ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Have faith

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Have faith » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Ket1 and everyone else sorry for late replies I just checked this forum but can see everyone is helping each other, May Allah tallah continue to give us trength to help one another, Ameen, all the best to the people who have submitted their cases In'Shaa'Allah not long.

Ket1 it's good ur getting everything sorted, I didn't know about the polio test included in the papers but I suppose u have nothing to lose if u include it. All the best let us know when u leave.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Guys
Any idea if BHC is still Holdings telephonic interview? :D
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm

umeraali wrote:Ket1
Polio test not required, my husband obtained a TB certificate on the 10th September 2014 without any mention of Polio. Yes 28days they apparently strict on so hopefully in sha allah you are able to submit without waiting too long and evidence not more older than 28 days.

Tallojani
Thanks - I picked up on this because my paperwork was ready to submit as of 1st September 2014 but then waited for my last bank statement orginal before I could submit 15 days delay by the time it came and I posted to Pakistan.

Blitheringking
I am pretty sure you can re arrange Gerry appointment, Well I sent all docs by dad to Pakistan then waited for my last bank statement to come through and sent by fedex recorded delivery cost me £53.00 just to send 1 bank statement to Pakistan but it got there on the 4th day when they promised 5 days given the Islamabad disruption so was happy in the end. Everything has to be original and within 28days.
Hi thanks guys you may have saved me a lot of hassle and extended dissappointment

we have rebooked the appointment for the following week, it should give me enough time to send the payslip and bank statement for August

I would never have known about this 28 day thing if I never came here!

thank you

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm

zeeh wrote:Guys
I think telephone interviews were for english test verification I.e. For people who had applied with NTS/ ETS certificate. Not heard from anyone being interview over the phone for any other reason

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 pm

alil2014 wrote:
I think telephone interviews were for english test verification I.e. For people who had applied with NTS/ ETS certificate. Not heard from anyone being interview over the phone for any other reason
MY WIFE HOLDING ETS CERTIFICATE.LETS SEE IF THEY CALL HER OR JUST HAND PASSPORT
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm

zeeh wrote:
alil2014 wrote:
Did you meet the income threshold? Inshallah you should be hearing within the next few weeks as they work through the backlog

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 pm

zeeh wrote:
alil2014 wrote:
Did you meet the income threshold? Inshallah you should be hearing within the next few weeks as they work through the backlog

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Let's hope they do give us answers ASAP, hubby applied in dec 2013 and we haven't heard anything since I hope they clear this back log soon, my hubby done a city and guilds test and we meet the financial requirement so hoping for the best, In'Shaa'Allah not long now, everyone please keep me in ur duas and I will keep u in mine. Jazaka'Allah

th3

Post by th3 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Some people really need to just read and search the last few pages before posting, as all the answers are already there.

As for gold/stock; like I said, it's just to show extra savings you have, but not used as for income purposes. You cannot do that.
My shares are company shares, and since I put money in them, they're 3x that value now, so even where I said 1k, they can check and see the present value is far higher if I withdraw, and my employer keeps funding them weekly. The gold, I had pictures of the full set and a UK jeweler certificate/receipts including in random pictures, my wife wearing some.

I was well over in income and my case has never been on hold. I played by the book, all the income and saving is mine, worked hard for, and legit. We'll soon know if playing by the book was wrong...

Visit visa: DON'T do it, it'll definitely get rejected and it's well known. The gov. will reply "we do not believe she will be returning to her country". I did try it early on to know.

Subsisting relationship: longer term since marriage, child and regular visits is the biggest bonus here.
My case was indestructible here and I did not need this evidence simply because I visit the wifey 4 times a year and have lived with the her 1.7 out of a 3 year marriage. It's a major thing if you've recently married and/or don't visit often.

Case processing: I have no idea anymore, things seem to change every day there. There's just no set system that they follow. As it used to be, whichever they find easiest, they process then and dump the rest till they get time/you harass them enough. Anything they come across that they doubt or doesn't look straight forward, they would leave to the side, until they could make further checks. They will look not for evidence, but for things to reject you on. It does depend on the ECO you get too, big time. And certain categories were priority due to this.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:06 am

Hi, I am new here. I applied in July 2013 for my Husband. I have still not heard anything. I was told my case is on hold, which is really unfair as I earn over £20,000 it's soooo hard waiting. I emailed them yesterday on the contact us page that I found on this forum. It does say they will reply in 24 hours I hope that is what happens.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 am

MY WIFE HOLDING ETS CERTIFICATE.LETS SEE IF THEY CALL HER OR JUST HAND PASSPORT[/quote]

Did you meet the income threshold? Inshallah you should be hearing within the next few weeks as they work through the backlog[/quote]

does this mean that people who meet the financial requirements will have to wait longer until they clear the backlog( cases on hold)? or they doing all cases in date order now?

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 am

@Sannnnnnn that sounds unfair, have they said why your application is on hold if u meet the financial requirements? The email service is good better then the last one, sometimes they take 2/3 days to reply but don't worry they will reply to u soon.

I find it strange if u meet the financial req and all ur paperwork is correct why would they keep it on hold, have u tried contacting them via telephone at all?? Do let us know what their reply is when they email back xx

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 am

Applications can be placed on hold for any number of reasons, but the most likely reason is document verification. There is a team within the BHC and UKBA who are responsible purely for document verification.

You applied in July, it's only Sept at the moment, so don't see why the fuss, some people have been waiting more than twice that period of time and they haven't kicked up a fuss.

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:37 am

Hi, No I have not called them. Do u think I should try n call. It's just that from what a lot of people have said on this forum who having tried calling I did not think there was much point. Can you please give me the number to call. I might just give it a go. Also I do meet the threshold but messed up on the evidential documentation pretty bad I think. Not my fault though my solicitor insisted it was not nesassary. Basically I have 2 jobs and one of the salaries is not paid in account. Tax etc is deducted as normal but it is paid cash in hand.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 am

Re: Calling cards.

If you are of the modern age where you met your spouse long before the wedding then you'll need to have evidence of communication and the best way to do that is call records or web messenger screenshot/logs.

If however you have a marriage where you meet your spouse for the first time the day you get married, proof of subsistence is not required.

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:39 am

The fuss is it was July 2013 so it's been over 1 year

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 am

Sannnnnnn wrote:Hi, No I have not called them. Do u think I should try n call. It's just that from what a lot of people have said on this forum who having tried calling I did not think there was much point. Can you please give me the number to call. I might just give it a go. Also I do meet the threshold but messed up on the evidential documentation pretty bad I think. Not my fault though my solicitor insisted it was not nesassary. Basically I have 2 jobs and one of the salaries is not paid in account. Tax etc is deducted as normal but it is paid cash in hand.
I don't know why people waste time calling them expecting a decent answer. Of the 4 years I've been on this site, I think in total only 2 people were lucky enough to get through to a ECO and even then the ECO gave the standard response.

Don't call them, it's a waste of both time and money. Relax, go get busy with your life and when they do finally respond then you can be happy or weigh up your next move, God forbid should it come to that.

As for the situation regarding two salaries. I've said this many times on this forum, I know people who were worried about not giving adequate evidence getting VISA and I also know many who were confident they gave ample evidence being rejected.

It's luck of the draw sometimes and you can't do much now, so leave it for the time being, let your solicitor worry and you go relax.

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 am

14 months waiting I think that's long enough. I thought we are all here to help each other through this not judge on who has the right to create a fuss. I don't appreciate your tone

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 am

14 months waiting I think that's long enough. I thought we are all here to help each other through this not judge on who has the right to create a fuss. I don't appreciate your tone

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:45 am

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 am

Sannnnnnn wrote:The fuss is it was July 2013 so it's been over 1 year
I apologise, I thought you meant July this year.

In which case over 1 year for a VISA application is unacceptable. Are you sure there is nothing else missing from the info provided?

The longest I've ever seen an application take is 8 months, no one not even in the hectic period of application os early 2012 before the rule changes took over 8 months.

If it is just a spouse visa and they haven't updated you since, my first recommendation is to go speak to your MP and don't be soft with the MP'#s office, tell them the situation and they will get a response from the BHC for you. Who knows they might get it kicked off again for you.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 am

Sannnnnnn wrote:14 months waiting I think that's long enough. I thought we are all here to help each other through this not judge on who has the right to create a fuss. I don't appreciate your tone
Clearly there is some extra information about this case, something you or your solicitor hasn't been informed about. That's why you should speak to your local MP, set up a meeting and ask them, how in the hell can the UKBA take more than 2x the average processing time.

The MP or his staff will get you an answer and more than likely will get it pushed along as well. Many people go to MPS after 3 months, which is ridiculous, but in your case it's justified and I'm surprised your solitor didn't ask you to or even go to the MP 6 months ago.

blumango

Post by blumango » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 am

king2be98 wrote:Re: Calling cards.

If you are of the modern age where you met your spouse long before the wedding then you'll need to have evidence of communication and the best way to do that is call records or web messenger screenshot/logs.

If however you have a marriage where you meet your spouse for the first time the day you get married, proof of subsistence is not required.

king bro, whats your timeline? if memory is correct, faintly remember your wife's visa was rejected a couple of years ago because nikka wasn't registered? maybe I've got the wrong person lol
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 am

It's ok U won't to know. My mp has emailed them over 5 times they just don't reply to him too

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 am

Sannnnnnn wrote:My mp has emailed them over 5 times they just don't reply to him too
Your MP has contacted them, but they didn't reply or they didn't give a meaningful reply?