ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation from overseas

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eduardo10
Newly Registered

naturalisation from overseas

Post by eduardo10 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:33 am

Hi everyone,
I have looked everywhere for a forum on this issue but i have since found non. I hope this kicks of some sort of advisory debate.
I hold an indefinite leave to remain. I recently got a new job with a british company and as part of my job, i have been sent on a two year secondment to the cayman islands in the caribbean. These islands are british over seas territories (i don't know if this gives any weight to my application). I haven't yet gone over the three months time frame within which to apply . I have read in the guidance noted for the naturalisation form that i can still apply if i don't currently live in the UK but intent to live there AND and that i have to show that the company that employs me is a british company. Has anyone gone this route? what was is like? what requirements come with this sort of application? what chance do i have?

thanks a lot

Ed