ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Viktoria27

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Viktoria27 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 pm

EEA2 Application sent 16.06.2014
COA received 8.07.2014
Residence Card issued 8.08.2014
RC received 21.08.2014

Self-sufficient with expired Non EEA passport.

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm

john121 wrote:
Midotati wrote:anyone can help me guys ?
please help

Hi mido,

Hope all is fine. There are many things in ur case. It's good if u consult a good immigration solicitor. A Solisicitor can give u an expert opinion. As I think in ur case, you must give all proves (bills, bank statements, living contracts etc) whatever are available new or old, as it is as they are. In form eea1 & 2 there is a special space where u can mention whatever ur special circumstances are. Ur current living address and contact detail (phone number etc). Write down in this space about ur current living place, why and how u living this place (because they can come to visit ur current living in London). btw on wat visa u came here from eu to UK (is this a valid family permit or what). It's good if u consult a good immigration solisitor, he can guide u better.
HI Jon,
All good, how about your self ?

well I'm here now on EEA Family permit "VISA" I applied for it in Italy,
My First One was in 2012 I came here only for one month
then that my 2nd EEA Family Permit, It will expire though in November ,2014
now we are at the End of August and still didn't send my EEA2 Application yet

Problem here that I never done any Living Contracts, no bills, But I can Provide bank statements and living contracts from Italy as we have been living together since marriage.

anyway you are right I think it would be better contacting an immigration solicitor.

Just worried I think they will refuse it the kick me out. :(

thanks Jon
have a good evening

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Viktoria27 wrote:EEA2 Application sent 16.06.2014
COA received 8.07.2014
Residence Card issued 8.08.2014
RC received 21.08.2014

Self-sufficient with expired Non EEA passport.
Congratulations.
:)

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:41 pm

kafworld wrote:Hi Mido,

It will be helpful to the caseworker in Liverpool if you write a detailed cover letter explaining your situation and include it with your application and supporting documentation. They do read them.

Good luck.
Thanks Mate
I will do so, plus I wanna as a immigration solicitor to see if my docs are enough or not
cheers
Mido

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,
Here is my timeline
Applied on 2/2/2014
Acknowledgement letter 7/2/2014
COA 14/2/2014 dated 11/2/2014
RC: still waiting
Is there anyone who applied on February but still waiting? I contacted with HO so many times but only they said application under consideration. Then I found some email address from this forum and send some email. Then I got a letter from HO saying that we apologise for this delay, a decision will be despatched to you within next Two weeks.
What do you guys think, are they gonna give a decision within two weeks or not? Thanks any comments ???

hachim
Newly Registered

Post by hachim » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:52 pm

jahid2014 wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is my timeline
Applied on 2/2/2014
Is there anyone who applied on February but still waiting? I contacted with HO so many times but only they said application under consideration. Then I found some email address from this forum and send some email. Then I got a letter from HO saying that we apologise for this delay, a decision will be despatched to you within next Two weeks.
What do you guys think, are they gonna give a decision within two weeks or not? Thanks any comments ???
I applied on 24th February and still waiting for a decision

Tristan
Newly Registered

Post by Tristan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Timeline

2014-06-05: EEA2 application posted. EEA is student with CSI.

2014-06-17: COA received.

2014-07-22: Notify Home Office of change of circumstance. EEA is now self-employed and student with CSI.

2014-07-29: Request passport return for business trip.

2014-08-09: EEA2 refusal letter received, passport seized. Home Office doubts self-employment, student status and cites CSI as not sufficient due to moratorium, despite a letter from the insurance broker specifically stating it is "comprehensive sickness insurance as required by UKBA."

2014-08-12: Reconsideration request sent with further evidence along with a strongly worded letter expressing our extreme disappointment with HO, while refuting point by point their claims.

2014-08-23: EEA2 Residence Card received and passport returned.

VFN
Newly Registered

Post by VFN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:24 pm

RC received today! see timeline below

Applied: 27-06-14
Acknowledgement letter: 30-06-14
COA (right to work): 03-07-14
Requested passport back: 07-08-14
Received passport: 10-08-14
RC received: 27-08-14 (dated 22-08-14)

The RC was a separate paper as I had requested my passport back. All and all, the process seem a lot more straightforward/simple than originally depicted, 2 months to get my RC. I received ill-advise on whether requesting passport would impact the application (it didn't) and overall timeline from lawyers, so I'd advise you to just give it a go on your own there's a lot of noise out there about this process.

My husband is Spanish (employed in the UK) and I'm Venezuelan (also employed in the UK). We have been married for 3 years.

Thanks all for posting your timelines and sharing experiences, definitely helpful in this process. Good luck to all!

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:43 pm

jahid2014 wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is my timeline
Applied on 2/2/2014
Hi Jihad,

I really hope you get it as they promised. Could you please state your nationalities and what route you took for the application. I applied on 2nd May 2014 and after dozens of calls I am told the same thing, wait!. It has been 4 months now, I got my passport back after alot of efforts and I am only told to wait since it could take upto 6 months. I am Pakistani and my wife is Romanian. I think that's their issue because I can see alot of other nationalities getting it so quick and we are suffering from non stop stress..

Best wishes
Could you please share that email address you found please?

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 am

Guys Need help
for self sufficient EEA1 do we need Sickness Insurance
even if EEA2 full time worker and paying taxes
??

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am

Midotati wrote:Guys Need help
for self sufficient EEA1 do we need Sickness Insurance
even if EEA2 full time worker and paying taxes
??
Hi Midotati,

I am more than certain that you need sickness insurance for your spouse who is claiming to be self sufficient. I can guarantee you that they will reject the application based on incomplete documentation for application. Have seen it happening many times.

Best wishes!

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 am

Any Pakistani / Romanian nationals submitted eea2 application (self employed route) in May or earlier but still haven't got RC?

Stressful times!

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 am

EEA2 Application
Details:
- EU exercising treaty rights + Overstayed Non EU ( Married + We have a Baby)

Sent Application by Mail: August 19
Received the COA: Sept 2 (with right to work)
still waiting until now..

Jellybean105
Member of Standing

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:14 am

Hi

Our 6 month deadline is coming up on the 18th of September and we have not heard anything. Please can someone provide me with an email address so we can chase up the application.

Thanks
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi

Our 6 month deadline is coming up on the 18th of September and we have not heard anything. Please can someone provide me with an email address so we can chase up the application.

Thanks
Hi Jeyllybean105,

Could you please state your nationalities and current status in UK? You could ask them to renew your COA with rights to work for another six months via email on nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. They said it takes only 3 days to renew COA.

However according to chapter 10 article 1.1, you are eligible to apply for priority treatment. Since it has not only been over 3 months but their deadline of 6 months is almost here now
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pter10.pdf

According to chapter 2 article 3.1 Six Months Rule it states
"EC law requires the UK to decide applications for a residence card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. It is vital that this requirement is adhered to."
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... apter2.pdf

I applied on 2nd May and it has been over 4 months. Despite the fact that I called them several times, they keep scaring me that it could take over 6 months in certain cases. I told them it must be true for complicated cases but tell me how my case is complicated since I haven't heard a thing from you...

Anyway after quoting these chapters of Home Office they gave me following address and told me to write on the following address. I sent them post last saturday 6th sept and called them on tuesday (when it was delivered) they told me we get thousands of email everyday and it takes 2-3 days to collect a post from post room. They said we can't answer all of letters and that it is up to case worker if he/she wants to reply to you... nobody replied me via phone or letter.

HOME OFFICE
PO BOX 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

I'd suggest you to at least write to them. I been polite so far and over the letter as well but it seems like only us are suppose to be polite and show patience.

There are couple of other emails which I found on this site but haven't used yet.

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Give it a try if you want and please share any response you get. I am equally stressed and coming to a point where I am thinking of leaving the country for good since it is extremely humiliating to convince a country to give you your rights and treat as human after working years for their own government.

I suggest you to also seek help from EU http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/about ... dex_en.htm

Hope we get out this misery soon. Please do share your experience with us.

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello forum mates, EEA2 appeal was allowed on the 23th of August 2014, anyone with help how long it take to receive RC pls?

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 pm

barin wrote:Hello forum mates, EEA2 appeal was allowed on the 23th of August 2014, anyone with help how long it take to receive RC pls?
hi barin, I hope ur case is end up in few more weeks. can u plz tell what type of question r usually asked in appeal hearing and how was ur experience with appeal hearing (from home office solisitor/rep). I m waiting for hearing in few weeks. I've heard it takes about 2 months after successful appeal (one month for finalising decision / documents by court to home office and 4-5 weeks with home office to finalise). Wish u best of luck.
waiting for reply from urself.
Regards

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 am

MY appeal was paper hearing....

luckyaussie
Newly Registered

Post by luckyaussie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:51 am

Hi, I created an account just to post my timeline as I am feeling pretty lucky about it and forums like this have been very helpful for us. We would not have known we could request our passports back as soon as our application was received without other user's tips.

My husband is a New Zealander with a Hungarian (EU) passport exercising Treaty rights and I am Australian.
- 3rd Sep 2014 - I submitted our EEA2 application via royal mail next day post with a self addressed next day return envelope enclosed.
- 4th Sep 2014 - UKBA signed for it before 8am! I applied that evening for the return of our passports using the online system. I did not give a reason as to why we needed them (we had read other posts that were successful with no real urgent need).
- 17th Sep 2014 - We received the return envelope with my COA (dated 15th Sep) both our passports and an accompanying letter about the return of our passports dated 16 Sep.

I am currently looking for a job and we booked travel for next weekend before we realised they may hold our passports for a while so are VERY happy about the 2 weeks in total/10 business days timeline!

Will try to remember to update when the residence card comes through or if there are any problems. I guess they have 6 months from now so fingers crossed. Good luck to others.

kash112

Post by kash112 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 pm

I applied for eea2 on june 5 recieved accnoledgment letter and coa 14.....
I did not send original id...they refused it on basis of that on 17 july.....i applied again on 27 july with original id s.....recieved coa and acc letter on 5 august 2014...still waiting for rc card.......

anyone got idea how long they are going to take for decision? Best regards

alex.torredo71
Newly Registered

Post by alex.torredo71 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Dude, do you ever read this forum or you just like asking? :?
It takes about 2 months.

create
    Newly Registered

Post by create » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Hello Forum Members,
    I would like to say a big thank u to everyone.Every single information shared here,I would say was useful.The Gurus here are fantastic and helpful.My greatest desire is to see genuine applicants have their application successful within a short time.
    Here is my timeline.
    My wife and I applied for EEA1 and EEA2 on July 14.
    Received my COA on 24th of July.
    I requested for the return of both passports and marriage certificate. It was returned on 25th of August,3 days after sending request.
    I called UKBA on 12th of this month,which was a Friday.The guy told me my application was still in process.He said it has not been acted upon.I was surprised on Tuesday,I received a card from Royal mail that I had a parcel.Lo and behold,I went the next day and collected my parcel with my residence permit on paper with my wife's EEA1.
    I thank everyone,the moderators.You folks are super guys.
    All the best to those who're still waiting.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:30 pm

congrats....what did u tell homeoffice u needed ur documents for?

create
    Newly Registered

Post by create » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:08 am

I told them I needed to travel with my wife.I guess I was just a bit lucky.To contact them,I would suggest to call this number 03001232253,if u need to call.

Elinaki1991
    Newly Registered

Post by Elinaki1991 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is my unmarried partner’s EEA2 Residence Card Application timeline:

1. First application sent - received by Home Office on 15/05/14.
    2. CoA received on 21/05/2014 (not confirming the Right to Work).
    3. Complaint submitted on 24/05/14.
    4. Refusal letter issued on 17/07/2014.
    5. New application submitted – received by the Home Office on 22/07/2014.
    6. CoA received on 01/08/14 (Not confirming the Right to Work).
    7. Contacted Home Office (called them to find out about the progress: 0300 123 2253) every week since 01/09/14.
    8. Residence Card issued 19/09/14.
    9. Documents received / Residence Card received 23/09/14.

Wish everyone good luck in your applications, hope this helps.