ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted the application - Question on online calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnnieboy

Submitted the application - Question on online calculator

Post by johnnieboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my application few days ago, but I think I made a silly mistake which I want to understand if this can be a problem.
When I've entered the dates of the stamps, my last one is a stamp 4 dated from 08'14 to 08'15.
Instead of putting 08'15, I've put the date of the application (15/9/14). Now, the output was ok, because I have 5 years residency, so i got the two green checkmarks saying this is ok.
It's just that my stamps are obviously longer than the date I've entered, and they end up in August 2015, and not Sept 2014
I think I got confused because I was including a printout the Garda office provided me, and they wrote on the last stamp 08'14 to Date.

I do have copies of my passport stamps in the application, so they can see the stamps and dates. And I'm sure they also have it on their systems, I'm just wondering how big of a mistake is this, and If I need to be worried about it.

Would love any reply to this!
Thanks so much, great forum!

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Submitted the application - Question on online calculato

Post by banana07 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 pm

been there and asked them and they answered:
1- no overlap counted (if your gnib renewed before expiry)
2- no after date (future date after the 5 years total count) counts..

so you are perfectly fine..
the print out turned out only to reduce the number of applications that do not meet the 5 years, hence they want to make sure that you are sure you exceeded the 5 years.. and they wont rely on your print out :) the system in 1 click will tell them how long exactly you are here :)
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia