ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk bachelors degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alina76

Uk bachelors degree

Post by alina76 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:08 am

I just wanted to know that I have got assessment from Naric for my MBA from Pakistan that my degree is
"considered comparable to British Bachelors (Ordinary) degree standard".

I was just worried whether this is good enough(being an ordinary bachelors) for getting 30 points for HSMP or not. Has somebody got approval or extension for HSMP despite of Naric's this wording for their degree.

Please reply if you have any idea about that.

thanks

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:31 pm

nobody is here to help me/

any idea guys?????//

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:40 pm

Now this is making me really scared that my query is really serious that nobody knows the answer???????///

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:09 pm

alina76, I am no expert at this, but if it is certified by Naric, chances are indeed good for the application for atleast the points awarded to the bachelors degree wise. Wait a while as good info on weekends tend to be far in between.

Not replying because I have a clue but rather as the name is so common in Romania where I did my university that I thought I will just take the oppurtunity to misguide you. Now you have a choice of what you prefer to be - misguided or scared!
Jabi

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 pm

Thanks for your reply in any case :)

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:26 am

Dear Alina,
I am also submitting my application with UK Bachelor (ordinary). According to my information, this is enough to get through the HSMP. I am also bearer of a degree from Karachi. Kindly visit thread,

All August HSMP Applicants, Please post here!!!

I want to know that what is minimum ecceptable Qualification to HSMP. Uk Simple Bachelor Degree or UK Bachelor (Honours).?

nsm2010

Hi nsm,

Simple UK bachelors degree will also do. Mine was'nt Honours and it was considered British bachelors degree (ordinary).

Cheers
llcool

ear Ilcool,
Naric replies by phone that my degree is equivalent to UK Bachelor (ordinary). My question is

whether Bachelor (ordinary) is enough to get through the HSMP process???????

Did u submitted your application and approved with your Bachelor (Ordinary) degree?????

and If this is the case what documents did you submitted along with your application.?

IELTS was included or you submitted letter from institution for English profeciency???

kindly reply.

nsm2010

Here are the answers:

1. Yes
2. Yes i did. My Naric and HSMP initial application both got thru
3. FOr Naric i submitted Degree cert, DMCs, GBP 34 fee, Letter from Uni stating my degree was in English. I did not take ielts.

I believe the above information would be helpful to you.

nsm2010[/url]

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Thank You very much for your reply.. much appreciated

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:51 pm

Indeed Ordinary Or Honour bachelor degree does not really matter as you will get the same point
nsm2010 wrote:Dear Alina,
I am also submitting my application with UK Bachelor (ordinary). According to my information, this is enough to get through the HSMP. I am also bearer of a degree from Karachi. Kindly visit thread,

All August HSMP Applicants, Please post here!!!

I want to know that what is minimum ecceptable Qualification to HSMP. Uk Simple Bachelor Degree or UK Bachelor (Honours).?

nsm2010

Hi nsm,

Simple UK bachelors degree will also do. Mine was'nt Honours and it was considered British bachelors degree (ordinary).

Cheers
llcool

ear Ilcool,
Naric replies by phone that my degree is equivalent to UK Bachelor (ordinary). My question is

whether Bachelor (ordinary) is enough to get through the HSMP process???????

Did u submitted your application and approved with your Bachelor (Ordinary) degree?????

and If this is the case what documents did you submitted along with your application.?

IELTS was included or you submitted letter from institution for English profeciency???

kindly reply.

nsm2010

Here are the answers:

1. Yes
2. Yes i did. My Naric and HSMP initial application both got thru
3. FOr Naric i submitted Degree cert, DMCs, GBP 34 fee, Letter from Uni stating my degree was in English. I did not take ielts.

I believe the above information would be helpful to you.

nsm2010[/url]
Pantaiema

Allan_Cantos
Newly Registered

Re: Uk bachelors degree

Post by Allan_Cantos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you in advance for a very informative website.

Could anybody please confirm if I can get points by submitting my Bachelor's Degree Ordinary (assessed by UK NARIC) with relevant college documents and a Medium of Instruction Certificate which states that my course Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering was tought in English?

I checked the Points-Based Calculator but I could not get any points in English Language criteria.

By the way I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa category.

Please need your advice if I the documents relating to english is good enough to move forward or do I have to take IELTS?

Best regards and more power to this site.

Allan