ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can travel to the Uk with certificate of naturlaztion

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bibisha

Can travel to the Uk with certificate of naturlaztion

Post by Bibisha » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi all

I have really emagancy Tavel to the uk to get my passport of Origen because we don't have an embassy of my country here and in 2 weeks I will have my certificate of naturlaztion and I will be sending my passport of orgin to the passport office to get my irish passport but the passport will be expiring soon so that's why I have to go to uk to get my new passport of Origen so the qoustions is will I be able to travel to the uk with my certificate and a forum of id ??? Will I have no problem when coming back to Ireland ??? Will they let me in ?

amison79

Re: Can travel to the Uk with certificate of naturlaztion

Post by amison79 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:49 pm

@bibisha

u said ur current passport is expiring. thn y do u need to get ur passport renewed? wen ur going to take oath in couple of weeks time, u dont need to renew ur current passport. wen is ur current passport expiring? on other hand, u will need UK visa even if u have naturalization cert, thy dont accept naturalization cert.

bundle

Post by bundle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:19 pm

a friend of mine travelled to the UK by ferry+bus using his cert. and he told me that he produced his cert at the port when he was asked for passport. after some checks he was free to go, maybe luckily. BUT it depends on the customs officer. they may not accept it. so if you can take the risk there is an example.
if you fly that might be a different story.
so if you are willing to take the risk go ahead.

bundle

Post by bundle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:26 pm

so some answer to ALL who are going to ask the same question in this forum!
Q:can i travel after sending gnib card?
A:YES YOU CAN AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A VALID RE-ENTRY VISA

Q:can i travel after submitting my gnib card, but my passport is not valid?
A: NO YOU CANNOT TRAVEL WITHOUT A PASSPORT

Q:can i travel without a valid return visa on my passport after sending gnib card?
A:NO YOU CANNOT COME BACK TO IRELAND WITHOUT VALID RE_ENTRY VISA ON YOUR PASSPORT, YOU WONT BE ACCEPTED TO THE FLIGHT, ATTENDANCES WONT TAKE THE RISK

Q:Can i use my cert for travel purpose without passport
A:NO ONE CAN ANSWER THIS, TAKE THE RISK AND LET US KNOW :)

Q: Can i travel with passport and cert?
A: NO ONE CAN ANSWER THIS, TAKE THE RISK AND LET US KNOW :)

i hope this helps.
if you have repeating questions like this feel free to add yours in the list.
all the best

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Ok thanks for your help I might apply for a visa in the coming days

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

But guys you don't need a passport to travel to the uk you just need a valid id which could be like driving license or any forum of id so I will be an irish citizen so I won't need a visa to the uk and the uk immigration they accept valid id because am considered as an irish citizen so I don't need a passport to travel to the uk !

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:24 pm

http://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/faq/p ... ification/

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... he_uk.html

both link above will help. As an irish citizen its not necessarily you hold a passport. Your naturalization certificate is a proof you are an irish. Make sure you hold some other form of id. If you are asked of your nationality, simple answer is... I am an irish citizen no more no less.
your naturalization certificate says it all.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Simple answer is, if you r an Irish Citizen and travelling to UK, you dnt need passport, but something to prove that you r an Irish citizen. Only ryanair ll insist to look at passport. NO OTHER AIRLINE WILL ASK YOU TO SHOW PASSPORT, IF YOU SAY I AM AN IRISH CITIZEN, i.e. your Naturilisation Cert and some other ID such as Irish Driving licence ll be enough.
So, if u r an Irish Citizen, go to any airport, see-port or Bus terminal, once you produced your naturalisation certification proving you r an Irish Citizen, the officer/the guy on counter may have gas in stomach and he/she may wander here and there in pain. you just stay calm and relax as he/she lll eventually let you in to UK and vice versa.
But DO NOT fly with Ryanair as they wont let you fly without a Irish Passport, if you r claiming so. rest is rubbish, whoever saying yoy wont let in, you need reentry visa etc

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks guys that makes more sense cuz when you have your cert that means your irish citizen so it means you can travel to the uk with a valid id :) thank you for clearing it up :)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Members are reminded to show respect to each other.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 am

here you go...
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

It should be ok as you have already
submitted your GNIB card to this office as requested.

Regards
Citizenship Division
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

What did u ask them in the email ???

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 am

this... and yes, wont cost you more than 1 passage to email them and confirm yourself..

Hello,

Can an individual enter Ireland on final approval letter / invitation to
ceremony? i.e once the GNIB card is taken, and an emergency travel happened
afterward, then on return on port on entry when they ask for the gnib card,
is approval letter/invitation to ceremony (knowing that re-entry visa is
still valid) be accepted to let me in Ireland?

Thanks

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

Ok but I will have naturlaztion cert not an approval/invitation

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:40 am

well.. isnt it better than just an invitation?

mrciti

Re:Next citizenship ceremony after 22 September 2014

Post by mrciti » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 am

Does anyone know when is the next citizenship ceremony after 22 September 2014? I paid the certification fee already but definitely will miss this one because of late payment. I m curious to know when is the next one after 22 September 2014.

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah it is but I won't have my country of origin passport that has the re-entry visa on as I will be sending it to the passport office to make my irish passport so I would be traveling to the uk with an id and naturlaztion cert would that be ok ?

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

without re-entry visa and non-expired passport you will never be able to even board! you can bring your new passport along with your expired passport (even if the old passport has been cancelled as its returned to you) that has non expired re-entry visa, then you can board and come in easily.

bundle

Post by bundle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:25 pm

this is from aerlingus web site, so you interpret what s required

Travel between Ireland and the UK or UK Domestic travel

Citizens of Ireland and the UK must carry some form of official photo identification.
Note: In order to travel between Ireland and the UK with photo identification other than a passport, passengers must have been born in Ireland or the UK and also be a citizen of either country. Aer Lingus reserves the right to require proof of citizenship.
The following forms of photo identification are acceptable:
Valid Passport
Driver's licence with photo
International student card
National ID card / Government issued photo ID cards
Health Insurance cards with photo / Social security cards with photo
Bus pass with photo
Work ID with photo

bundle

Post by bundle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 pm

this is from ryanair's web site

THE ONLY FORMS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED ON RYANAIR FLIGHTS ARE:
A valid passport
A valid National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country. (Only the following EEA countries currently issue National Identity Cards acceptable for carriage on Ryanair flights: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France*, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden (not accepted on non Schengen flights), Switzerland. *The validity of French National ID cards (issued for adults) has been extended from 10 years to 15 years ONLY for cards issued between 2nd January 2004 and 31st December 2013 (except flights to/from Malta) .
A valid German Government issued ‘Kinderausweis’ travel document
A valid Greek National Police identity card
A valid Spanish Family Book (for use by children under 14 years travelling with their parents/legal guardians on Spanish domestic flights only)
A valid Italian ‘Certificato Di Nascita’ with photo (for use by children under 16 years) which has been endorsed as ‘VALIDO PER L'ESPATRIO’ for travel on international flights, no endorsement is required when travelling on Italian domestic flights.. It is the passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that this document meets the requirements of immigration and other governmental authorities at the destination airport.
A valid Italian AT/BT card (for Italian domestic flights only).
A valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, by a Government in place of a valid passport.)
A valid Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 27 of the 1954 UN Convention for Stateless Persons, by a contracting state in place of a valid passport)
A valid Collective Passport issued by an EU/EEA country

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:03 pm

You's don't understand me I have my passport which will expire in October and that I will be sending it with my application forum for my irish passport as they requested to send your passport of origins. So it means I will be left with no passport so I have to go to England to my embassy to get my new passport of origins. And plus I won't be able to get a re-entry visa because I will be an irish citizen so they won't issue me one.and also my old passport that I would be sending to the passport office it has a re-entry visa on it ! But I Can't use it because I am sending it with my passport application so hope use understand il just wait until I get my passport and go.

bundle

Post by bundle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:42 pm

there is a lot of information in this thread and thats all people can say. i think you should read them carefully.

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:24 pm

I did but there not clear to me because my situation is different

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Legally as long as you can prove you are irish (ie and EU citizen) the UK has to let you through. They can refuse entry and say you didn't provide enough documentation if they want to, but they will think twice and should not do this if you have the certificate of naturalisation and an official proof of ID as they would be almost guaranteed should you decide to sue them.

Entering Ireland is a non issue - as long as you are Irish and have some kind of proof of ID you can obviously enter your own country.

Boarding planes could be an issue if airlines want to be annoying. As mentioned previously Ryanair is the most likely one to cause issues.

In summary, it's probably doable but might be painful, so if you can wait until you have your Irish passport in hand I would do that.

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 pm

jeupsy wrote:Legally as long as you can prove you are irish (ie and EU citizen) the UK has to let you through. They can refuse entry and say you didn't provide enough documentation if they want to, but they will think twice and should not do this if you have the certificate of naturalisation and an official proof of ID as they would be almost guaranteed should you decide to sue them.

Entering Ireland is a non issue - as long as you are Irish and have some kind of proof of ID you can obviously enter your own country.

Boarding planes could be an issue if airlines want to be annoying. As mentioned previously Ryanair is the most likely one to cause issues.

In summary, it's probably doable but might be painful, so if you can wait until you have your Irish passport in hand I would do that.

thank you that what I am going to do thanks agin