ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR stamp transfer to new passport for job offer?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmpproblems
Newly Registered

ILR stamp transfer to new passport for job offer?

Post by hsmpproblems » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi
I had my ILR few years back and it is stamped on my old passport. Got a job offer this afternoon but HR saying that there is a new home office rule that the stamp needs to be on new passport. Is that true?

O_Relly

Re: ILR stamp transfer to new passport for job offer?

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:00 pm

That does appear to be the case. My ex-colleague who has been in the UK from when she was 3, who is on her ILR, was recently asked this in her new work place. She has submitted old passport with ILR vignette and new passport and going through the biometric process to get this sorted.
Cheers,
OR

hsmpproblems
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpproblems » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:28 am

Many thanks. Just found some posts which discusses on similar topic, however I saw the notice from Home Office, which is kind of self contradictory.
The problem I have is timescales. I have taken up an appointment in premium service centre coming Tuesday. I guess it takes upto 7 days to get the bio card. Do you know if they put any stamp on the passport as well, I actually need to provide an evidence to the prospective employer, for them to release the contract.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 am

There will be no stamp in your passport. You will have your PEO appointment letter which will prove that you have indeed processed this. My friend is doing this postal via the post office and is taking longer for her. But PEO should be quicker, within a week I would imagine, although the timeline the promise is 15 days.
Cheers,
OR