ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed translations

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Missed translations

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi, I confirmed my application on Aug 07 and attended my appointment at the embassy on Aug 18.

After handing my documents in, I realised I hadn't included a translation of my father's Bank Account Statement and my birth certificate, which are in Spanish. I also forgot my CAS letter but I honestly don't think that represents a problem since it's never mentioned in the supporting document guidance and I included my CAS number in the application anyways, so I'm not worried about that. The interview went well, quite standard, really.

I gave them my passport, IELTS certificate, high school transcript (with translation), the parental and financial support from my dad (I'm 17), my dad's bank statement (which remained steady throught a month and a half and has well over the amount necessary) and my birth certificate. The course I enrolled in is a International Foundation Programme, namely, a foundation year prior to university, in the University of Bristol.

I contacted the enquiry service regarding this and he said that if the Entry Clearance Officer feels the need for any further information, they may contact me in due curse. I'm totally aware that after the application is submitted I can't send any other documentation, but if they ask me to could I? Is this something that the Officer would contact me about or would they just refuse it because of the lack of translations?

Has anyone been in this situation? I could use some guidance right now!

Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Missed translations

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 am

Unless the ECO is concerned about the overall application then to refuse it on the lack of translation for the documents mentioned is not particularly likely.
Have you got the translations (the bank statement is more important ) ready to send if requested?

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Unless the ECO is concerned about the overall application then to refuse it on the lack of translation for the documents mentioned is not particularly likely.
Have you got the translations (the bank statement is more important ) ready to send if requested?
Well, I'm lot more calm now. I do have it, I don't know what I was thinking when I didn't get a translation to send it in the first place but oh well it's all done now. I did request a new bank statement because my translator said she'd need an original document in order to translate it but it does cover the same time span and a bit further actually. This shouldn't be a problem, right?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:55 pm

I you do get asked for the translation then send what you have as it does the job.
Given your going to a Uni and you have been interviewed already if they have not asked for translations there is a good chance they won't at this stage.

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:I you do get asked for the translation then send what you have as it does the job.
Given your going to a Uni and you have been interviewed already if they have not asked for translations there is a good chance they won't at this stage.
Thanks a lot for the answers, this was consuming me! They sent me an e-mail from the Bogotá hub saying that the package containing my visa was just opened and that my documents had been organised for an ECO to consider this Tuesday, so I guess we'll find out.

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Hello again guys. Just a little update on my application. Well, the ECO never contacted me, they made a decision on my visa in like one day so I've accepted the fact that they refused it. However, do you think there's the even slimmest chance that they may have approved it?

Cheers xx

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Just wait and see. Speed of dealing with the application is not an indication of refusal or not.

tomic888
Newly Registered

Post by tomic888 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi,

I also applied for the IFP but at Warwick Uni.

I did not translate those two documents as well... What was the outcome of your application?

Regards.

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 pm

tomic888 wrote:Hi,

I did not translate those two documents as well... What was the outcome of your application?

Regards.
I did get it! Hopefully you'll get an equally nice ECO

tomic888
Newly Registered

Post by tomic888 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 pm

DulceXimenaBO wrote:

Regards.
Great! I feel a relief :)

I supplied a bank statement where it states that we have more than enough
to cover the fees but it doesn't state the 28 day transactions.
Do you think this could be a problem?

DulceXimenaBO
Newly Registered

Post by DulceXimenaBO » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:27 am

tomic888 wrote:
DulceXimenaBO wrote:

Regards.
Great! I feel a relief :)

I supplied a bank statement where it states that we have more than enough
to cover the fees but it doesn't state the 28 day transactions.
Do you think this could be a problem?
I think it depends probably on how close you were to the 28 day period but I did hear that someone didn't get it because they'd held the money for 26 days instead of 28. I'm honestly not sure that they would reject it just for that reason, but you need to be positive and waot for the outcome!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 am

The 28 day rule is rigid so if you have not met the rule it will be a refusal.