ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visiting me in UK from INDIA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajay5009982
Newly Registered

Family Visiting me in UK from INDIA

Post by ajay5009982 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi All,

I would like to invite my parents to UK on Family visitor category with a visa for minimum of 2 years from INDIA. I know they can't stay more than 6 months in one go. I want them to be out of one hassle of applying visa very so often as they planned to visit me 2 - 3 times a year.

i need a help from forum, in writing a sponsorship letter for my parents which allow them to have at least 2 years of family visitor VISA. can someone guide me in right direction or share their sample letter by sending me a copy.

Also i need to know to for UK visitors VISA, as they can't stay more than 6 months during one visit. Can we break this chain by visiting Northern Ireland (which is a part of UK) or to go somewhere in else apart from resident country. even if the stay outside UK is for 1 day only.

Thanks
Ajay

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family Visiting me in UK from INDIA

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:39 pm

You'd only get a two/five/ten year visa with a history of successful six month visa visits.

Also the 'rule' used to be six months in every twelve, so hopping out and hopping back is not an option. That test is kinda still applied and in addition another ''test" is of 'genuine visitor' i.e. is the person(s) just visiting or effectively living in the UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ajay5009982
Newly Registered

Post by ajay5009982 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:02 pm

HI Wanderer, thanks for the reply.

I have never seen any where on UK visas website mentioning about genuine visa test or anything about that the 6 month rule in every 12 months.

also to add my parents been here to UK before in year 2010 on 6 month visitor visa and now i want them to go for 2 years visa as we planned then to stay longer or make frequent visits.

I am also after if someone can share a sponsorship letter they used for successful visa application.

thanks
Ajay

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 am

See page 15 for the 'frequency' rule Wanderer alluded to: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

There's no standard or usual sponsor letter. Every application is different. Some will be sponsoring everything (travel, accommodation, food etc), others will just be travel, others nothing. You just need to write about your circumstances - employment, accommodation, family etc.

And keep this in mind for the application - for everything you assert as a fact, back it up with evidence. If you say 'I earn x', include payslips. If you say 'I own a 100 bedroom mansion' - provided a copy of the land registry doc. Same is true for your parents.

If you're going to say they are going to visit regularly - you (or they) will need to show finances to afford that.