ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Residence Card validity question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doesnotcompute

EU Family Residence Card validity question

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:25 am

Hi

My wife and I got married in the UK in 2009. She was issued with an EU Family residence card in 2010, which is valid until 2015. In 2011, we left the UK to live in Ireland (where I am from). She and I have been living in Ireland since 2011, so since the basis under which the EU Residence Card was issued (I was working full time in the UK at the time) is no longer the case, does that make the EU Family Residence Card for the UK null and void?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a work assignment coming up in the UK that I was just told about and she would like to make a long weekend out of it and spend some time in London. If she can travel on the EU Family Residence Card, all well and good, but if the card is no longer valid, she will have to apply for a visa, and she might not get the visa in time.

Thanks for your time.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU Family Residence Card validity question

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Are you aware she may qualify for Irish Citizenship now.

In practice, absence for over 6 months in a year in your circumstances will, affects validity.

You can still come in with it though. She will not be refused entry. The most that could be done is the card being revoked and a six months code 1A being issued.

As there is a common travel area between Ireland and UK, i don't think she will encounter any problem.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors