ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment of 200k! need help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

huehue
Newly Registered

Investment of 200k! need help

Post by huehue » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi I got my tier 1 visa last year ( and going to expired in 2017) and i am planning to invest my 200k.
I plan to invest my money with my other friend to buy a pharmacy business.

Can I use my first 100k to invest in buying a pharmacy business for this year and THEN NEXT year i am going to invest my another 100k into my same pharmacy business, can i do that?
Does this way going to meet the HO guidance of fully investing my 200k? ( or I have to fully invest the 200k in ONE go?)

Please advice...thanks :) :D :D :D :D :D

attahaas
India

Re: Investment of 200k! need help

Post by attahaas » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:20 am

Huehue, yes you can do that. As long as you invest the entire 200K in the 3 years, there is no restriction on how you break up the amount.

Another very important caution in your case. Since you are planning to buy another business, DON'T BUY the whole business per se! Instead buy that company's assets and inventory in the name of your own company. When you buy or takeover an existing business wholly, you also buy its liabilities and bad debts if any, which you don't want. So, be very careful with this.

Also, make sure you first transfer the amount into your business and then buy assets from that company thorough your business. And if the previous owner doesn't want to continue the business, ask him/her to dissolve the company. Later, you can employ their 2 employees into YOUR business. This way, you will qualify for creating 2 new full-time jobs, because there is a net increase in YOUR business. If you takeover/buy an existing business, you must employ 2 new persons because there should be a NET increase in employment, which might be very difficult for a pharmacy to do. It should look like you are setting up your own pharmacy, so you are creating 2 new jobs in YOUR pharmacy.

If you need to apply any licenses to run a pharmacy business, do so in then name of YOUR company. Make sure you are not associated with the other business on paper in any way!

Talk to an accountant and a lawyer (corporate law), they will give you professional advice regarding such transactions.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

aloksuri81
Newly Registered

Post by aloksuri81 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi I got my teir 1 enterpreneur 200k in august2014 and I got my company register got the utr no. From hmrc. I am buying a commercial property with one resident of uk worth 225 k as the worth of the property is more than 500 k
I want to ask that will this be counted in my investment as I will be running a convenience store from their and will give part of the property on rent and secondly should I buy this property in my personal name or in my companies name and if I buy this in my name will this be counted as an investment and will buying the property will count in my investment

huehue
Newly Registered

Post by huehue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Aloksuri,

Hmm this sound abit complicated actually.
I am not really sure whether it will be counted as a investment cause u invest in the property.

It's best to get advise from others and visa advisor.

Hope this help

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:48 am

aloksuri81 wrote:Hi I got my teir 1 enterpreneur 200k in august2014 and I got my company register got the utr no. From hmrc. I am buying a commercial property with one resident of uk worth 225 k as the worth of the property is more than 500 k
I want to ask that will this be counted in my investment as I will be running a convenience store from their and will give part of the property on rent and secondly should I buy this property in my personal name or in my companies name and if I buy this in my name will this be counted as an investment and will buying the property will count in my investment
You can jointly buy a commercial property and this can be in your own name or in your company name.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..