ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Landing Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dfc2013
Newly Registered

UK Landing Card

Post by Dfc2013 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:22 am

Hi I am in desperate need of some help.

My fiancé will be coming over on a general visitor visa in November from Turkey (I hope) he got the visa once before and left before expired so I believe this time it should be easy. My parents sponsor him as I still live at home and not yet 21. Previously he came for a original 2 weeks at Xmas and returned again before his work began in Turkey.

At the moment we intend for him to stay for 8 weeks, and this is in the invite, application and will eventually be on his landing card. However, if in any case we or my parents decide we want him to stay longer than on his landing card is this a problem? As long as he leaves before his visa expired is everything okay? I don't really mind if he has trouble next time as I will move to Turkey this time next year. What happens with the landing cards, surely immigration won't come to our home if he stays longer than on the landing card if his visa entitles him to 6 months by law?

Thanks in advance!

Imshzd

Re: UK Landing Card

Post by Imshzd » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

No problem at all if he return back before the expiry date of his visit visa

Dfc2013
Newly Registered

Post by Dfc2013 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

So if he stays longer than stated on his landing card but leaves before the expiry date of his visa no one will come knocking on my families door??

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm not sure why you've asked the same question 4 times when you've already had 2 unequivocal responses.

He can stay for as long as the agent at the border will let him in for. That is either 6 months or the remaining time on his visa, which ever is less.

In *limited* circumstances the border agent might decide to limit his time in the UK to the time he specifies on the card, and sometimes even less. That is highly unlikely to occur.

Dfc2013
Newly Registered

Post by Dfc2013 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:53 pm

What I am now trying to understand if it will be a problem next time he applies for the same visa type or a different.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 pm

It won't be a problem providing he doesn't overstay the time he is allowed on entry.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Whilst what's been said here isn't wrong per se, if he asks for 8 weeks in the UK, is admitted for up to 6 months, and then stays for 4 months then he hasn't broken any rules but what he says in future might be doubted because he stayed a lot longer than he said he would. It can in theory be used as a reason to doubt the credibility of his answers. That's common sense.