - nobody can deny your access to a public office. and this will actually embarrass them
I could end up by going with a placard and getting photos taken for a newspaper if this persists.
I think they may have kept them to investigate me ?