ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Rejected under paragraph 245ZV(k)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rajat1991
Newly Registered

Application Rejected under paragraph 245ZV(k)

Post by Rajat1991 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Dear Sirs,

My Name is Raj and i have applied for Tier-4 Visa General on 14-AUG-2014 and been called for an interview yesterday, today i got a decision (refused under 245ZV) . Could you please advise should i go for AR ? Would be that be any useful.

DECISION MENTIONED BELOW:

ECO Comment:
Your CAS states that you will study for an MA international business Management. on 3/9/2014 you were interviewed at the British high commission ,New Delhi. Paragraph 245zv(k) of the immigration rules states that the entry clearance officer must be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student. I am not satisfied that tiy meet the requirement of 245ZV(k) for the following reasons.

1:I noted that you were issued with a tier-4 General Student Visa on 04/09/2011 valid until 30/10/2012, and you did not completed the course examinations. when asked why you did not complete the course you stated that you had a fee dispute with your college. Later in the interview you stated that you failed to complete the course because you did not like the college,there were limited students and the lecturers were not on time. The apparent discrepancies in your response lead me to dought that credibility of your application, and your commitment to complete you proposed course in the UK.

2:At interview you were asked about the course content of the MA, but you were unable to provide adequate description. You were able to provide the broad outline of the course structure, but yu were unable to provide a full and comprehensive description of the modular content. In light of your lack of knowledge of your proposed studies, i am not satisfied that you are a genuine student.

3 : YOU were asked about what other colleges and universities you had considered in the UK. you stated that you had considered EALING HAMMERSMITH AND WEST LONDON COLLEGE, but no other colleges. I do not find credible that someone genuinely in-tensing to spend more that one year of their life studying in the UK and a significant proportion of funds would have not conducted more research into the course or other colleges available. in light of the above, i am not satisfied that you are genuine student/

4:You were questioned about your post study plans, you stated that you wanted to return to India and work for your fathers business. I have noted that your father is involved in manufacturing road and building, and that you aurrently work in his business based on the information you have provided it is unclear how an MA in international business management will be of tangible benefit to the business, nad your career prospects.

5:All of the above factors lead me to doubt your intention in the UK, and i am not that you are going to the UK with the intention of being a genuine student. I am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245ZV(k) of the immigration rules.

Given the above, I have refused you visa application on this occasion because i am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirement of paragraph 245ZV of the immigration rules.

dmp

Re: Application Rejected under paragraph 245ZV(k)

Post by dmp » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:54 am

Very strong reasons have mentioned in your refusal by ECO. Its not good idea for AR because ECO raised issues like no knowledge of proposed study, no future plan after study, no academic progress between 4/9/11 -30/10/12, no research for other institutions. In your case only option I can suggest is fresh application for next term with proper interview preparation.

Best Luck!

Rajat1991
Newly Registered

Post by Rajat1991 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Dear DMP,

Thanks for the suggestion mate, I am just wondering i have below comments on each of there point. I have studied at the college during April-2011 to 2012 but couldn't give exams i have an attendance letter from the college acknowledging my attendance.

I have below comments on their points please advise!

At the time of 2011, my intention was to come to the UK to study a diploma in tourism and management, I state that during the interview regarding the fee dispute for the college, it was actually because the college I was studying was found to be one of the UKBA list of suspension, yet the college still requested me to pay more fee and the whole duration I have studied there nothing was organised, as mentioned earlier no lectures on time, very limited students in the class rooms, but the actual reason I am unable to complete my studies was due the college being suspended by Home Office and I had no choice but to stop and look for other college/university.

During the interview, they have asked me the course content of (MA IBM) course, I have provided a broad outline of the course structure of what I am going to be studying. But to the extent, I can only find out the actually content upon studying this course rather than knowing exactly everything in detail as interviewer mention. Obviously it is an impossible question to answer without being able to attend the course.

Thirdly to answer the question, I have done researches in couple of universities but i was asked in which you have applied, I applied at Ealing Hammersmith and West London College and Middlesex University because these are the one that I believe that they are sufficient enough to choose. No students actually apply for more than 3 colleges / university giving the fact they know exactly which studies to take from a specify college/universities, therefore it is irrelevant to apply for any other colleges / university as I have already chosen the one of my choice and got an acceptance letter.

What I am going to study now is going to enhance my knowledge and open up my career opportunity, when the interviewer asked me about what I am going to do, I mention to that I wanted to help my Dad business, which is my real intention, he has supported me throughout out the life and as a son it is my responsibility to help and contribute back towards his organisation. This is my plan after post studies; I don't think it is relevant to ask whether the type of business my dad is doing has to be related to the course I am undertaking. I will not know whether I will work for someone else back into the country, my intention is to conduct my further studies in the UK and the knowledge i will gain, it will help me to be in the position where I want to be in the future.

Above are my answer towards the refusal, I do not agree with the rejection under Paragraph 245ZV(k) stated in the refusal letter as in every statement above seems to be a constructive way to refuse my application without looking broader into my situation given the fact that I have not break any immigration laws in the past.

dmp

Post by dmp » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi
I understand your arguments and points what you have mentioned however HO is getting tough and very strict for students visas recently, You haven't done well enough in your interview however I can suggest some key point;

if you have any evidence(email, letter) showing dispute between you and your previous T4 sponsors may help however HO can also argue why you didn't change your college that time?

Comprehensive description of course means detail picture of each modules and how it can help you in to your future plan, you haven't explained effectively;

(Example- Strategic planning module will enhance my knowledge and skills which I can imply on my father's construction business)etc..

Other colleges and universities, which you have thought before making decision (considered), you have understood applied; so if you have any offer or communication from those uni- may help;

future plan- Relationship between father's business (Road and building constructions) and your MA International business- How will it help you to contribute in your father's business?

Best Luck!