ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Extension Refusal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Simon2014
Newly Registered

Tier2 Extension Refusal

Post by Simon2014 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi there,

Can someone kindly advise me on my query

My tier2 extension application has been refused due to my salary which my employer missed to review.

I'm making a new application with new COS and appropriate salary. My current leave expired on 6th of sep 2014 and my refusal letter dated 9th of sep. I'm also due to apply my ILR next Dec. I have to make my new application before 4th of Oct and my concern is if my new COS get delayed then I have no options left.

can I make an appeal now and withdraw my appeal as soon as I get my new COS to submit my new application? Would this effect my continuous stay for ILR next year?

Your advise is much appreciated

Thanks in advance
Simon

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier2 Extension Refusal

Post by manci » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:17 am

Simon2014 wrote:Hi there,

Can someone kindly advise me on my query

My tier2 extension application has been refused due to my salary which my employer missed to review.

I'm making a new application with new COS and appropriate salary. My current leave expired on 6th of sep 2014 and my refusal letter dated 9th of sep. I'm also due to apply my ILR next Dec. I have to make my new application before 4th of Oct and my concern is if my new COS get delayed then I have no options left.
if your sponsor doesn't have an allocation of unrestricted CoSs available they have to apply for an increase in their allocation but the process usually only takes a few days. Once they have the allocation the CoS can be assigned immediately (it takes about 20 minutes). If after they applied online there is a delay in receiving the allocation ask your sponsor to call the employer helpline 0300 123 4699.

can I make an appeal now and withdraw my appeal as soon as I get my new COS to submit my new application? Would this effect my continuous stay for ILR next year?
this is a possible route and has the added advantage that you are allowed to work while the appeal is pending but you only have a limited time to submit the appeal. ILR is not affected by overstaying up to 28 days.

Your advise is much appreciated

Thanks in advance
Simon

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Manci,

Please can you help me with below

My company started the process of doing my extension. Im on unrestricted cos during my initial tier 2 g. For this extension should my company needs to apply again for no of allocation, or is it fairly an extension on my current cos

Please advise. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 pm

@North Pole
For the extension a new unrestricted CoS will be needed. If the sponsor doesn't have an allocation available they'll have to apply online through the SMS for an increase in their allocation.