ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Interview for Second MBA and Alleged Work Violation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waverc
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Interview for Second MBA and Alleged Work Violation

Post by waverc » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Hello Immigration Board,
Very helpful forum. I have been in the UK for 3 years (since August 2011), I completed ACCA and recently an MBA in the UK. A local university have a partnership with ACCA that enables you to get a BSc with your ACCA qualification, so I was able to get my ACCA qualification and BSc as well at roughly the same time.
So basically:
2011 to 2012 - ACCA & BSc
2013 - General MBA
2014 - Applying for MSc (Econ) - visa application submitted 5 Aug 2014

I only included the BSc from the local uni and the bachelors degree from my home country but did not add my ACCA and MBA documents in my Tier 4 visa application (I only submitted the docs I gave to the university to get my CAS for the MSc). Was that wrong? Should I have included all my academic documents? I am also not sure if I will be still considered under the old rules, given the new rules in July 2014 that you have to study a higher NQF Level.

Also my record has been identified by UKVI, who allege that tax records from HMRC indicate that while studying at I have worked in violation of the conditions of my visa. I worked at the uni I was studying for my MBA as part of the course, they insisted on my NI number which I provided. I got my NI when I first came to the UK, DWP gave me an NI despite my visa stating no work (I used an agency to help me with coming to the UK). I extended my visa for my MBA in 2013 and got a Tier 4 BRP stating 'no work except work placement' and that is only when I used my NI, for the work placement (lasted only a few weeks).

The Temporary Migration Team 8 has now sent me a letter (dated 2 Sept 2014) stating it is necessary for me to go for an interview. I am not sure what this means, what will be required, and they have not given me a date yet. I am a genuine student, please assist on what to do, what they are looking for and how I can best prepare. What is your advice?

Thank you for your help!

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 4 Interview for Second MBA and Alleged Work Violati

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 am

Sorry to hear about your story.

If home office issued you notice to attend one of the detention centre then they might will keep you there it happened to one of my cousin.
I would recommend you before you go put Pap and then they will not detain you

dmp

Post by dmp » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Documents used to obtain CAS only require to submit so, its fine in your case.

If you have worked only couple of weeks as a part of your study at university, you should submit university letter/certificate showing that.

Most students are having visa credibility interview for tier 4 applications. You will receive another letter showing date , place and time for your interview and also option for more documents submission within a week.

In your interview you should be able to explain clearly that why are you doing level 7 again, why did you work if your visa has not right to work and also more about your university, course, previous study, immigration history.

Best Luck!

waverc
Newly Registered

Post by waverc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Thank you for your kind responses, I really appreciate. Hassan5805, I will definitely check if it is at a detention centre when I get the letter giving details of the location, what is a Pap and how do I go about it? Also, what happened to your cousin - were they able to make an appeal?

Thanks Dmp, Would you happen to know reasons that are unacceptable / acceptable to do NQF Level 7 again? It is a Masters in a different field, I am moving from Accounting to Economics because I want to work for multilateral and get involved in international development because it is my passion and not just finance and accounting roles given my finance and accounting background. My previous MBA was general but I took consulting modules so I want to expand my scope with the Economics degree. Is this an appropriate response?

I worked because my visa at the time said 'no work except work placement' so I thought the work placement was allowed in this case, but later the university stated it was not and cancelled the placement, but they had already included me in payroll and paid me for the one month I worked using my NI, should I say this? I do have my appointment letter for the role but I will talk to the university as well about this so I can be ready for the interview.

I will be happy to clearly explain all my immigration history including dates, is it important that I bring copies of the documents I have? Also how long do these interviews last? How much time do they usually give from the interview details letter and the actual interview date? I received this notice on 2nd Sept 2014 and they state they expect to make a decision by 28 October 2014. So if I receive the letter next week will they give me an interview date that is a few days after? Is it possible to reschedule an interview?

What if they ask me if I want to remain in the country or leave after my course? I would love an international job, if I get one in the UK its great and that would be the most ideal situation but I am also flexible to consider other countries or even return to my home country. Is this a good answer?

Moreover do you know any particular clauses I can quote in the immigration rules talking about it being okay to submit only documents necessary for my CAS (I read somewhere they can reject because you omitted material information) and also that my application should be considered under the previous rules (if I am)? Or any other relevant clauses that can support my case?

Also if you have any other difficult questions I can expect please let me know!

Once again I am truly grateful. Thank you Hassan5805 and Dmp.

dmp

Post by dmp » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 am

You mentioned earlier that you did not submit MBA and ACCA, then how your explanation will be credible?
From general MBA to Msc economics you have explained good enough.
you can not reschedule interview unless any compelling and compassionate circumstances with documentary evidence.
interview support link-
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 69688.html

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:00 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Sorry to hear about your story.

If home office issued you notice to attend one of the detention centre then they might will keep you there it happened to one of my cousin.
I would recommend you before you go put Pap and then they will not detain you

hi hassan
any update on your cousin's TOEIC case yet??

waverc
Newly Registered

Post by waverc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you for response and I am truly grateful for the link of questions to expect - its excellent! I haven't received the letter inviting me for interview yet, but I am preparing in the meantime! Many thanks once again!