ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused, HO didn't send any letter, appeal time expired

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ifti01
Newly Registered

Visa Refused, HO didn't send any letter, appeal time expired

Post by ifti01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Please suggest

I have applied tier 1 in May 14, had interview on 2 July and I was waiting for the decision, On 12 Sep I wrote letter to MP that I want to travel so please request to HO to process my application asap, and today I received a letter from MP, HO replied to him that my Application has been refused on 25 July and I didn't appeal against it so now I am over stayer and i have no legal right to stay here and we will not return his passport.whereas neither I nor my solicitor received any letter (decision) from HO.

would you please suggest what I am suppose to do ? please if you are not sure don't give any wrong advise it would create more confusion.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: Visa Refused, HO didn't send any letter, appeal time exp

Post by Princess of Ammi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 pm

with no further delays, seek delivery information on this correspondence from UKVI using your lawyer. Good thing that falls in your fav is recorded service that UKVI uses for this purpose that they would have, for your case when delivered the decision.

all above your wrote allies to you and it was your fault if you changed the address and did not notify UKVI about it. it was again your fault if you or your representative ignored or failed to collect the documents on delivery of intimation (post office delivery card) that there is something waiting there for you.

you should be alright once you and they know why it happened you will therefore be given right to appeal provided you proved your innocence. there have been a number of applicants before you on this board experienced the same, for that you might want to look through older posts.
thanks,

ifti01
Newly Registered

Post by ifti01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:18 pm

thanks for the information, my lawyer today wrote a letter to HO, he did mention that he checked his record and he didn't receive any post from HO and we are surprised by the letter we received from MP, as far as we know our application is still pending, he asked for the decision in order for us to submit an appeal.

I am now worried about my status now ? can ukba come to my home ? as I am over stayer as per their record ?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:21 pm

@ ifti01, your solicitor should write to HO explaining that you did not receive any refusal letter and HO are very likely to re-issue the refusal letter with appeal right if you can prove that the letter was not receive by either you or your solicitor.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

david justin

Post by david justin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi,
The same thing happened to me.
I wrote a letter to HO through their complaints section and I was reissued another letter and an appeal given,
I was refused in april and didn't hear anything from HO until capita wrote me in july.
Hope this helps

ifti01
Newly Registered

Post by ifti01 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi David, thanks for the info, my lawyer has sent a letter yesterday, I am bit worried till we get any response from HO as I am over stayer, what should I say in case if they check me on road ? or worst case if they come to my home ?