ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Visa - Employment Redundancy Termination

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simple1976
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Visa - Employment Redundancy Termination

Post by simple1976 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am

Hello,

I hold valid leave under Tier 2 (General) Visa under the PBS until August 2016. I had changed over to my current employer 1 year back via a Change of Employment CoS (unrestricted quota - within the UK application ) which was approved and accepted by UKBA and I was granted leave along with my dependents until August 2016.

Recently my sponsor employer served me a termination notice of 1 month due to redundancy. As per my understanding my sponsor employer will inform the UKBA (now UKVI) about my last date of employment. Upon receiving this information the UKVI will consider a curtailment decision and will send me a curtailment letter.

It would be great if I could get authentic answers to my following queries -

1. Is my understanding correct on the curtailment process with respect to the current immigration laws?
2. If yes, how many days the curtailed period would be? If no, what happens after my employment ends and how many days do I have to be able to wrap up and return to my country along with my dependents?
3. When will this curtailed period start? Will it be the last date of my employment or will it be the date UKVI takes the decision?
4. During the curtailed period will I be able to apply to UKVI for change of employment if I get another employer to sponsor me and issue me a Change of Employment CoS?
5. What happens after the curtailed period expires and I do not find any other employer to sponsor me? How many days do I get to wrap up and go back to my country?
6. Will my dependents' curtailment period be the same as mine? One of the dependents is less than 10 years and is in full time education / schooling. Will the UKVI consider this fact while deciding on the curtailment?
7. I still have quite a few days before my employment ends? Is there any scope or means to make an advanced appeal to the UKVI ahead of my employment end date.

Thanking in advance for authentic replies to my questions which are very important for me in the current situation.

Thanks & Regards,
A