ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent to ILR, what form and questions.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnysomerset

PBS Dependent to ILR, what form and questions.

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi

I received my Settlement visa, from TIER 2 GENERAL, in March but my wife hadnt qualified then so didnt include her in the application and left her with PBS Dependent visa. She now qualifies. So I had a few questions on that.

1) Is the form to be used SET (O)?
- This is the form I used for my application and doesnt seem to fit for my wife's application. It's heavily biased towards
the Tier 2 applicant (or the working/sponsoring) applicant. Any advice on whether this is the right form
(seems to be according to guidance).

2) a) If indeed SET (O) is the form to use how do I answer questions like "what evidence do you have of your leave, employer letter?", or other questions to do with income and expenses etc?
b) What do I select under Section 11, to do with documentary evidence? There's no selection for PBS dependent and the Tier 2 migrant category doesnt seem to fit either since that's asking for payslips etc. Do I just select the last box that says "others" and fill the box?

Thanks.

Regards.

Amber
Mood:

Re: PBS Dependent to ILR, what form and questions.

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Yes SET(O), no questions regarding employment are relevant. B1 English, LIUK and cohabitation proof are your priorities,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Great, Thanks! Those three things are sorted, mostly - just need to get off my butt and gather the cohabitation stuff.

So I dont need to prove finances or show any payslips etc?

How about Section 11? There's no selection for PBS Dependent/Spouse. Section 11A filled in as normal, but there's no secondary category. Do I not need to look for it or just provide the relevant proofs mentioned?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 am

Just what's mentioned also include last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:26 am

Payslips and Bank statements, for 3 months - done!

But I'm still not clear on how to tackle Section 11.
According to form you have to provide documents under both 11A and 11B-11V (even though the form doesnt actually go to 11V - idiots!).
Should I just select the "Others" category and write a letter saying applying or spouse, blah blah and providing following cohabitation evidences?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Section 11S cohabitation proof.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks a lot for your help Amber! I went to Cardiff PEO today and my wife's application for Settlement was approved! Hurray!!

The staff were quite courteous, the least you can expect when you pay ~£1500, and the application was processed in about 1.5-2hours.

Documents I took:
Cohabitation documents - Several Bills in joint names, a few bank statements for each of us (individual accounts), a few of my recent payslips and Driving Licences.
My ILR BRP and wife's current BRP (which was obviously withheld afterwards).
Oh also took Marriage licence/certificate from Pakistan.
Filled out application form.

I took photocopies of everything but they basically said they dont need them, they'll make their own copies of anything they want on record.

Thats it!

If you're thinking of going to Cardiff PEO from outside Wales I would highly HIGHLY recommend taking an early morning appointment so you get to Cardiff early, say before 9am, with none of the Newport traffic otherwise you'll be teetering along at 10mph on the motorway despite taking the Toll bridge, costing £6.40!! (had no idea it was going to be that expensive)

Good luck to all, I'm finally out of the race! :mrgreen:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:18 am

Congratulations!

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am

Congratulations!

Really useful information, thanks for asking the questions in the first place and then sharing your final outcome.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing about there being no section 11(?) for 'PBS Dependant' category on form SET(O), and since yesterday I've been comparing it with the form SET(M), which is NOT the correct one as suggested by the guidance but it does have a dedicated section for COHABITATION documentation.

So it was kind of making things confusing for me, but this thread has cleared the doubts :), thanks.

ALTHOUGH - still be interesting to know UKBA's views if someone (dependant) completes this form without any cohabitation documentation to go with it as there is nowhere in the form it asks for that, what would be their stand or even the applicant's stand !

PS - How right you are about 11(B) - 11(V) and there are none after 11(S) in the form; plus there are few other mistakes in the form's section labelling, formatting etc. but can be figured out at least ;)

Thanks again

Simplyhuman

Post by Simplyhuman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 am

Hey sunnysomerset,

In addition to my previous message/reply, I just thought of asking you for a favour; please if you can share the full list of documents for 'your ILR application' and the same for 'your partner's ILR application' by any chance? This will be really helpful for some I'd imagine and a simple bulleted list for each scenario would do a great job I'm sure if at all possible for you?
(Assuming you have already done this work of making the lists in a very organised way when you applied for your applications; it seems so on the basis of your posts in this thread :) )

Thanks in anticipation !

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the wishes guys!

I wouldnt test that theory of not taking cohabitation documents, not at the risk of £1500.

The first thing the guy doing the registration asked us for at my wife's application was for our marriage licence/certificate. So to me that sounds to be the most important.

Anyway, as for the documents I submitted for my application, here is the list:
1 – ILR Form: SET (O)
2 – Passports and BRP (2 passports + Tier 2 BRP)
3 – Sponsor Letter and Payslips (I'll attach the sponsor letter I used, it included mention of appropriate salary, the fact that I'm needed for the job and about my annual leave + 12 months payslip and 2 years P60s)
4 – Knowledge of Life and Language (Degree certificate and LITUK)
5 – Bank Statements (6months)

Sponsor Letter Template:
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/3909711/file.html

Obviously the only addition needed for dependents to a regular PBS ILR application would be the co-habitation documents mentioned earlier, and/or birth certificates etc for children.

rudolfmelissa0821
Newly Registered

Post by rudolfmelissa0821 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 am

Hi there! I just wanted to ask did you submit again the documents u submitted for your IlR when ur wife applied? Or just the cohabitaion docs, bank statements and your BRP and hers? Your response would be greatly appreaciated