ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help when can I apply for ilr old 2year visa spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fsas09
Newly Registered

please help when can I apply for ilr old 2year visa spouse

Post by fsas09 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Hubby was granted a visa on 28/08/12 and the application was given before the new rules. His visa finishes on the 28/11/14 and we've booked an appointment for the premium service. I was under the impression that we can apply for ilr 28days before the 2year period ends. He came on the 28/09/12 and his appointment is booked for end of this month. Is it too early or are we ok?
Also im sure hes exempt from the new rules? The 18k thing? As he submitted application before and was grsnted 2yr visa rather than5?
Thanks
need help asap please

Casa

Re: please help when can I apply for ilr old 2year visa spou

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:51 pm

You're OK. He could have applied 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date he arrived in the UK. The £18,600 doesn't apply. You simply need to show that you can adequately support yourselves without claiming Public Funds.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks.
We are claiming joint tax credits. I receive carers allowance as eldest is disabled and gets high rate dla. I was told that's ok? Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Tax credits have to be claimed in joint names and no problem with the DLA, so that's all fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Thank you.
At the premium service appointment I read that we can go in with him. Is this true? Also what will they ask? Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Yes you can. In fact if you were unable to attend you would have to provide a letter supporting his application and explaining your absence. It's not an interview. The case worker checks the documents for validity and makes a decision.
(Casa, not CR001)

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 am

Perfect. Thank you very much

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:48 pm

We have 2 bank accounts. 1 which all benefits go into and 1 ehere his wage goes into. We have mainly used the benefit account on a regular basis as the other account we have used for bigger payments (car insurance (3k) a few home improvements and a few bills plus etc)
is this ok?
On the form theres a table that asks of which benefits you have listed which do you rely on? We've been using all of them. In that table I put his wage child tax child benefit amd carers allowance. This olus his wage comes to 2k a month. Is this ok or not? Thanks. Just making sure its all ok. Thanks

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:31 am

Hellloooooo anybody? ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 am

That's fine. Submit statements from both bank accounts.
(Casa, not CR001)

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:34 am

Thank you. So to confirm even the bit about 'adequately relying on' table in section 8 I think it was? Thank you very much. Its a massive help