ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for baby born in the UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rc123
Newly Registered

Indian Birth Certificate issued by Embassy.....

Post by rc123 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 pm

hello bubin,

What is Indian Birth Certificate issued by Embassy?? Do i need to apply one with Indian embassy for this certificate?

I got a Birth certificate given by Registrar in UK. Is that not enough?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 am

Its birth registration certificate issued by embassy/consulate and not birth certificate! Please see the cgi or hci website for more information.

rc123
Newly Registered

Post by rc123 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks Mauser.

I have been to the London High Commission this morning and i was able to just apply for the Birth registration for my kid.

I can apply the passport only after receiving the certificate from the high commission which will take 7 days.

Also anyone applying for registering a new born should DEFINETLEY carry a self addressed envelop which is not mentioned anywhere in the website, but would be told to get one only after you submit all the documents.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

jobinscaria wrote:
Munnu wrote:Hello All
Please can you confirm if I can apply for both birth registration and passport on the same day?
I will be doing them at London HCI.
Any input in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks
No, you cant apply for both together in London, unless they changed after I applied (applied on 27/02/2013) You need to first apply for birth registration and give them a self addressed envelope. Birth certificate will be send to you in a weeks time and you got to take copies of it when you apply for passport.

Cheers
Jobin.

Hi Jobin,

Just wanted to know is there a way we can track the status online for the application submitted for new born birth registration. I have applied on 11/04 in HCI london along with a self addressed envelope.

smrutib
Newly Registered

Photgraph for birth registration form

Post by smrutib » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 am

Hi, I had a question about the Birth Registration process. The instructions say that

"7) After clicking on Print application tab from the main menu the applicant has to enter his/her MHA File Number and date of Birth as an identity to access the submitted application. A PDF application form shall be displayed with an option of pasting applicant's recent passport size photograph"

But when I print the pdf copy of the application form, the photo is already there on the form. This is the photo that was uploaded as part of the online application process. Do I paste a photo over this? Or has the process changed and this instruction is out of date?

Thanks for your help

majumdar.anamitra7

Re: Photgraph for birth registration form

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm

smrutib wrote:Hi, I had a question about the Birth Registration process. The instructions say that

"7) After clicking on Print application tab from the main menu the applicant has to enter his/her MHA File Number and date of Birth as an identity to access the submitted application. A PDF application form shall be displayed with an option of pasting applicant's recent passport size photograph"

But when I print the pdf copy of the application form, the photo is already there on the form. This is the photo that was uploaded as part of the online application process. Do I paste a photo over this? Or has the process changed and this instruction is out of date?

Thanks for your help

Take the photo along with the printout to the highcommission and the person at the counter will paste it over the scanned photo.

smrutib
Newly Registered

Post by smrutib » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:23 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:

Take the photo along with the printout to the highcommission and the person at the counter will paste it over the scanned photo.
Thanks so much for your reply. I had a couple of additional questions. One of them was asked on this forum but no one has replied yet.

1. '**Signature and designation of the officer authorized under rule 38 of the Citizenship Rules, 2009 ....' - this clause in the application form. Does someone in the consulate sign this? Or we have to get it signed ourselves. If so by whom?

2. It doesn't say anywhere on the form that we need to attach a declaration stating that the kid doesn't have any other passport. Is this required? The declaration seems to be included in the form (10.) And again if so can a signed declaration do or does it need to be a specific form.

Thanks

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm

smrutib wrote:
majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply. I had a couple of additional questions. One of them was asked on this forum but no one has replied yet.

1. '**Signature and designation of the officer authorized under rule 38 of the Citizenship Rules, 2009 ....' - this clause in the application form. Does someone in the consulate sign this? Or we have to get it signed ourselves. If so by whom?

2. It doesn't say anywhere on the form that we need to attach a declaration stating that the kid doesn't have any other passport. Is this required? The declaration seems to be included in the form (10.) And again if so can a signed declaration do or does it need to be a specific form.

Thanks
For point 1 - you can keep this blank.

For point 2 - No need to attach any declaration - just take the hard copy of the application form along with copies and original of UK SHORT and FULL birthcertificate, passport and visa of you and your spouse and marriage certificate, baby passport photos ( as mentioned in the website). Please take a self addressed envelope also.

I had applied recently in HCI London on 11/04 and got my baby's birthcertificate today.

smrutib
Newly Registered

Post by smrutib » Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for your help. I applied on 26th April in London HCI and got the birth certificate exactly one week later.

Couple of tips for those looking to apply at London HCI

- For the pre paid envelope take a next day delivery envelope. They don't accept any other kinds

- There are two queues at the consulate one for indian citizens and one for ocis etc. Make sure to stand the correct queue. If you are there by around 7. You should be done by 10:30

Thanks

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Advice wanted please

Post by ksadoc » Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi all,
After reading through the whole thread, still have some doubts.
We are on Tier 2 visa, expires 2015, both parents Indian Passport.
1. I live in West Wales, do i have to personally go to HCI, London or can it be done by post? If yes, then how to make payment as i did not come across anything like it online/Debit etc.
2.How to take pic of new born? i dont think photo booth will help?
3. What are the dimensions of the pics,is it 4 (four) Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs with white background, becuase when i login to indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in, it says upload pic 100(width)*120(height)pixel only.

Thanks

smrutib
Newly Registered

Re: Advice wanted please

Post by smrutib » Tue May 07, 2013 3:33 pm

ksadoc wrote:Hi all,
1. I live in West Wales, do i have to personally go to HCI, London or can it be done by post? If yes, then how to make payment as i did not come across anything like it online/Debit etc.
3. What are the dimensions of the pics,is it 4 (four) Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs with white background, becuase when i login to indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in, it says upload pic 100(width)*120(height)pixel only.

Thanks
Hi I cannot answer question 1 as I have not researched it.

2. I took it using my own camera

3. For the birth registration the physical picture needs to be square - they say not less than 35mm x 35mm. And the background needs to be light but not white. What you mentioned is for the passport application (which is the next step). You will also need to upload a pic which needs to be 100x120 pixels. I basically took a picture with my camera. Sized it appropriately for online upload and got a print outs from Asda for the physical copy.

Hope that helps

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Re: Advice wanted please

Post by ksadoc » Tue May 07, 2013 4:04 pm

smrutib wrote:
ksadoc wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
Hi I cannot answer question 1 as I have not researched it.

2. I took it using my own camera

3. For the birth registration the physical picture needs to be square - they say not less than 35mm x 35mm. And the background needs to be light but not white. What you mentioned is for the passport application (which is the next step). You will also need to upload a pic which needs to be 100x120 pixels. I basically took a picture with my camera. Sized it appropriately for online upload and got a print outs from Asda for the physical copy.

Hope that helps

Thanks. I just called HCI, he said you can post BUT it might get lost and then you will call and we might not receive phone etc. but then he told its best if you come to HCI! funny guy though.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport for baby born in the UK

Post by binoj_a26 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:47 am

Hi All,

I hope to have reached a right discussion forum. I am currently applying for the birth certificate for my new born and I had few (basic) questions.

In the PDF, it states "Signature of Parents" - Should both the parents sign in the space provided?
It is mentioned that we need to take self-attested photocopies of the relevant document. Again, should both the parents self-attest here?

Looking forward for a response from this group. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 am

Hi all,
Thanks for the lovely forum and valuable discussion and inputs.
I will share my recent experience regarding the birth certificate and hope it might help someone who are looking for more info.
I have applied for my sons birth certificate last friday (5th sept) and I have received the certificate in 4 days (11th sept).
HCI london was very good and people are nicer than expected.
I went the embassy around 7.30 and I am 6 th in the que. they started giving the tokens from 8.45am.
even at 8.45 there are not many people in the que and hardly 40 people.
i went through the security and they guided me to go to first floor.

around 9.30 officers arrived and they started calling tokens.
they asked me the following documents.
1. online form with one baby photo
2. birth certificate (copy and original)
3. copies and originals of both parents pass post (individually attested)
4. visa copy of the both parents (individually attested)
5. marriage certificate signed by both parents
6. Utility bill copy (gas or electricity)
7. declaration form (i have downloaded this online and filled. and signed by both parents)
also make sure you attach the parents photos (one for father and one for mother) any passport size photocopy will be fine.
8. First class special delivery post (7.5gbp) if you dont want to come back again to collect. If you forget this you can buy this from the security near the entrance, they sell it for 10gbp or you can go to near by post office.

after checking the originals they have returned the originals and asked me 17GBP and gave me the receipt.

Currently, I am applying for passport and it seems to be very straightforward.

also make sure that, the HCI london is taking online appointments only after this month, so you dont have to wait in the que.
make sure you enquire before you go.

Hope this helps.

Sanju

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 am

binoj_a26 wrote:Hi All,

I hope to have reached a right discussion forum. I am currently applying for the birth certificate for my new born and I had few (basic) questions.

In the PDF, it states "Signature of Parents" - Should both the parents sign in the space provided?
It is mentioned that we need to take self-attested photocopies of the relevant document. Again, should both the parents self-attest here?

Looking forward for a response from this group. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Yes, both parents should sign in the form.
Also you need to sign in front of the officer also.As I visited alone, I signed for my partner also when i am at embassy.
You need to self attest individually the following documents
1. front two and back two pages of the passport of both
2. visa copies of both
and both parents needs sign on marriage certificate and declaration form.

hope this helps.